Memories

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Sixteen

 

The next morning.

 

“Sehun ah, come out please.”

“Go away, you idiot!” His irritable tone voiced through the door.

“….” Is this really happening to me of all people?

 

Kai was standing outside of the teenager’s bedroom, staring with disbelief at the offending doorknob in front of him. The room was locked, Sehun’s door was ing locked; but he never ever locks his door! The elder male huffed his cheeks in annoyance, unamused with Sehun’s less than lovable attitude, the boy had been giving the cold shoulder to Kai ever since they came back home yesterday evening.

 

Which was the exact opposite of what Kai had been expecting for Sehun’s reaction, after he helped out with the situation about him and Luhan. Instead of feeling grateful and thanking his elder brother, Sehun was behaving like a child who was unhappy that things had not gone his way.

 

“But Sehunnie, I’m hungry! Come out and cook me breakfast please.” Kai whined out in his most pitiful voice, hoping that it would manage to coax his younger brother into unlocking and opening the door. But Kai understood why Sehun was acting like this though, the boy was holding a grudge against him. Which the elder also knew that he deserved, he had been too tough on Sehun; forcing and threatening him into doing something that he didn’t want to. “Sehun ah, you don’t want me to die of hunger, do you?”

 

“Perhaps I do, you can die for all I care!” A rebellious voice sounded.

 

Hearing Sehun’s cry of indifference made Kai cringe inwardly, causing him to freeze at the sudden thought of losing his younger brother again. That’s not going to happen, Jongin yah, stop thinking stupid thoughts. Sehun doesn’t mean that, he… just needs some time alone. Kai reasoned to himself mentally as his fingers curled into tight fists, so tight that it made his knuckles turn into a trembling white. It was the first time his younger brother had said something even remotely hurtful to him, but the words were making a more overwhelming impact that it should have. Kai gasps breathlessly, as his vision blurs slightly with wet liquid.

 

Screaming voices, I hear them.

I want it to stop but it just keeps happening.

Sehun is crying loudly, why can’t you two notice that?

 

Why? Why, Mom and Dad?

Stop shouting at each other! Please!

I don’t want you two to fight! What happened to us?

 

It’s scary, stop it!

Sehun is clinging desperately onto me.

His little fingers are holding so tight onto my hand it hurts.

 

“What, do you want me to die in front of you?”

“Perhaps I do, you can die for all I care!”

The screaming becomes louder.

 

Sehun! Don’t leave me!

I scream as loud as I could, waking up from my sleep.

But he wasn’t there anymore, it was just another nightmare.

 

“Sehun….” Kai whispers silently, a lone tear travelling down his cheek. Thank god that the door was locked, I wouldn’t know what to do if Sehun sees me like this… it's a blessing that he doesn't remember. The male trembled slightly, leaning against the wooden doorframe with his forehead for support. If only I was younger back then, so that I won't remember either…

 

This shouldn’t be happening at all, Jongin, stop being such a ing weakling! …But I’m not strong enough. Kai slides down to sit onto the floor involuntarily, his legs giving away to weakness. It happened thirteen years ago already! Sehun is here, my brother is here, so stop freaking out. Everything is alright, he doesn’t hate me, Sehun does not hate me at all… right?

 

--

 

“Sehun ah, I’m sorry for being such a horrible brother.”

 

A visibly audible voice of hurt could be heard from Kai, which made the younger whip up his head towards the door in concern. Should I even open the door? …Hyung ah, you better not be on one of your dramatic acting sessions to get my attention again…. Sehun moved from his bed hesitantly, reason was that he knew that Kai was playful by nature. …It sounds kind of real. Ah…, to hell with with my stupid stubborness and pride, I admit that it was childish of me to ignore Kai.

 

“Jongin, you aren’t a horrible brother. Don’t ever say that.”

Insisted the boy determinedly when his hand wrapped around the doorknob.

 

“It’s okay. You don’t have to open the door.”

Came Kai’s voice from behind the wooden door when Sehun was just about to open it.

 

The boy fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter