Promises

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Twenty-Nine

 

“Stop it, Jongin! Once is already enough!”

Kris’s hand shot out to hold back Kai’s wrist, preventing him from throwing another punch.

“Let me go Kris!” Kai struggled like an enraged animal, blinded by fury. “Let me hit him!”

 

“I’m telling you to stop it, he isn’t worth getting into trouble for!” Kris reasoned fiercely, every single word of his punctured with a commanding tone while still holding back Kai who was rebelling against him. “Do you even know that you could get arrested for assault, for punching someone in the face that!”

 

“Let me go! I don't ing care about that!” Kai trashed stubbornly, nearly hitting Kris in the face.  

 

“Well you need to ing stop it,” Kris roared, resorting to the one thing that he knew would definitely hold back a raging Kim Jongin. “What about your brother huh?! What is going to happen if you get into trouble, how do you think he is going to feel if you get arrested, who’s going to take care of Sehun!” Kai froze and stopped struggling at the mention of his younger brother’s name, a look of horrified realisation flashing across his face.

 

“What’s the matter son, not man enough to continue?”

The father sneered mockingly after recovering from the earlier punch.

“Relax Jongin.” Kris whispered softly when he felt Kai’s hand tense irritably.

 

“Whispering to your man-, son? How disgustingly sweet of you.”

“No, ignore him.” Kris repeated his stand again, when he felt Kai clenching his hands into tight fists.

“But he’s insulting you!” However, the blonde shook his head nonchalantly. “I don’t care.”

 

“Tsk tsk, Jongin ah, I’m so disappointed, I didn’t teach you to be a two-timing .” The father taunted haughtily, an ugly smirk shadowing across his wrinkled features. Kai didn’t fully understand what the much hated bastard meant but nonetheless continued glaring with hostility at the man for insulting him. “What do you even mean by that I’m a two timing ?! I’m not even in a ing relationship!” The twenty one year old model asked with a barely restrained anger.

 

“But of course, you’re just playing around with people, using them for casual s-”

“Shut up, you don’t even know me, you don’t even teach me anything and mostly, I don’t even do that!”

 

“Oh I know what you are, you are turning to a like your brother and he’s bewitching you into ing him every day, did you like ing him while playing along with that Kris, you two-timing ?! Did you like ramming your up your brother's , hearing him scream your name?! Both of you deserve to die and Sehun deserves to burn in hell for making you gay, he deserves a fate worse than hell-” Kai roared animalistically, tearing away from Kris’s grip and rushing up to his estranged father with a brutal fury. “SHUT THE ING HELL UP!”

 

The next thing Kris knew, a sickening crack snapped and resonated throughout the room; causing him to widen his eyes in mute, overwhelming shock. “Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY TALKS ABOUT SEHUN LIKE THAT, ESPECIALLY YOU! ing die, JUST DIE AND DISAPPEAR!” The blonde ran up to Kai, holding back the trashing and furious model amidst heavy gasps and shouts. Except... it wasn’t Kai who was expressing his inner rage.

 

It was the father, who was expelling breathless, strangled shouts.

In pain, he was trashing spastically and glaring at the tanned model fiercely. 

Kai had dislocated, and had probably broken his jawbone with a single punch. 

 

The father slurred out mumbles of speech while cupping his own jaw.

“Burn in hell, Jongin! You are no son of mine! I will make sure you will regret hitting me!”

With that promise he stalked out of the agency, but not before throwing a seething glare at Kai.

 

“We should call the police, he’s harassing you-”

“No Kris, he’ll only get worse.”                

“But he-”

 

“Are you okay, Jongin? I overheard the commotion.” A new voice appeared behind both males.

“I’m okay, a heroic strong man saved me.” Chuckled Kai as he playfully leaned onto Kris; who leaned back affectionately.

“And what were you doing when Kai needed you, oh great manager-nim?”

 

Big, soulful mahogany-tinted eyes that usually expressed kindness rolled themselves sarcastically.

“Using the toilet, what else you idiot?” Kyungsoo sighed as he went up to both models that were under his management.

“Stop disrespecting me, shortie.” Kris teased while waving his hand at the 15cm height difference above the manager’s head.

 

“I’m not short, it’s just that you are freakishly tall,” Kyungsoo grumbled, grabbing away the hand that landed on his hair. “… And your hands are freakishly huge too; it’s like out of proportion with your body.” Kris blanked out for a moment before taking a self-conscious glance at his hands and then expelling a loud gasp. “They are? … Oh my god, they are! HELP ME KYUNGSOO, MAKE THEM SMALLER!” Looking at both the model and manager interact, Kai laughed or rather, uncharacteristical

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter