Friendship

Dance At Midnight

***The Next Day***

Uee got up early that morning. She left the house and took a taxi over to Kahi's.

DING DONG

The door opened and there stood TOP in his suit.

"Uee, what are you doing here so early?" TOP asked.

"I just wanted to talk to Kahi, but I didn't tell her I wanted to meet her, so I just came here myself."

"Well come in. She's getting ready in her room."

Uee walked into the apartment and TOP closed the door.

"Do you want any coffee?" TOP asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yes please. 2 sugar and 3 cream."

"Got it," TOP said from the kitchen.

"TOP, how does it feel living with someone you used to love?" Uee asked him.

TOP poked his head out from the kitchen window and looked at Uee in surprise. "Wow, I wasn't expecting that question."

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked that. You don't have to answer."

TOP brought out the coffee and put in on the table in front of Uee. He looked at her nervous face. He laughed. "It's okay to ask that," he paused. "Well, it's pretty normal. I mean, sometimes I look at her and still wonder what would have happen if we had continue to stay together, but then I remember that we are only friends."

"Do you ever wish you were with her?"

TOP looked down at the floor. "Sometimes. I mean, you never really stop loving someone. Especially when the break up wasn't what you wanted, but just had to happen."

"Why did you two break up?"

"Long Distance."

"Oh." Uee looked down. TOP was a really nice and successful guy. It's a shame that Kahi can't be with him, or that she ever broke up with him. "Why don't you try to be with her again?"

TOP had a thoughtful look on his face. "I guess because I know that it will end up the same way. Right now, she's a really good friend to me and I don't want to ruin it with a relationship that won't work. She will eventually return to the United States and it will be the same story all over again."

"Maybe she'll stay."

TOP laughed and shooked his head. "No, she won't. I know her too well. She's in love with her job and she is the type that believe that her job is the most important thing. She's like me. Work always come before love to us. I guess that is what makes us such good friends."

Uee was quiet.TOP was right. Kahi was like that.

TOP looked at Ue. e"What's with all the question?"

Uee smiled. "Nothing, just wondering how you cope living with someone you used to love, and not be able to have her."

"Uee!"

Uee turned around to see Kahi standing at the doorway of her room.

"What are you doing here?" Kahi asked as she walked toward them.

"I came to take you out to breakfast."

"Again? This is like the 3rd time we went out to breakfast this week."

"I know, but this time, dim sum."

Kahi smiled. "Yum, I love dim sum. Okay, let me go get my stuff and I'll be right out." Kahi looked at TOP leaned down and gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek. "Morning TOP."

"Morning," TOP said as Kahi ran back into her room.

Uee was amazed at Kahi and TOP's relationship. They are best friends. "I wish I had something like you two."

TOP knew something was up with Uee, but decided that it wasn't his place to ask. He'll let Kahi do all the nosy parts. "Maybe you do, you just don't know it since you are in it."

Uee shooked her head. "I don't. Trust me, I would know."

Kahi came out of her room once and again. "Okay, I'm ready." Kahi looked at TOP. "TOP, you are going to be late if you don't get out of here now!"

TOP got up and looked at his watch. "Oh your right! Bye guys!" He gave Kahi a kiss and grabbed his suitcase and left.

Uee stared at the door. "Maybe you should give you two a second chance."

Kahi looked at Uee. "Me and TOP?"

Uee nodded.

"Uee, I'm heading back to the states in two weeks. How is that going to work?"

"Sometimes, sacrificing something for love is worth it."

"Not now. Not at this moment in time. Love is the last thing on both of our minds right now. And beside, TOP is now my best friend. Not my love interest," Kahi said as she closed the door behind her and locked it.

"I think you two are completely cute together," Uee teased.

"You know? I used to think that one day we'll get married. That was when we were teenagers. I really thought that no matter what happens we're gonna grow up and meet again, then fall in love all over again and get married. But only to find out reality hits and that doesn't happen in real life."

"Maybe.... it could happen."

Kahi laughed. "MAYBE NOT!"

"Oh that's right, it's because you and Yunho are together."

"WHAT? You must be joking right?" Kahi asked laughing.

"No, I'm serious. You really should think about it."

Kahi laughed. "Okay sure..."

Uee shrugged. "Hey, I tried."

"What about you?"

Uee's face saddened. But she smiled. "I'm going back with you."

"Why? What about Jaejoong?"

Uee tried holding back her tears. "Well, I believe that my job at this moment in my life is the most important thing, and therefore, don't want to give it up for something that barely started."

"That's bull. You are the type to let love go first."

Kahi knew too much about Uee. Uee couldn't fool Kahi if her life depended on it. "Your right, it's bull. But one day, you'll know why. I don't want to talk about it right now."

Kahi knew well enough to leave Uee alone. She knows that Uee will tell her when she wants to. Kahi nodded and started to push Uee out of the complex. Trying to change to a happier topic, Kahi smiled. "Okay, come on. Dim Sum is waiting for us."

Uee couldn't help but laugh. "Your a pig."

"And your paying..."