The boy and the little girl

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Nineteen

 

A head popped into the hallway, with a bright smiled etched onto her face.

With a girlish giggle, the sound of running footsteps filled the home as she moved away from her hiding place.

“Sehunnie oppa, hello!” Hyeri shouted excitedly as she ran up to the sixteen year old.

 

“Ah…, hello Hyeri.” Sehun began awkwardly, fidgeting with slight discomfort as the small girl went to hug both of his legs. He wasn’t expecting the Hyeri to still be so friendly around him; didn’t she see him kissing her father? I’m coming in between your parents, Hyeri ah, stop being so nice to me… it makes me feel bad. Feeling a lump getting stuck in his throat, Sehun went to pat Hyeri’s head lightly, motioning for her to let go.

 

Why wasn’t she angry that I kissed Luhan? The boy questioned himself guiltily, finding it difficult to look at the little girl directly, which in turn made Hyeri look up curiously at Sehun. Why was Sehunnie oppa acting so strangely? … He looks kind of sad too. Hyeri wrinkled her nose in thought; she couldn’t understand why Sehun wasn’t being his usual friendly and cheerful personality around her. Looking up to Kai for help, Sehun pleaded with his eyes silently; hoping that the elder could somehow make it easier for him to be with Hyeri.

 

“I can’t do everything for you, Sehun ah, it’s time for you take matters into your own hands and be the adult you want to be treated like.” Kai whispered just loud enough for only Sehun to hear, perfectly understanding the younger male’s mental message. “You can't keep running fom this, so I brought Hyeri here, the rest is up to you.” Sehun blinked before giving the elder a glance of uncertainty, he was glad that he was given the chance to prove himself but what if he makes things worse? What if somehow Hyeri hates him after facing her?

 

All of a sudden, Sehun just wants to be treated as a kid again; he wants to be taken care of and he doesn’t want to face the possibility of screwing up. It was too much of a responsibility to face Hyeri. And not only so, it was still quite difficult for the boy to face Luhan even after the time they had talked becuse Kai made him to. To be honest, they haven't contacted each other much after Hyeri's birthday. Sehun had sort of developed a mental barrier since the kissing incident; he believed and was sure that it was his fault that it happened.

 

“But Jongin…” The boy faltered a little, with the mental obstacle that was Hyeri just next to him.

“You’ll do fine, lil bro.” Kai gave Sehun a reassuring squeeze on both shoulders before turning to face Hyeri.

“Riri, be nice to Sehunnie and have a talk with him, okay?” The elder grinned as the little girl nodded.

 

Kai leaned in his lips to steal a quick kiss from Sehun before leaving the two alone.

 

Twenty minutes later.

 

Hyeri tilted her head curiously as she watched Sehun push in a tray of uncooked cookie dough into the oven, her legs dangling freely over from the seat she was sitting on a high wooden stool near the kitchen counters. What better way is there to start a conversation with a six year old other than some snacks? “Oppa, how long do I have to wait for the cookies to be done?” She asked, getting a tad impatient after the sweet and delectable scent of vanilla wafted out from the currently baking dough.  

 

Sehun chuckled amusedly before replying the little girl. “About fifteen minutes.”

Hyeri then nodded before inquisitively moving her head around to get a better look of the kitchen.

The boy smiled warmly as he contently watched the girl looking around the room; she was such a cute angel!

 

“Sehunnie oppa, did Daddy and you kiss in this kitchen too?” Hyeri asked suddenly.

Sehun choked at the innocent question, his eyes widening in surprise. He was actually able to choke on air!

“No Riri, we didn’t kiss here.” The sixteen year old laughed nervously, trying to calm himself down.  

 

“Ooh, then… did Daddy hurt you last time?” She huffed up her cheeks determinedly. “I’ll hit Daddy if he did!”

“Huh?” Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter