Issues

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Thirty-One

 

The next day.

 

“So who tops in the relationship?”

“Oh god, shut up Bacon. That’s none of your business.”

“It is my business as your most wonderful best friend, I’m obliged to know.”

 

“That’s what you think.” Sehun rolled his eyes for what he thought was the fourth time since the start of the hour long recess period. Like any regular day, Sehun was sitting with Baekhyun and having lunch together at a table. But for some unknown reason, Baekhyun was asking him questions that required a much more private place than the school cafeteria. “Being a best friend doesn’t mean that you have to know everything, there is something called personal space and privacy. And I’m sure that you don’t tell me everything about yourself either.”   

 

“You ungrateful unicorn! Dude, you so did not just roll your eyes at me, the mighty bacon!”

 

“… Seriously, stop referring to me as a unicorn.” Sehun rolled his eyes before blinking thoughtfully at the sight of Baekhyun scoffing like a diva, while noting his flawlessly manicured fingers as he adjusted his fringe. Stupid Bacon, why is he asking me so many questions about my life? Baekhyun had been repeatedly throwing questions to Sehun about being gay, so the first thought that went to the latter was; oh my god, is he gay - no… that’s just stereotyping about my own uality … but it couldn’t be, he would have told me. Taking a small preparatory breath, Sehun reached out to grab Baekhyun’s hand gently, causing the other boy to raise his eyebrow curiously.

 

“I’m going to ask you an important question, hyung.”

“Ask away then.” Baekhyun replied hesitantly, affected by Sehun’s change of demeanour.

“Are you really sure that you’re straight, Baekhyun?”

 

“… Oh no, Sehun-”

“Hyung, it’s okay, you can tell me.” Sehun assured soothingly.

“Pfft- just, oh my god-hahaha-” Baekhyun burst out laughing. “-Sehun, you-”

 

“Yah, this is really serious stuff hyung!” Sehun frowned unamusedly, his eyebrows furrowing together in a mix of worry and slight irritation; there he was showing genuine concern for his best friend’s possibly homogenous orientation but all Baekhyun could do was just laugh at the situation! Like who the could laugh about such a matter?

 

“This isn’t a joke Baekhyun, you had been asking me so many things about being gay, like just, everything okay. I’m getting some vibes that you might possibly be gay; you have perfectly style hair, a great fashion sense, ing manicured hands, pretty boy looks, I feel like I’m generalising but you are probably just as fab-”

 

“I meant to say 'no Sehun, you're wrong' earlier,” Baekhyun stated with a soft chuckle. “I like s.”

“...” Sehun stopped rambling, taking a look at the other male with wide eyes.

“-I look really stupid now don’t I?”

 

“Pretty much.” Baekhyun smiled at Sehun’s reddening cheeks, who was feeling embarrassed for jumping to the conclusion that his best friend was gay. But who could blame him for thinking like that? Baekhyun practically met all the requirements of the typical gay pretty boy, so Sehun naturally assumed that to be the case.

 

It also occurred to Baekhyun that Sehun was possibly glad to find someone else who could relate to him, who could fully understand what he was going through. And while it shouldn’t actually make Baekhyun feel sorry for something that wasn’t in his control, he did. “If it makes you feel any better Sehun, I would definitely date you if I liked guys. You would be the most prefect boyfriend I would have ever dated.”

 

“I wouldn’t date you even if you were the last guy on earth, hyung.”

“I take offense to that, is there something wrong with me? Aren’t I attractive enough for you?”

“You aren’t good enough.” Sehun teased playfully, sticking out his tongue at Baekhyun.

 

“I should hit your head for saying that.”

“My rainbow-coloured horn is going to stab you in the hand.”

“… I thought you disliked being related to a unicorn.”

 

“Not when I’m more fabulously colourful than you’ll ever be.”

“No, you aren’t!” Baekhyun gaped slightly in disbelief. “Bacon strips are way better than unicorns!”

 Sehun rolled his eyes for the fifth time; his best friend really was an idiot.

 

Baekhyun was an idiot who could always manage to brighten Sehun’s mood subtly.

 

Later in the afternoon.

 

On any routine weekday, Luhan would be woken up by an alarm clock at 6:00 am, when the sky was still dark. He would than move out of bed silently towards the bathroom, to wash himself before heading to the kitchen for breakfast. After that, he would gather his suitcase and papers, followed by going to his daughter’s bedroom to sneak a look at Hyeri’s sleeping form with a small smile. And then, Luhan would head for work in his car down the overly familiar road that he had been driving for the past five years.

 

At least, that used to be Luhan’s old routine as a teac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter