Getting the flu.....

Dance At Midnight

The next morning, Yunho reported to the station. He was wearied and tired. He didn't get much sleep from thinking too much after seeing Mindy and Micheal. He was the first one in. He sat down at his desk in the corner and open up a file to read. Then he placed the file down. It was too early for him to read anything.

Jaejoong walked into the station, surprised to see Yunho already there. "Wow, your early."

"I know. I couldn't sleep, so I just came here early."

Jaejoong sat across from Yunho. "So what's going on with you?"

"What do you mean? Nothing is wrong."

Jaejoong folded his arms. "Yeah right. But you don't have to tell me. It's okay."

Just then, Jiyong, Sunyye and Uee all walked in. "Hey," they all said to each other.

"Yunho, your early," Sunye said surprised.

"Yeah yeah..."

Jiyong sat down at his desk, which was across from Sunye's. "He probably ate too much candy he couldn't sleep."

Yunho frowned. He did eat too much candy that night. All the neighbors keep stocking candy into his and Kahi's pockets. He then noticed that Kahi wasn't in yet. "Where's the girl?"

"What girl?" Jaejoong asked.

"The girl that I work with," Yunho replied.

"Are you kidding? You work with her and you don't even know her name?" Jiyong asked.

"So? She more then likely probably doesn't even know mine."

They looked at Uee. She nodded her head to agree that he was right. "Where is she anyway?" Uee asked. Usually, Kahi is very on time.

"Maybe she's just running late today," Sunye said just as the phone rang.

Jaejoong went to pick it up. "Hello?"

"Hello? This is Kahi."

"Oh hi Kahi, this is Jaejoong."

"I just called in to tell you I can't make it to wo.. A-CHOO! Work. I kind of came down with the flu."

"Kahi, you don't sound well at all. Don't worry about it."

"Thanks Jaejoong. Tell everyone I'm sorry. Tell that guy not to screw up everything just because I'm not there."

Jaejoong laughed. They were right, she really didn't know Yunho's name either. "Okay Kahi, just get a good rest. Come in when your ready."

"Bye Jaejoong."

"Bye."

Jaejoong hung up the phone and walked out to where everyone else was. "Kahi has the flu."

"Ohhh..no.." Uee said. "Poor Kahi, she was probably out to late last night in the cold. Then she probably took a shower before she went to bed. She is always like that."

"She gets a flu just from being out in the cold?" Yunho asked.

"Well, she's pretty weak when it comes to coldness. And she has a habit of taking showers before she head to bed. She always get sick because of that."

"Wow, she's pretty weak."

"But she can sure kick your ..." Jiyong said. Everyone laughed as Yunho turned a dark shade of red.

"Shut up man. She can kick yours too."

"At least I'm not on her hate list."

"I'm leaving. Laugh all you want," Yunho said as he grabs his badge and left.

***Outside in the Market***

Yunho had clipped his badge into his shirt pocket. He walked around. It was weird all of a sudden without anyone yelling beside his ears. He looked up at a tall apartment complex. That's where that girl lives. He remembered when he walked her home last night. He smiled as he remembered her saying "Wow, your actually being a gentleman tonight."

Although they always bicker and argue, there's a certain charm to her. *Maybe I should pay her a visit... No. Why would I do that? She'll just yell at me for bothering her rest.* He kept walking until he saw a store. He quickly went into the shop.

A few moments later, Yunho was standing outside of Kahi's door. He rang the doorbell. He didn't know why he was being so nice, but he felt it was partially his fault for her being sick.

Kahi opened the door. She was in a light blue pajamas. She looked extremely puzzled at why he was there.

"Hi. I came to see how you were doing," Yunho said, trying to be as nice as he can.

"Why?" she asked as she signal for him to come in.

"Here," Yunho said as he place a box on the table.

Kahi looked at it and sat down. "Why are you being so nice?"

"Well, I felt kind of responsible for you being sick. I know you wanted to leave, but I wanted to take Micheal and Mindy home, so you were out in the cold for too long."

"It's not your fault."

"I mean, if I knew you were so weak, I wouldn't have kept you out."

"I'm not weak."

"Yes you are. Look at you...one night out in the cold and your already sick. How did you ever go trick-or-treating as a kid without getting sick?"

"I was fine as a kid. It's a cold season! It's normal for people getting sick."

"I know, but it's okay to be weak sometimes. I get sick too."

"Just because I get sick, that doesn't mean that I'm weak." Kahi basically screaming now.

"Don't get so offended! I was just saying. Girls tend to be weaker then guys. They get sick more often," Yunho said, not realizing what he was saying would offend a girl.

"WHAT? Are you here to comfort me or make me mad? Who said girls are weaker then guys? I'm a girl and I could still kick your ."

"Hey, that's a different story. I wasn't ready at the time."

"Oh whatever. I don't want to talk anymore. Get out....your making me mad..." Kahi said scooting him out the door.

"I don't know what's wrong with you...You get mad even when I'm being nice." Yunho said getting frustrated.

"UUUUGHHHHHH!!!!" Kahi screamed as she shut the door. *I can't believe that guy!!*

Standing outside the door, Yunho starts to walk away. "I'll never try to be nice to that girl. It's just impossible."

Inside the apartment, Kahi sat down in the couch again. Trying her best to calm down. She then notice the small box on the table. Puzzled, she opened it. Inside was about 4 egg custards. Kahi smiled. Every since she bump into him, she hasn't been able to buy these. *I can't believe he bought these for me.*

***Later at the office***

Uee was inside the lounge getting some coffee just as Jaejoong walked in.

"Hi Uee."

"Oh, hi Jaejoong."

"How's things going with the case?" Jaejoong asked as he pour himself a cup of coffee.

"Not well. We can't seem to trace any information on where Kang ho could be. Things are getting a little impatient. Someone will have to go undercover to see where they can buy drugs from him. That way, we would have a clue to where he is."

Jaejoong nodded. "That sounds like a good plan. Extend it a little more and then bring it to me."

Uee smiled. "Okay. I will."

"Well, I'll see you later."

"Okay. Bye."

"Oh Uee!"

Uee turned and looked at Jaejoong. "Yeah?"

"How about lunch with me tomorrow?"

Uee thought about it. "Okay, I'm free."

"Great. See you then."

"Bye."

Jaejoong walked out and left Uee standing there smiling. *Why am I smiling so much?*