Last Chance

Dance At Midnight

The next day, Yunho came to Kahi's house early in the morning.

"Yunho, what are you doing here? Come in," TOP said after he opened the door.

Yunho walked in to find Kahi sitting at her dining room table, eating breakfast. Yunho walked over and sat down beside her, just as TOP sat across from her where his plate was.

"Yunho, you want some food?" TOP asked.

Yunho smiled and shook his head no. "This is a big breakfast for just the two of you."

"This is my good-bye breakfast. TOP is leaving tonight to Taiwan on some trip and leaving me here to go to the airport by myself. So he made me breakfast today since he couldn't tomorrow," Kahi said as she enjoyed her food.

"Hey, you would have him, Uee, Jaejoong and all them seeing you off. What are you complaining about?" TOP said as he looked at his watch. "Oh, time for me to run. Let me guess, you guys are going to spend the day together?"

Kahi looked at Yunho and shrugged. "I don't know. What are you here for Yunho?"

"I came to hang out with you one last day before you leave. If you want, we can spend the day together," Yunho said quietly. He always felt awkward with TOP around.

Kahi had a big smile on her face. "Really? Sounds good to me."

TOP smiled. "Okay, then I might see you later when I come home to get my stuff. But if I don't, I'll see you in two weeks in the US." TOP leaned over and gave Kahi a kiss on the cheek and turned to get his suitcase.

Yunho got up suddenly. "Wait, your going to the states?"

TOP stopped. "In two weeks yeah."

"Why?"

"To visit Kahi and her parents."

"Oh."

TOP smiled, waved and ran out the door.

Yunho sat back down quietly. He noticed Kahi looking at him oddly and he gave her a smile.

"Let me finish this real quick and we can go out."

Yunho nodded. "Where is TOP staying when he goes to the US?"

"My house."

"Oh."

Kahi looked at Yunho. "Why? Jealous?"

"No...."

After last night, it was undeniable the feelings they had for each other. They both knew how the others felt, but Yunho was too chicken to say it out loud, and Kahi didn't want to know the truth. She didn't want to have to leave knowing that she said no to him.

"Where are we going?" Kahi asked.

Yunho shrugged. "I'll leave it up to you. Today, I'm just your chauffuer."

Kahi smiled. "I'll go get my stuff."

**********************************************************************************************************************

Yunho and Kahi stepped out of the movie theater later that afternoon.

"I can't believe we sat through two whole movies, in a row," Yunho whined. "And they were sappy love ones."

Kahi lightly hit Chilam in the arm. "Stop complaining." Her face lit up once again, and Yunho knew that she had something else in mind to do.

He looked over to where she was looking and there was a stand of kites. "You want to fly kites?"

Kahi nodded her head excitedly. Yunho smiled as he saw the childish side of her come out. "Okay."

Yunho bought two hugh kites and they headed up the the park that he knew had many hills.

***An Hour Later***

Kahi laid down on the grass next to Yunho and closed her eyes. "Sometimes I wish I was a kite and just fly. Far away."

"To where?"

"Somewhere where I can be by myself for just a day. Just to get out of reality."

"The way I get out of reality is to fantasize. And in that fantasy, I could do so many things. But when I come back to reality, I don't know why, but I just can't get myself to doing them."

"Like what?"

"Like telling this girl how I feel," Yunho said quietly as he looked over at Kahi.

"Oh."

"Maybe if I do, then maybe she'll stay," Yunho said, hoping Kahi will take the hint.

Kahi smiled and got up. "I'm hungry, let's go eat dinner."

Yunho sighed and got up, and walked alongside Kahi to the car.

**********************************************************************************************************************

The next morning, Uee and Jaejoong walked hand in hand, following close behind Sunye and Jiyong. They were all walking Kahi to the airport.

"Flight 192 will be boarding in 15 minutes," The speaker said.

Kahi looked around. "Where is Yunho?"

Jaejoong and Jiyong shrugged.

Uee and Sunye pulled Kahi aside. "Your really not going to stay?" Uee asked.

Kahi smiled. "Uee, you know me. I have a job."

"But you can be like me, just take a job here."

Kahi shooked her head. "I don't want to."

"But we know you want to stay her with Yunho," Sunye said. "Kahi, you might regret this."

"I might. But sometimes, I won't know I made a mistake, until I make it. There's always a next time."

A rushing Yunho ran up to Jaejoong and Jiyong, breathing hard and trying to hold his breath. "Where's Kahi?"

Jaejoong pointed to her. "It's your last chance man."

Kahi turned and smiled as she saw Yunho. "You made it."

Yunho came up to her. Uee and Sunye walked back to Jiyong and Jaejoong so they two can talk.

"Sorry I'm late."

Kahi smiled. "It's okay."

"You know the girl I told you about. The girl I wish I could tell my feelings to? Well, I decided to do it. If I don't, she might leave me. This is my last time asking. Kahi, please stay. For me. Give me a chance."

"I would give you a chance, but I can't stay. Yunho, I'll come back."

"Then I'll wait," Yunho said. He took his hands from behind his back. In his two hands was a while box and the other a fruit basket. "I bought you some egg custards for the one that I broke. And some strawberries and mangos. There wasn't a fruit basket that came with those two fruits, so I made one myself."

Kahi smiled as tears formed in her eyes. "Thank you."

"I know you eat alot so this is for the plane trip. It'll be a long trip all the way back there."

Kahi took the basket and box as Yunho leaned in and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. Then he whispered in her ears, "Remember to look for a message in a bottle."

Kahi nodded her head as she turned and walked in the gate, leaving Yunho, Uee, Sunye, Jaejoong and Jiyong staying behind.