Officer's Ball

Dance At Midnight

Sunye walked into her apartment after work that night. Everyone was let out early so that they could get ready for the officer's ball. She looked around and found Uee's room full of light.

She tap lightly on the doors.

"Come in," Uee's voice said.

Sunye poked her head int the doorway and smiled. "Hi Uee."

Uee was standing at her desk, putting clothes into her luggage bag.

"Packing up already?" sunye asked.

"Yeah, I'm just getting an early start. I mean, I'm leaving the day after next."

Sunye came in and sat down at the desk. "There's no way you would stay?"

Uee sighed. "I would, but he hasn't asked me to stay, so what am I staying for?"

"Jaejoong wants you to stay."

"Then he should tell me."

"Uee, I'm sorry. It's all my fault."

Uee smiled and stopped folding her clothes for a minute. "It's not your fault. I feel better knowing then never knowing how you feel."

"So you going to the officer's ball tonight?"

Uee nodded. "Kahi is suppose to come over later and get ready with me."

"Guess who I'm going with..."

Uee looked at Sunye. "Who?"

Sunye blushed. "Jiyong."

"Jiyong??? When did you two come to good terms with each other?"

"We were always on good terms. Just argued a lot. But after working with him this past few days, I realized how much he cares for me. And I need that from someone. I need to feel cared for. He gives that to me. Not to mention, he's like my best friend. That's when I realized that maybe I like him more then friends."

Uee was stunned. "You move on quick."

"No, I think I stopped liking Jaejoong way before. It's just I wouldn't let myself realize that until I knew that I couldn't have him."

"That's good that your over him now."

"Yeah. Now I just don't know how Jiyong feels."

"Let him know how you feel before it's too late," Uee said.

Sunye smiled. "I will."

DING DONG

"That's probably Kahi," Uee said as she and Sunye walked out to open the door.

"Hey guys!" Kahi popped into the apartment after Uee opened it.

"Hey!" Sunye and Uee said.

Kahi came into the apartment and placed her make-up bag and her dress down. "Yes! Make-over!"

************************************************************************************************************************

At the ball that night, Jaejoong and Yunho sat together at a table.

"Do you really think their coming tonight?" Jaejoong asked.

"Yeah, Kahi said they were." Yunho said, frustrated with his tie.

Jaejoong and Yunho were both formally dressed in their black tux.

"Here comes Jiyong and Sunye," Jaejoong said as he and Yunho looked at the door.

Jiyong and Sunye both walked over to Jaejoong and Yunho. Their arms linked.

"Is Uee and Kahi coming?" Jaejoong asked impatiently.

Jiyong turned and pointed at the door. There in the doorway, was Kahi and Uee. Kahi in a lavender purple dress, with small diamond studs surrounding the V-neck collar. It was a tank top, and the dress flowed all the way to the ground. Uee was the same except for her's was red and instead of a tank top and V-neck, it was a one strap. They both looked stunning, and Jaejoong and Yunho showed that they looked stunning by staring at them, eyes wide.

Kahi saw Yunho, Jaejoong, Jiyong and Sunye and pulled Uee over there. Uee followed but was trying to look everywhere but Jaejoong's eyes. The music was playing loudly and lightes were flashing. The ballroom was decorated beautifully with white and pink balloons floating on the ceiling. "Hey guys. Isn't this place beautiful?"

Yunho got up and walked over to Kahi. A slow song then came on and Yunho took the chance to ask her to dance. "May I have this dance?"

Kahi smiled and said yes. Chilam took her hand and lead her into the middle of the dance floor.

Jiyong and Sunye soon joined them, leaving Uee and Jaejoong behind.

Jaejoong came up to Uee and held out a rose in front of her. "This is for you."

Uee looked at the rose but tried to hide her smiled. "Just one?"

"No, the whole package." In his other hands were a box of chocolate and more roses.

Uee smiled. "How did you know I was going to ask for more?"

"I figured you would have wanted me to express my feelings more, and this is the only way I know how." Jaejoong said as he slowly took hold of Uee's hands and lead her into the slow dance. "Uee, stay with me. Don't leave. Give us a chance."

Uee closes her eyes and lean against Jaejoong strong shoulders. "What took you so long to ask?"

"Because I wanted to give you space and time before asking you again. Did it work?"

Uee smiled. "Yes."

"Your staying?"

Uee smiled and nodded her head. Louis grabbed her by the waist and spinned her around. "Thank you."

"Silly."

***Jiyong and Sunye***

Jiyong held onto Sunye. He was nervous. He wanted to tell her that he liked her, but didn't know how to open up and say it.

Sunye on the other hand, was fuming, hoping that he'll say something.

"Sunye...."

Sunye smiled. "Yeah?"

"Are you having fun?"

Sunye frowned. That wasn't the right question. "Yes."

"Oh good. Sunye?"

"Yeah?"

"Um... are you bored?"

Sunye frowned even harder. She looked at him with a dissapproving face. "Is there something ELSE that you want to ask me?"

Jiyong looked around the room. "Um... well... I .... enjoyed your company working on the case."

Sunye decided she was going to put matters into her own hands. "Jiyong, do you like me?"

Jiyong frozed. "I... um... I... yes."

Sunye smiled and said softly, "Then kiss me."

Jiyong smiled. He leaned down and softly kiss Sunye on her lips as they slow dance to the music.

***Kahi and Yunho***

"You look amazing tonight," Yunho said.

Kahi smiled. "Thank you. You look really nice yourself."

Yunho smiled. He didn't know what else to say. Here he was, dancing with the girl he longed to hold. And he had nothing to say to her. *What a loser!* he thought.

"So I'm leaving in two days," Kahi said.

Yunho's face saddened.

"What? Gonna miss me?" Kahi joked.

Yunho looked at Kahi in the eyes, "yeah."

Kahi stiffen. *Is he going to tell me he to stay? Please don't.*

"I think I told you this a million times before, but your always welcome to stay here."

"I know. I'll be back to visit."

"That's not what I mean," Yunho said slowly. "I mean... I hope you would change your mind and stay. For good."

Kahi's smiled disappeared. "I can't."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to, for anything," Kahi said slowly. She knew it was a bit harsh to hear, but she didn't want him to keep trying to keep her back. It wouldn't do any good.