Kiwis

Dance At Midnight

 

Late that night, after everyone was assured that Yunho was okay, Jaejoong droved Uee home. They stood outside of the apartment door, lingering for a few moments longer.

"That was really scary back there," Jaejoong said.

Uee was still in a silent mood. For a moment, she felt like she really was about to lose someone right before her eyes. "It really makes you think about life more and everything else in it. I don't think I've ever been so scared before."

Jaejoong put his arms around her and wrapped her into a hug. Although they have been dating for a while now, they have never really been very close. As he realizes how quick life could past him by, he didn't want to lose the feeling of holding Uee beside him. "Uee, I don't think I can lose you."

Uee smiled as she held on to Jaejoong tighter. "I know what you mean. After all this, you realize how short life can be."

Jaejoong loosen his grip on Uee and looked down at her face. She was beautiful, even with the messy hair, no make-up look. He tilted her chin up with his hands and slowly leaned down to kiss her. After their lips touch, he whispered, "Be my girlfriend....."

Uee smiled as she felt his breath on her lips and she nodded a yes. He then leaned down again and they kissed a soft passionate kiss.

***Inside the Apartment***

Sunye was looking through the peephole of the door. She heard voices so she came to check it out. She had left the hospital early to finish a report.

As Sunye saw the couple kiss, a sad and heart-breaking feeling came over her as a tear rolls down her cheeks. She stopped looking and turned and leaned her back on the door. She rubbed her face slowly with her hands and wiped away the tears. *It's only a guy* she thought. But she couldn't control the flood of tears streaming down her face.

She heard the sound of keys and ran into her room while wiping away the tears. She got into bed and pulled the cover over her face.

Uee opened the door slowly to Sunye's room to find the room dark and Sunye sleeping. She smiled at the tired Sunye and whispered, "Sweet dreams, Sunye," before she closed the door and headed to her own room.

Sunye got out from under the cover and got her journal out of her bedside table. She slowly opened it and began to write.....

***The Next Morning***

Kahi walked into the hospital and headed towards Yunho's room. In her hands were some flowers and a fruit basket full of oranges and apples.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Come in," said the voice from inside.

Kahi opened the door and walked in. There she saw Yunho smiling widely as he laid in his hospital bed. She smiled at him. "Good Morning."

"Good Morning," Yunho said.

"I came to visit," Kahi said. She placed the fruit basket and flowers on the table.

Yunho looked at the flowers and frowned. "You REALLY didn't need to bring me flowers."

Kahi looked at the flowers. "I thought that they were pretty."

"Yeah, you think it's pretty. I'm a guy."

Kahi frowned. "Well, it's the thought that counts."

Yunho noticed the frown on her face and felt. "Sorry. Thanks for them, but I just don't want you to waste your money on flowers."

Kahi smiled. "Not just flowers, but I bought you a fruit basket."

Yunho looked at Kahi in the face and smiled. She was really pretty now that he has gotten to know the nice side of her. He always thought she was pretty, but he always thought she was a horrible person. "You know what?"

Kahi was busy opening the fruit basket. "What?"

"I don't think we've met."

That sure caught Kahi's attention. She looked up at him with a confused look on her face. But then she realized what he meant. All this time of knowing each other, they have done nothing but criticize and beat each other up. Yunho doing the criticizing and Kahi doing the beating. And all this time, they both didn't know each other's name. (Yes, they were both THAT oblivious!) Kahi smiled. "Oh?"

"Let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm Jung Yunho," he said as he held out his hands.

Kahi took his hands and shooked it. "I'm Park Kahi. Nice to meet you."

"Let me tell you a little something about myself. I am 25 years old. I am a really good police officer. In fact, I just saved a girl from a bullet not so long ago," Yunho said in a joking tone.

"Oh? Well, lucky girl. I am 24 years old and I work as a secret service for the United States government, here to help out the FBI in a case that involves the US right now."

Hearing about the US, Yunho remembers that Kahi and Uee are both from the US, here to do the Kang ho case. "Now that you finished the case, what are you going to do?" Yunho asked, now back in a more serious tone.

Kahi looked out the window for a moment. "I'm probably heading back to the states pretty soon. But Uee, I don't know. Now that she found Jaejoong, I don't know what she is going to do."

A bit disappointed that Kahi was really going back to the states. He finally got to know more about this girl, and he liked what he knows so far, but only for her to go away again. "Would you stay if Uee stays?"

Kahi thought for a moment, then shooked her head. "No, me and Uee are best friends. But we live separate lives. I can't stay here for her and Jaejoong. I wouldn't have a reason to. And my job is really important to me, I wouldn't trade it for the world."

"Oh...." was all Yunho said.

Kahi smiled and got up again. "Want some fruits? I got apples, oranges, and bananas."

Yunho looked at the fruit basket. "Sure, but next time.... I want kiwis."

Kahi looked at him and he smiled. She threw an apple at him and laugh. She picked up the fruit basket and headed towards the bathroom, "If their is a next time."