Shopping

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Five

 

The next day, Sunday.

 

“Daddy!” Hyeri protested when LuHan placed a jar of jam into the shopping trolley.

“Huh? What is it, Riri?” LuHan asked curiously, turning to look at the girl who was puffing her cheeks.

 

“Can we get peanut butter instead?” The little girl said, holding up a rather large jar with a white label to her father. “How about we get both then?” LuHan smiled a small grin, taking the object from her as she looked up at the jars of jam placed on the shelves, fascinated by the numerous brands. “Riri, let’s go, we still need to get our groceries.” He said, reaching out to hold her hand. The two of them were shopping at the supermarket near their home. Taeyeon usually does it with Hyeri but she had to cover up for her sick colleague, apparently it would be a week of extra work for LuHan’s wife until she recovers completely.

 

Not that he minded grocery shopping and sharing the responsibilities with Taeyeon though.

There wasn’t anything much for LuHan to do during the weekends anyway.

 

“Daddy, can we buy some chips?” Hyeri asked when they passed by the snack aisle.

“Okay, let’s see what they have here.” LuHan hummed, pushing the shopping trolley into the aisle and scanning through the shelves. “Lays! They have it!” The male cheered happily, picking up a packet of chips to hold it in front of Hyeri.

 

“… Daddy,” The little girl crossed her arms unamusedly. “You know I don’t like Lays!”

“Really?” Luhan pretended to be shocked. “I guess you don’t like the sour cream flavour?”

“Eww, that’s icky!” Hyeri’s face scrunched up as she remembered the taste.

 

The young parent laughed, putting back the packet of chips back onto the shelf. Hyeri’s dislike of Lays was caused by LuHan, who happened to be eating a packet of Lays’ sour cream chips at home one time. Being the curious little girl she was, Hyeri asked for a bite, only to spit it out and since then, she developed a dislike for Lays, regardless of any other flavour. “So I guess you don’t want the Lays original flavour either?” LuHan teased playfully.

 

“Daddy, no!” Hyeri squeaked, stomping her foot on the floor cutely. “I want nacho chips by Doritos!”

“Doritos then, your royal highness.” LuHan sighed in mock defeat and tiredness, reaching out to take a packet as his little girl smiled satisfyingly to herself. He pouted balefully for a little moment at Hyeri who was giggling before putting the Doritos in the shopping trolley. “Anything else your servant can do for you, my princess?”  

 

“I can see where Hyeri gets her adorableness from.”  

 

A familiar voice mentioned behind LuHan, causing him to blush instantly and turning around in surprise. LuHan knew that husky and confident voice anywhere, it belonged to a certain teenager that had been plaguing his mind recently. And this was the second time that the burning feeling of embarrassment came to the young parent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter