A Dedication

Dance At Midnight

 

Kahi woke up in her new bed to the smell of bacon and eggs. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at the light blue wall. She looked to her left at her bedstand. There sat a framed picture of her and TOP in highschool. She picked it up. She smiled. Her and TOP had dated in highschool and that was when this picture was taken. He had his arms wrap around her shoulder and she held on to his hands. He had his head rested on her one of her shoulder. They both looked so happy, until she moved away. But they remain close friends. A light knock on the door interrupted Kahi's thought.

"Come in." She said.

TOP's head popped through the doorway. "Breakfast's ready."

"Okay, I'll be right out."

"Okay." TOP closed the door behind him.

Kahi got out of bed and went into her own private bathroom. He had already gotten her a new toothbrush, toothpaste, towels, shampoo and conditioner. Everything was neat and in place. There was even fresh flowers. *TOP is a really decent guy.*

After Kahi was all done and ready, she went out to the dining room to find TOP drinking orange juice and reading a newspaper. TOP looked up at her. "You look nice."

Kahi down at herself. "Are you kidding?" She was in black boots and dark jean flares. She had a light pink tank top on. Her usual outfit.

TOP nodded as he took another sip. "No, you really look nice."

Kahi smiled. TOP was always there to give her a nice compliment. "Thanks." She sat down across from him at the table and begin eating her breakfast. It had bacons, sausage, eggs and hashbrown. Her favorite. "Did you make this just for me?"

TOP pulled the newspaper down to where he could look at her face. "Well, I figured since this is your first breakfast with me in a while, you could have something special."

Kahi smile as she took a bite of bacon. "You still remember."

"Of course I remember. I remember everything."

Kahi put down her fork and looked at TOP.

TOP looked around. "What?"

"You've changed."

TOP laugh. "Why do you say that?"

"Well, your so considerate, and clean, and look at this apartment. It's beautiful. I would have thought you had a wife or something."

TOP laugh some more. "Well, it's been 10 years since you last saw me. And 10 years does alot to a person. I've grown up. Not that highschool boy you use to know. Not to mention I'm a lawyer. I have learned alot about life."

Kahi smiled. "My friend finally grew up."

TOP laugh. "You changed quite a bit yourself."

"Why do you say that?"

"You just seem to have alot more secrets in you now. Your more mature. And your alot neater then you use to be. I remembered when you always had your hair a mess. You wore sneakers all the time. But now your fashionable but still very casual. More girly."

Kahi threw her napkin at him. "So are you saying I wasn't girly before?"

"I didn't mean it that way. Just you were a bit tomboyish before."

"It's okay. I'm not offended." She began eating again. "So what's in the newspaper?"

"Well, here's something to spark your interest. The police are starting to investigate the drug dealings. So you need to be careful with them. They might get in the way of things."

"I hate polices. They are ALWAYS in the way."

TOP laughed to himself. *Kahi will never change that part about her.*

***At Sunye's House***

Sunye sat down at the table with her glass of milk. "So where are you heading to today?"

Uee looked up from the papers that she was reading. "Just to find Kahi. We have to get to our business."

Sunye nodded. "I have to get the station. I took a day off yesterday, so I'm probably behind."

Uee nodded, still reading her paper.

Sunye noticed that Uee wasn't really paying any attention to her. "What are you reading?"

Uee shooked her head as she kept her eyes glue to the paper, eating her toast. "Nothing much. Just something with the police investigating on drugs."

"OH. Does it say what station?"

Uee nodded. "Something about Station on Four Springs corner.."

Sunye suddenly jumped up. "That's my station. Who's in charge?"

Uee kept reading. "Um...Kwon Jiyong and Jung Yunho."

Sunye sat back down. "Oh. They would never pick me to be behind them."

Uee looked up. "What do you mean?"

"Well, every leader of a project gets to pick a few people who can follow them and do the project with them. Those two are just obnoxious guys who thinks their better then everyone and won't give me a chance because I'm still a new recruit."

"Then why don't you tell them to give you a spot?"

"I can't. They choose who they think can do the job."

"Then prove to them that you can."

"Uee I'm not like you."

Uee sighed. She didn't know what else to say. "You'll get the chance one day. Just prove to them you can do it."

Sunye smiled. "I know I can. It just take some time."

Uee smiled. Glad to see that her sister had matured and was thinking on the positive side. "Well, I got to run."

Sunye looked at the clock. "OH yeah, I have to go too. Well, I guess I'll see you tonight."

***At the Station***

Sunye walked into the station.

"Sunye!" Yunho called from his little corner.

"Hey. What did I miss?"

"Nothing. Just Jiyong. Get it?" He started laughing at himself.

Sunye rolled her eyes. They were constantly making fun of her and Jiyong because they argued everytime they saw each other. She can't stand lazy, smart-mouth, good-for-nothing who think their better then everyone type of guy like Jiyong.

"You know Yunho... Your getting worse and worse as the days go by.."Nana said.

Yunho then shut himself up. Okay, so he admits it. His jokes are a bit lame. He usually isn't like this. He's more serious. But ever since he and his girlfriend had broke up, it seems like the only thing that kept him from thinking about her was his jokes. At least he can laugh at himself.

Jiyong walked into the room with Jaejoong. "Hey everyone," they said.

"Hey.." everyone said.

"Well, we decided who's doing this assignment with us. It will be Nana and Seungri," Jiyong said.

Sunye frowned. She knew she wouldn't be one of them. But still, she still hope that one of these two would be reasonable and give her a chance.

Jaejoong saw Sunye frown, and he walked over to her. "Don't worry. You'll get your chance soon."

"Not if these two keep being in charge of all the assignments."

"You'll get your chance." Jaejoong pat her in the back and left. Jaejoong was always there to support her. Although he seem cold and quiet, he was alot more decent of a guy than Yunho and Jiyong. Yunho was always cracking lame jokes and acting weird. If not that, then he's cold and quiet, not wanting anyone to bother him. He has more mood swings then girls with their pms. While Jiyong was always lazy and bossing people around. Boys, their all jerks.

"Okay, everyone in the project, to the "little room"." The little room was a small room where the assigned groups would go and discuss what's going on and what new informations they found.

As everyone left, Sunye sat there. *This is going to be a long day.*

***Later that night***

Kahi tooked in the sight that she has not seen of Hong Kong in the past 10 years as TOP drove.

"Where are you taking me?" Kahi asked. The place seemed familiar but she couldn't quite remember.

TOP smiled. "You'll find out."

Kahi was excited. She likes surprises. Finally, TOP parked at a little restaurant by a bay. She remembers this restaurant. It was her favorite seafood restaurant when she lived her. Her parents took her and TOP here once and she and TOP got matching crab shirts. "TOP! You remembered!"

"There's more inside."

They walked inside and everything was the same. But as Kahi looked out on the beach, she saw Uee and Sunye already standing there. They walked out where they were. "What are you two doing here?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

Kahi looked around stunned. It was her birthday. She had completely forgotten about it. "I can't believe I forgot my own birthday."

Uee laughed and place a birthday hat on Kahi's head. "I know. You forget every year. And I knew that you would forget this year, so me and TOP planned this out for you. Just a little surprise."

Kahi was confused. "How?"

"Well, I remembered you telling me once about you staying with him when you get over here. And so I found his email address and emailed him. And he planned all this out."

Kahi laughed. "You guys are amazing." She gave everyone hugs. "Thanks for coming Sunye."

"No prob. Thanks for inviting me."

Everyone gathered around the table that was set outside of the restaurant and ate. Then it was her turn to cut the cake. Candles were placed neatly on the two layer cake. It had baby blue and baby pink. She blew out her candles, and the first thing that came to her head was something that she never thought of before. *I wish I fall in love soon...*