Best friends

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Twenty-Eight

 

Tuseday afternoon.

 

“The usual coffee order for you, Jongin?”

“Yeah,” Kai smiled as he nodded to a loveseat. “And a hibiscus-ginger tea for that guy.”

“Is he your boyfriend? I always seem to see him with you here these few days.”

 

“That’s for you to guess, Myunnie~” The twenty one year old chuckled playfully as he leaned over the cashier counter. “Why, are you interested in him? … But I have to warn you, don’t be tricked by his baby-face, he’s a devil in bed and he has a big di-” A quick hand shot to cover Kai’s mouth.

 

“Jongin! Stop, I don’t want to know anything about him!” Joonmyun started turning red faced in embarrassment, sputtering while the other male started laughing cheekily. Kai smiled brightly as the cashier gave him an unamused glare before handing out the drink orders. “When will you ever realise that I don’t want to know about your life?”

 

“Probably never.” Kai threw Joonmyun a charming smirk while the latter rolled his eyes.

“I hope you get AIDS or some other related disease.”

“You wish, I’m too y for that.”           

 

--

 

“What a promiscuous flirt you are, teasing poor Joonmyun again.” Luhan mumbled as his best friend sat beside him on the sofa. Kai laughed while taking a sip of his caramel frappuccino before handing Luhan his order of tea. “It’s all in good fun Lulu, why else do you think I always go to this Starbucks café?” The twenty two year old raised his eyebrow at the question sarcastically. “Uh, because it’s near your modelling agency, other than the fact that you are a playful brat who enjoys the misery of others?”

 

“Aww Lulu, you know me so well.”

“Shut up, idiot Jongin – and… thanks for helping find a studio space.”

“You’re welcome.” Kai grinned before putting out a hand to him. “Your portfolio?”

 

Luhan sighed nervously before giving the model his A3 portfolio, keeping quiet when Kai was scanning through the numerous sketches organised in the file. And suddenly, Luhan was biting his lower lip under his self-imposed tension; because the guy looking through his designs wasn’t just Kai, he wasn’t just an irritating yet lovable best friend anymore. He was Jongin, the Kim Jongin; one of Korea’s few rising fashion supermodels - Kai was currently judging Luhan’s designs and somehow, the very thought scares him. Luhan knows it’s probably ridiculous but he was an amateur compared to Kai in the fashion industry after all.

 

“Luhan, aren’t these designs just for females?”

Luhan felt his heart shoot up to his throat at Kai’s serious tone. “Yes but-”

“Pity, I would love to model your designs, they’re good. I’ll get some of my female friends to hel-”

 

And the next thing Kai knew, he found himself in an excited and extremely tight embrace.

“Oh god Jongin, you are the most wonderful best friend in the whole ing world!”

“What will you ever do without me?” Kai chuckled against Luhan’s shoulder.

 

“Idiot Jongin, you are such an arrogant fool.”

“Thanks for the praise, Lulu~”

 

Meanwhile.

 

“Do you need help? Are you really okay, Sehun ah?”

“No and yes, I’m sure I can carry a tray of food! That’s the sixth time you are asking me!”

 

Sehun sighed tiredly, it’s understandable that his best friend was worried about him but it was getting irritable after the third time Baekhyun had expressed his caring concern. “You heard what the doctor said yesterday, I just need to stay away from gym lessons for about a month and to stop putting unnecessary stress on my waist.” Which was what Sehun was planning to do, to recover as quickly as possible; he didn’t want to trouble anybody.

 

“I’m just making sure.” Baekhyun states simply, following the boy to an empty cafeteria table for their lunch.

“I still think that Jongin should know about your waist-”

 

“Bacon. No.” Sehun interrupted firmly, pointing a fork threateningly to the other sixteen year old. “What he doesn’t know won’t kill him. Besides, I don’t want Jongin to worry about me, it would mess with his concentration during work and he will most probably treat me like some fragile piece of glass. I’m an adult who can perfectly take care of himself in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter