New Feelings

Dance At Midnight

Sunye was walking down the market place, smiling to herself. This is it. Her first real case, and she was the star. It was time for her to prove to everyone that she can make it. She's just as good of a officer as the next person.

She happily greeted all of her neighbors that worked in the market place. Lately, she's been so upset about the whole Jaejoong and Uee situation that she couldn't smile. But finally, the smile returned to her face.

As she stopped to talk to an old lady that sold her favorite desserts, she noticed Jaejoong across the street from her. "I'll be right back," she told the lady and ran across the street to catch up with Jaejoong. "JAEJOONG!"

Jaejoong turned and saw Sunye. He wasn't in the mood to talk to her right now. He continued to walk.

Sunye ran after him, but he was walking awfully fast. Sunye caught up to him, but had to walk fast to keep up. "Jaejoong, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Jaejoong, tell me."

"I said nothing. Why don't you go ask your sister."

Sunye stopped. "Uee?" She looked up and began to run after him again. "Jaejoong wait."

Jaejoong finally stopped. "Uee is going back to the United States. She's not willing to stay here with me. Is that what you wanted to hear? Look, I'm sorry but I'm just not in the mood to talk about this right now okay?"

Sunye looked at him. She has never seen him so upset before. "Okay."

Jaejoong turned and continued walking with Sunye staring after him. "So Uee is going to the states. Why? I thought she decided to stay here for him."

***Later, At Uee's house***

Sunye walked into the apartment to find Uee sitting on the couch, staring at a blank tv screen. Sunye came over and sat down beside Uee. Uee looked at Sunye and smiled.

"I heard you got your first major job. Congratulations."

Sunye smiled. "Thanks."

There was silence between both of the sister.

"Uee?"

Uee looked at Sunye. "Yeah?"

"I heard your going back..."

Uee nodded.

"Why?"

Uee shrugged. She didn't know if she should tell Sunye or not. "I guess my job is more important to me right now."

Sunye knew that was a lie. Why would she all of a sudden change her mind like that? "Uee, tell me the truth."

Uee looked at Sunye with tears forming in her eyes. "Sunye, sometimes a sister have to give up something so that her sister could be happy. That's what I'm doing."

"What do you mean Uee?"

"Sunye, I read your journal the other day...."

Sunye looked at Uee in bewilderment. "You what?!"

"I know I shouldn't have... but I did.... and I realized that I..."

"No Uee, you realized nothing..." she said as she stole up.

"Sunye, YOU LIKEJAEJOONG! And I stole him away..." tears were now flowing down Uee's cheek.

"So what if I like him? It doesn't mean anything. He doesn't like me back, and that's what means something," Sunye said as she sat back down slowly. "Uee, you going to the United States wouldn't change a thing. It wouldn't make Jaejoong likes me."

"I can't stay..."

"Uee, I want you to. I may be upset at whatever you have read in the journal. But I know when to be reasonable. No matter whether you were here or not, Jaejoong wouldn't have like me anyways."

"I just feel like I'm betraying you..."

"Your not."

Uee looked at the floor. "Let me think about it." Uee got up and walked into her room.

Sunye looked at the blank tv. "I feel like I'm in a drama series."

***Yunho and Kahi***

"Wow, so many people are here to pick me up, huh?" Yunho said sarcastically for only Kahi was there.

Kahi smiled. "They all have jobs you know. I'm the only one without anything better to do."

"Oh thanks alot. That means alot to me," Yunho said jokingly.

Yunho and Kahi got in a taxi together.

"Let's go down to the beach," Yunho said.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just want to."

"Okay," Kahi said.

As Kahi and Yunho walked on the beach later, Yunho stopped and sat down near the water. Kahi sat beside him.

"When you go back to the states, I'm going to send a letter in a bottle to you,"Yunho said.

Kahi looked at him in a weird way. "Why would you do that?"

"Haven't you seen those romantic movies where lovers sent letters to each other in a bottle and throws it in the sea? Then by fate, their companion actually finds it."

Kahi laughed. "Yeah, but it's only romantic if we were actually... let me see... lovers."

Yunho scratched his head. "Oh yeah."

Kahi smiled. "But you have a very creative imagination."

"Thanks. I just watch too many movies."

"I noticed. And there are some things called emails."

"I know, but... oh your not romantic at all," Yunho said, feeling a little sheepish for even saying what he said about the bottle.

Kahi laughed. "You can do it with your girlfriend."

"I dont have a girlfriend. And it doesn't work unless she lives across the ocean from me."

"Well, even if you do it, how will you know that it'll be me that gets it. Or if it even reaches my side of the world?"

Yunho couldn't believe it. Kahi was missing the whole romantic fate part of it. "BY FATE!! BY Fate the lovers could find each other's message. Ugh Kahi, I don't know what to do with you. You have too much of a logical mind, not a imaginative one like me."

"Oh that's right," Kahi said. Yunho was like a little kid to her. You never know when he's going to get hurt, trying something new. He was way too spontaneous.

"So Kahi, do YOU have a boyfriend?" Yunho asked quietly.

Kahi shooked her head.

"Why not?"

Kahi shrugged. "No guys would like me." Kahi smiled.

"Yeah right."

"Why? Do you think someone likes me?"

Yunho shrugged. "I don't know. But I know, someone somewhere likes you. You just have to find him and make him realize he doesn."

Kahi think I'm weird don't you?"

Kahi tried to hold back her laugh and shook her head no.

"Yeah you do." Yunho said with a little smirk as he leaned over and tickle Kahi.

"STOPPPP!!!" Kahi laughed uncontrollably as she rolled all over the sand, trying to get away from Yunho.

Finally they both stopped and calm down. They both were breathing hard from laughing. "I'm just a romantic, unlike you," Yunho said finally.

Kahi looked out into the ocean. No, she could be romantic too. Just romantic thoughts like messages in bottles and that sappy prase that Yunho said was not something that she thinks about often.