Dance With Me At Midnight

Dance At Midnight

Yunho woke up the next morning slowly. He opened his eyes just to see sunlight streaming in through his window. He had asked for the day off today since he had alot to do. He turned over on his side and looked at a picture of Kahi. It was the only picture he had. He smiled a little.

He jumped out of bed and went into the bathroom. A minute later, the doorbell rang.

Ding Dong

Yunho walked over and opened the door to see an expressman standing at the doorway.

"Hi, I have a delivery here for Mr. Jung Yunho," the man said.

"That's me."

"Would you sign here please."

Yunho signed the paper and the expressmen gave him the package and left. The package was from the US. It was from Kahi...

Yunho sighed. He was glad that Kahi really did have a gift for him, but it wasn't the gift he wanted. He had put all his hope into maybe the gift would be her. That she had chosen to come back to him, on this day. The day they had first met two years back.

Yunho quickly opened the package and inside was a little teddy bear. In it's paws was a heart that said Happy Birthday. On the bottom of the package was a card. Yunho tore it open and read it.

It said:
Dear Yunho,
I didn't know what to get you so I thought this bear was really cute. I was going to get you this video that teaches you how to defend oneself. I thought it would be perfect for you since I kicked your the first time we met. Rememeber that? You should learn to fight so that no other girl could beat you up other then me. Well, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and hopefully, we'll see each other soon.

Love, Kahi

Yunho closed the card and smile. This bear made his day. But then he remembered he had something else to do. And he knew that maybe he's just putting himself up for dissappointment, he was willing to give it a shot.

He went back into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Sunye and Uee were out later that day picking out wedding dresses.

Uee, this one is beautiful. But it probably looks better on you... what do you think?" Sunye asked.

Uee looked at it. "Yeah, it does look nice. But this one looks better..."

"What colors do you think the bridesmaid's dresses should be?" Sunye asked as she moved on to the other dresses.

"I was thinking baby blue or a lavender purple."

"Sounds pretty," Sunye said as she tried to imagine those colors with the image of the wedding in her head.

Just then, the guys walked in. "Hey," they said to their wives-to-be.

"Hey," the girls said.

"Have any of you heard from Yunho?" Jiyong asked.

"Nope, why?" Uee asked.

"Nothing, we wanted to ask him to come with us, but he had asked for the day off and we dont' know where he went."

Sunye and Uee looked at each other. "I don't know...."

**********************************************************************************************************************

"So why didn't you tell the others that you were back?" TOP asked as he silently walked down the side of the beach with Kahi.

Kahi looked at TOP as the sun glared in her eyes. "I wanted to give them a big surprise, especially Yunho."

"I would think you would want to go visit them the first minute you get here."

Kahi shooked her head. "Being on the airplane really drives me crazy. I needed the air."

Kahi stopped and looked out into the ocean. "Look TOP, the sun is setting..."

TOP looked with Kahi. "Yeah..." He then noticed something floating a few feet away in the water. "What's that?"

Kahi looked in the direction that TOP was pointing at. "Probably trash..." then Kahi remembered something. She pulled up her pants and walked into the water.

"Kahi, what are you doing?"

"Hold on...." Kahi walked towards the thing and grabbed it.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Yunho sat down at the beach, looking at the stars and drinking his hot chocolate. He's been down here all day. He looked at his watch. It was 11:55 pm.

He knew that he was a fool for sitting down at this lonely side of the beach was foolish. But he was a fool, so he did it anyway.

"Waiting for someone?"

Yunho recognized that voice. It couldn't be... he didn't want to turn around and get let his hopes down. But he turned anyways. And there in front of him stood Kahi.

"Kahi.... your really here..." Yunho said in disbelief. "How?"

"What do you mean how?"

"I mean, your in the United States right now. And the only way you could know to come here was..."

Kahi smiled and raise her hands. She was holding a bottle, with a letter inside of it.

"How?"

"I came back today, and didn't tell anyone as a surprise. Me and TOP walking along the beach when I saw this and picked it up. I read the letter, and came. My Yunho, your the one that started all this letter in a bottle stuff and you yourself don't think it works."

Yunho was still in shocked. Two years ago, he had wrote a letter to Kahi and put it in a bottle and threw it in the ocean like he said he would. But never had he thought she would actually find it. "I haven't seen that bottle for two years, can I read it?"

Kahi gave Yunho the bottle and Yunho took the letter out and read it.

The Letter said:

Kahi,
I know you'll probably never find this but it's worth a try. You have left for the United States already and I'm here, alone. If you ever find this, I want you to meet me at the secluded beach on the day we first met. If I don't see you that day next year, then I'll be waiting the next year. And the next.

Love,
Yunho

"I didn't think you would actually wait," Kahi said silently as she walked slowly toward Yunho.

"I did, last year and this. But I just still can't believe you found it."

"You waited for me?"

Yunho nodded. "You owe me a dance.... at midnight."

"Really? How come I never knew..."

Yunho looked at his watch just as it 12. Yunho put his arms around Kahi and whispered... "Dance with me at midnight..."

Kahi stopped talking and slowly rested her head on his shoulders. This was just perfect for her first day back in Hong Kong.