Warming up

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Four

 

A few days later, Friday.

 

It was seven in the evening and the family of three had gathered together for dinner. Hyeri was listening curiously to the adults’ conversation, but try as she might the words were too difficult for her comprehension. Wrinkling her nose, Hyeri pouted at the phrase - economic inflation, why couldn’t Mommy and Daddy use easier words that she could understand? Waiting patiently, Hyeri placed her fork of chicken into , she knew that it would impolite to interrupt people when they were speaking.

 

It was going to be Hyeri’s birthday in two weeks and she had been wanting to tell her parents what present she would like for her special day. The girl was also aware of the fact that her parents couldn’t really buy her many toys to play with as they just earn enough to get by. Mommy and Daddy works too hard for me, so I’m going to ask for something that didn’t cost anything. Hyeri thought gleefully to herself, what she wanted couldn’t be found at toy stores anyway.

 

So, it shouldn’t really cost anything. But that was what the little girl believed though.

 

“Mommy, Daddy, can I tell you what I want for my birthday?”

“Sure dear, what would you like?” Taeyeon asked first, turning to smile at her.

LuHan continued eating while listening carefully to his daughter’s sixth birthday request.

 

“I want a brother! Like Sehunnie oppa has Kai oppa!” She announced happily.

 

Instantly, LuHan choked on his bite of food; the rice getting stuck in his throat due to sudden shock. Having another kid? Oh god, he wasn’t ready for that yet and their financial situation wouldn’t allow for a second child either. Coughing for a moment, LuHan patted at his chest to help himself swallow while looking at Taeyeon. The young woman was unsure of what to say, biting her lower lip in quivering uncertainty.

 

“Hyeri, Daddy and I are already happy with you.” Taeyeon answered softly, patting her head.

“…. But I’m not, I’m so lonely without you two.” Hyeri whispered almost inaudibly.

 

LuHan had a knot in his stomach and it was coiling up uncomfortably while his eyes looked between the two of them. It was a hard fact that their daughter indeed felt lonely without them – most of the time, she would just be at a daycare centre and the parents would be busy at work. In the back of his mind, LuHan had mentioned this to his wife before, but the both of them had come to the conclusion that they couldn’t  take care of a second child. It would be cruel to bring another life into the family – it posed too much of a strain on the parents and the small child.

 

“Dear… you aren’t happy?” Taeyeon asked in gentle concern.

“I am Mommy, it’s just… sometimes I want someone that who could closer to me than a friend…. Having a brother would be fun I think.” Hyeri then smiled a little. “But if I can’t have a brother, I’m okay with it… uh, Sehunnie oppa and Kai oppa can be both my big brothers!”

 

LuHan let out a mental sigh of relief, glad that the little girl was fine with the family as it was. Although, once he heard SeHun’s name, LuHan started to grin to himself; the handsome smile of the boy flashing back into his mind as a memory. And as soon as he did realised what he was doing, LuHan dropped the silly expression from his face. Oh god, what am I doing? He thought to himself, frowning slightly at the table.

 

“Oh and Daddy, could you drive me to Kai oppa’s house tomrrow? Mommny allowed me to go there earlier today!” Hyeri suddenly mentioned excitedly, pulling LuHan out of his thoughts. Taeyeon would be unavailable to take care of Hyeri as her colleague was still sick and she needed to cover for her. So, the male agreed easily as he would be free the next day, schools don’t open on the weekends anyway. Thank heavens they didn’t open on Saturdays and Sundays, I don’t have to see those monsters for two days! LuHan cheered happily in his head  

 

“Sehunnie is going to sit on me again!”

 

“Wh-What? Sit on you?” Both parents almost shouted in surprise.

“Baby-sitting, isn’t that sitting on me?” Hyeri ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter