Shopping again

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chap Nine

 

Saturday.

 

Luhan was at the supermarket again, stalking shopping for groceries.

 

It was also the day that Sehun goes shopping for groceries too; he always does it on a Saturday.

However, this time, little Hyeri wasn’t accompanying her father.

 

Luhan wouldn’t exactly name his actions as stalking. It was definitely not stalking, he wasn’t some creepy ert; he was just simply shopping for groceries on a Saturday. Luhan was just doing an innocent everyday activity in the supermarket that the sixteen year old coincidentally frequents too and that was all. Sehun was in charge of cooking meals, so it wasn’t surprising that he was the one who does the grocery shopping instead of Kai. Who knows what kind of monstrosity that the boy’s older brother would buy if he was in charge of the responsibility, Luhan just shivers at the thought of Kai cooking.

 

As for Luhan, he had decided to be a better husband to Taeyeon, taking up the task of grocery shopping so as she wouldn’t have so much of a burden on her. The reason was that simple, no hidden intentions under the young father’s sudden decision to take charge of shopping. Perhaps he was seriously trying to make their married relationship work better or so that he could actually see Sehun more often, other than Wednesday which was the boy’s scheduled tuition lessons.

 

Whatever the reason was, Luhan was definitely not stalking.

 

Entering the supermarket, Luhan pushed a shopping trolley towards the produce section while reading a crumpled to-buy-list that had his rushed and messy handwriting sprawled on it. Taeyeon wanted him to buy more fruits and vegetables, she mentioned something about the family needing to lead a healthier lifestyle. And honestly, Luhan couldn’t understand why there was a need for it, it wasn’t as if his daughter or himself were overweight – they just tended to eat much more chips and snacks than the lady of the house. Taeyeon was sometimes too health conscious for Luhan’s taste.

 

“You like eating asparagus and capsicums? Wow, someone is suddenly really healthy.”

 

Luhan didn’t have to look up from the shelves of vegetables that were in front of him to know who was speaking behind him. Doing his best to keep the big and silly grin that was about to take over his face, Luhan turned a little to the back to find Sehun’s beaming face just a few centimetres away from his. “It wasn’t my idea, kiddo.”

 

“Let me guess, a junk food ban in your household, dear Lulu?”

“Yeah, how did you know? … and please don’t call me Lulu, it’s bad enough to hear it from Kai.”

 

“Last time I saw you shopping with Hyeri, your trolley was practically three quarters full of chips, snacks and whatever junk food.” Sehun chuckled a little at the slight frown that was on the elder male’s face, he looked like such a cute baby when he was annoyed. It amazed the sixteen year old that Luhan was actually in his twenties, when he first met him, Sehun thought that Luhan was in his teenage years too. “… So only Jongin can call you Lulu? I’m really jealous, hyung.” Sehun whined playfully, feigning hurt with a quivering pout of his lips.

 

Luhan’s chest nearly caved in at the sight of the boy’s teasing display of vulnerability, Sehun should not be doing this in public. Especially not when Luhan’s self control was quite bad; which was all the of the moments when the boy was beside him.

 

Taking a calming breath, Luhan stepped away from Sehun so that he wouldn’t be almost leaning on the boy’s body. Being so close to him was dangerous and Luhan could feel himself breaking to temptation. He was married. He had a daughter. Sehun was sixteen, a minor. He was twenty two, a legal adult. They were both males. Reminding himself, Luhan pushed away all of his unhealthily thoughts.

 

“How was your chemistry assignment?” Changing the topic, Luhan faced the younger boy.

“Hmms, I got a B plus, which was quite an improvement from my C average.”

“What, no A? I’m an excellent teacher you know.” Luhan teased.

 

“Bah, you can’t expect me to get an A average after one lesson!” Sehun whacked his tutor’s head lightly, looking at him with a fake accusatory expression. “If you want me to get an A, there needs to be some reward or incentive for me.” The boy smirked mischievously, softly breathing against Luhan’s ear.

 

“Oh, what would you like?” Luhan smirked back.

“Let me think about it…. I still need to get some chicken, follow me?”

Luhan agreed easily, nodding his head in agreement and following Sehun to another aisle.

 

--

 

However, instead of going to the meat section, Luhan found himself in an unfamiliar part of the supermarket. The young teacher wasn’t really familiar with the place since he was still somewhat new to grocery shopping, Taeyeon usually did the task. So, being the unsuspecting person Luhan was, he was led into the remote canned food section by Sehun which made him frown understandably.

 

“I don’t see any chicken here, Sehun ah.” The teacher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter