Daughter and Father

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Fourteen

 

“Hyeri, I know you are there.” Luhan spoke weakly.

 

“Please stop hiding and come out, Daddy wants… to speak to you.” The young parent managed to say before his throat got caught up with tension and stress. Luhan’s poor heart was palpitating furiously in his chest and threating to get struck with a cardiac attack; his daughter had seen him kissing Sehun! I am so ing dead, thought Luhan to himself as Hyeri timidly made her way into the kitchen to speak with the fatherly figure.

 

“Hyung…” Sehun looked at the elder male with flustered and apologetic eyes that had a hint of fear in them. Luhan frowned slightly, wanting to get rid of the unsightly expression on the sixteen year old’s face. It’s wasn’t his fault that this happened, if it was anybody’s fault for the situation at hand, it was mine.  Luhan moved closer to the boy slowly and pressed a soothing kiss onto his forehead; which made Sehun jump up a little in shock as Hyeri was still in the room.

 

“Hyung!” The younger male protested, pushing away Luhan as his eyes were still wide with surprise. What the was he doing?! Didn’t Luhan realise that his daughter was still in the kitchen with them? But when Sehun was about to protest again, the elder male stopped him with a hushing fingers onto his lips.

 

“Go find Kai, I’ll handle this on my own.”

“But… Luhan, I can’t just leave you with the mess I caused!”

 

“No it’s not, this isn’t your fault.” The elder male muttered out with a tired sigh, which was technically the truth. It’s was Luhan’s fault mainly – if only he hadn’t kiss the boy earlier because of his stupidity and lack of judgment; which was sickeningly ironic as the twenty year old male had been commenting to Sehun about thinking of the consequences that came along with his actions.

 

“Don’t argue with me please, so go and find your older brother.”

“But Luhan!” Sehun stubbornly insisted, staring at the elder male challengingly.

“I mean it.” Luhan commanded with clam authority. “Go find Kai, this is my fault, kiddo.”

 

Ki-Kiddo? I thought he said… - I guess… Luhan still saw me as a little child who was unable to share his problems with him… Sehun could only bite his lower lip with guilty disappointment, the stubborn gaze of his weakening into softness. He was taking the blame for this, to make me feel better because of my childish immaturity that had landed us into this sticky situation. But Luhan hyung… this was just making me feel worse about it… aren’t I your equal?

 

The boy forced a defeated smile before slowly moving out of the kitchen.

“See you later… Luhan hyung, and … sorry.”

 

 Luhan could only sigh tiredly as Sehun left the kitchen in heavy steps that dragged on the florr. He could see the way the teenager’s shoulders had slumped down into a vulnerable slouch and not only so, his head was hung low with a dark aura of self-blame around him.

 

Making a mental note to speak with Sehun when he was more emotionally stable later, Luhan turned to face his daughter after taking a deep and calming breath. Now for the tricky and troublesome part of explaining his actions to the little girl; Luhan was hoping with all his might that Hyeri would not dislike or even hate him as a father after it. 

 

--

 

“Hyeri… Did you see what was Daddy doing just now?”

“Yes, I did.” She responded softly, tilting her head in curiosity.

 

“... It wasn’t what you think it was.”

 

“I know what that was!” Hyeri huffed her cheeks in protest. “You were kissing Sehunnie oppa, I know what is kissing, Daddy! But... it seems kind of really painful when you kissed Sehunnie oppa, he was making the noises I make when I hurt myself when falling down or something.”

 

Oh god Hyeri, you innocent little cutie, that was a moan of pleasure, not a groan of pain!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter