Between two friends

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chap Eleven

 

Tuesday afternoon.

 

Luhan was conducting a make-up lesson until 5.30pm.

 

It was a very long day and his patience was running dangerously thin.

 

A loud burst of laughter erupted at the back of the classroom, causing the science teacher’s bad mood to worsen. Luhan glared intently at the group of students who were the cause of the ruckus, willing them to get the ing point to shut the hell up. He couldn’t believe that they were disturbing the lessons, the class he was teaching at the moment were the twelve year olds; the supposedly more serious students of the elementary school. Those immature brats were about to have a major exam soon and yet they weren’t paying any attention!

 

If there was anything Luhan disliked more than his teaching job, it would the students – the bad ones that is. The twenty two year old didn’t really care for the academic prospects of the students that didn’t pay attention to him, it would be their own faults for not listening to him, he would still be paid every month anyway. But Luhan did care when those brats disrupted the lessons, it would adversely affect the good students that do make an effort to pay attention and it was completely unfair for them. 

 

“Kids at the back, settle down!” Luhan chided sternly.

 

But they seemed to ignore the young teacher, his voice definitely wasn’t that soft for them to not hear him. An eyebrow twitching irritably, Luhan repeated his words again with more sternness, those students were going to strip away every ounce of his diminishing patience. Oh shut the up, don’t you dare pollute the class with your lack of focus! Screaming mentally at the disruptive kids, a heavy weight began pounding on his temples; the signal of an oncoming headache.

 

Luhan disliked his job as teacher and nothing was going to change that. Perhaps it was because he didn’t really finish university and there was a lack of jobs he was qualified enough for, the twenty two year old ended up as a teacher for horrid, misbehaving little kids. And not just a teacher, Luhan was mostly a substitute teacher and that meant lesser pay, more headaches and stress as the younger generation was getting more rambunctious and disrespectful to them. In fact, he was beginning to loathe it with an endless hatred – he had been working an undesired profession for about five years now and it was slowly breaking him.

 

“Seriously, settle down!” Luhan commanded. “You have an exam soon, so keep quiet and pay attention!”

“Sir, why don’t you keep quiet and continue teaching?” One of those brats suggested, earning cheers from the other students.

 

A blood vessel throbbed almost spastically in the teacher’s temples, bursting in frustration.

That’s it, I’m not taking any more of this ing crap! Luhan slammed both his fists onto the teacher’s desk.

 

“Oh, I’ll keep quiet alright, all of you can study on your own without me.” Luhan whispered in a deathly manner, staring out at all of the now extremely shocked kids, who were all unfamiliar and afraid of the usually bullied, too docile and nice substitute science teacher - he was finally was reacting to the pressure. “It’s not my fault if you guys get y grades or fail the exams, I’ve done my job and I’m still paid a salary.”

 

An overwhelming silence befell the classroom, as the air was suffocated with unbearable tension.


“To hell with your grades, I don’t care anymore.”

 

And Luhan left the classroom.

 

In the midst of lessons.

 

Evening, dinner time.

 

 

“I feel like a horrible person.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter