Talk

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chap Six

 

A few days later.

 

Wednesday afternoon.

 

“Do you think she’s really happy with what she has?”

 

Luhan began slowly, breaking the long silence between in the car between him and his wife. Currently, the couple was at the carpark near their daughter’s school, waiting for little Hyeri to be dismissed. Taeyeon was having a day off after working overtime for almost a consecutive week while Luhan’s day ended early as he only had two classes to teach. Turning to give the other a pointed look, Taeyeon frowned slightly, instantly getting what the male was talking about.

 

“Hyeri has Sehun and Kai as her elder brothers.” She stated clearly.

“But that’s just different Tae, she wants somebody close to her age or younger than her as a friend.”

 

“She has friends Luhan, we cannot afford having another child, it’s already difficult enough.”

“… Then when do you think we will be ready for one?” he asked cautiously.

 

Of course, LuHan knew that both of them were still young and able enough to healthy children even ten years down the road, but he really liked the feeling of being a father to someone and he loved energetic little kids too. It might sound selfish and reckless, a part of Luhan wanted a second child despite the just-enough-to-get-by family income; having Hyeri as a daughter brightened up his mundane and boring life. Another little angel in the family would be just perfect, imagine having a second bundle of joy! – Riri would have a playmate and I’ll be happy when she’s happy. Plus it would be sort of a bonus; I love kids, thought Luhan to himself.

 

“Honestly, I don’t know.” Taeyeon muttered tiredly, closing her eyes.

“But… do you want to have another child with me when we can?” LuHan paraphrased his words.

 

She stared at the male wonderingly before speaking in a hesitant and searching tone.

“We’ll see…. But seeing how things are now, it’s a definite no.”

 

“I knew you would say that.” Luhan stared back emotionlessly. “You said the same thing last time.”

“Exactly! We are still the same two people, working so hard for money!” Taeyeon insisted back.

“It’s always work and money, isn’t it?” He mentioned without a single moment to think.

 

His wife shot him a steely glare before getting off the car.

“Don’t get me started on an argument Lu, we’ll talk about this again next time.”

 

"Tae!" Luhan almost retorted venomously, storming out of the driver seat.

 

But he didn’t as Hyeri ran up happily to Taeyeon.

 

.... Next time then.

 

7pm, evening time.

   

Luhan found himself in a frazzle of nerves and slight anxiety as he found himself outside Kai’s house again. It had been exactly three days since the twenty two year old promised SeHun to tutor him. And LuHan was definitely looking forward to spending more time wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter