Memories II

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Seventeen

 

Friday afternoon.

 

“Jonginnie, do you want me to cook lunch?”

Sehun asked, popping his head into the living room from the hallway.

 

Instead of giving an answer, Kai continued with flipping through the television channels, like he didn’t even hear his younger brother’s question. Sehun frowned slightly before repeating the question in a louder voice; perhaps he really didn’t hear me over the sounds from the show he was watching.

 

But the boy didn’t fail to notice his elder brother’s slight change of attitude though, Kai had become less clingy and responsive to him since yesterday evening. While Sehun kind of liked being left alone, he missed having his elder brother babying him - even if it was irritating sometimes; and he couldn’t really understand why Jongin was ignoring him, did he do something wrong?    

 

Then, a smile-inducing thought struck Sehun.

 

I don’t believe this…, was I really correct? Slowly, a delighted and happy grin made its way to the boy’s lips, curving up into a pleasant curl. You are the cutest brother on earth, I swear! “Hyung~!” Sehun whined playfully, running into the living room and tackling Kai who was sprawled on the sofa with a breath taking hug; which made the elder gasp out with surprise.

 

“I love you so much!” The boy exclaimed cheerily, wrapping his arms around his poor brother’s waist. “You are so cute, Jonginnnie! You were jealous of Bacon, that’s why you are acting like this, weren’t you?”

 

“Please, as if.” Kai rolled his eyes sarcastically, propping up himself to properly look at Sehun who was lying on top of him. “Stop being such a self-assuming brat, lil bro.” The elder stated calmly as he tried to push Sehun off him, like he was uncomfortable with the close contact. A flash of confusion, with a tiny hint of hurt hidden inside of it struck pass the boy’s face, as his eyebrows furrowed together with creases of befuddlement.  

 

Why was Jongin being so indifferent to me? I’ve must have really done something wrong, he never refuses contact with me, especially when I initiate it! Sehun pointed his head down in disappointment, letting Kai push him away easily. You really are a conceited kid after all, Sehun, even your brother doesn’t like you anymore. “Hyung… Do you hate me?” He whispered softly, his words laced with fragile vulnerability. Kai stared at the younger boy expressionlessly; sighing tiredly before turning away to face his variety television programme again.  

 

Don’t ignore me, it hurts, hyung. “I can change for you, please… don’t act like this.” Sehun truly believed that he had done something horrible for Kai to behave so differently, what else could have been the reason? “Whatever wrong I’ve done to you, please forgive them… I want my loving brother back.”

 

God I’m behaving like a pathetic guy who has fallen out of a relationship, but Jongin is the only sibling I have, I can’t have him hating me. Sehun sniffled slightly, a tingling sensation prickling his eyes as the hand he extended out to Kai got pushed aside. With a last and bordering on desperate attempt, the younger mumbled out a near inaudible “I-I love you…, Jongin ah.”  

 

The next thing Sehun knew, a loud and unexpected laughter erupted from Kai. Is he making fun of me now? The boy started to tear up, a gentle trickle of wet droplets rolling down his cheeks. Jongin doesn’t care about me, he’s mocking me… Sehun’s lips began to tremble and quiver as silent sobs escaped from his mouth, the feeling of abandonment overwhelming him. Unknowingly to him, Kai scooted closer to his younger brother in concern, unable to bear the sight of Sehun on the sofa crying next to him anymore longer.

 

It was starting to make him feel regretfully guilty.   

Looks like things have gotten too far.

 

“Brat, you look ugly when you cry, Lulu will probably stop liking you if he sees this.” Kai teased as he placed a comforting arm around Sehun’s shoulders, pulling him into a hug. Instead of stopping, the boy started to cry even harder as he hugged Kai tightly for comfort, much to the elder’s shock. Perhaps getting revenge on Sehun for ignoring him yesterday by being indifferent and more meaner to the boy was a bad idea. Kai didn't like to see his brother cry at all.

 

“Hush Sehun, he’ll still like you. So don’t cry baby bro… and, and you look handsome while you cry!” Kai spewed out as many comforting words as he could while rubbing soothing circles on Sehun’s back. Okay, I did a really stupid th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter