Two Years Later...

Dance At Midnight

 

"I would just like to say Happy Birthday to my dear friend Yunho, and congratulations for being promoted as head officer of Four Springs Corner," Jaejoong said as he raised a toast.

"Thanks man!" Yunho said as he raised his cup and drank the champagne.

It's been two years later and everything has changed. Yunho grew up and taken his job seriously. He was now promoted as head officer along with Jaejoong. But Jaejoong moved on to work for the FBI. Uee was still with the Secret Service. Sunye was now a recognized officer in the station and Jiyong is training to join the Secret Service with Uee. As for Kahi, she is still in the United States. That hasn't changed.

Today was Yunho's birthday. But Kahi still hasn't called to wish him a birthday wish yet. Yunho was still the only one single out of the whole gang. Jaejoong and Uee was still going strong. Sunye and Jiyong was too. Seungri found love with a high school teacher named Sunmi. While Nana got to know  Kevin Woo through some of the group gatherings. Yunho was the only one left, still waiting for Kahi to return, if she ever does.

His feelings for her was confirmed and clear. She knew how he felt. She just hasn't said anything about it. But he knows that she has feelings for him too.

"Well, it's getting late. Thanks everyone for having this little party for me. I really appreciate it," Yunho said.

"Your ending this already?" Sunye asked, still wanting an excuse to stay outlate and have fun.

Yunho nodded. "Everyone has work tomorrow and I just want to go home and rest."

Sunye frowned. "Fine."

Uee came over and gave Yunho a hug. "Happy Birthday. I hope you had fun."

Yunho nodded and smiled. "Thanks. I did."

Jaejoong and Jiyong both came over and patted him in the back. "We'll all see you tomorrow."

Sunye came over and gave Yunho a small peck on the cheek. "She'll call."

Sunye smiled. "I hope so."

Everyone went their separate ways, leaving Yunho walking slowly to his car.

***Jaejoong and Uee***

"Let's go to the beach," Jaejoong said.

Uee looked at him. "Why?"

"I want some fresh air. We don't have to if you don't want to."

"No, going to the beach is fine."

As they drove, Jaejoong said. "So what's going on with Kahi?"

Uee shrugged. "I haven't talked to her in a long time."

"Do you think she know today was Yunho's birthday?"

"Maybe.... I hope Sunye called her to tell her if she didn't," Uee said.

"Yunho had his heart broken once before. It was real bad. He used to be a really good police officer, wanting to work real hard to get money to have a beautiful wedding. But then she broked up with him for someone else. They never talked again and Yunho stopped working so hard. But now he wants to be a good officer again all because of Kahi, I just don't understand why she won't give him a chance."

"Kahi wants to. But she's someone that is still young and her career goes first. She's not looking for love. When she is, she'll come back to Yunho," Uee said, defending Kahi.

Jaejoong smiled and looked at Uee. "That's why I'm glad that your not her. I'm glad love comes first to you."

They parked and got out.

They sat on the beach for a little bit when a shooting star came flying by. "LOOK! Jaejoong make a wish!" Uee screamed excitedly.

They both closed their eyes and made a wish. Uee opened her's and looked at Jaejoong. "What did you wish for?"

Jaejoong pondered for a moment. "Do you really want to know?"

Uee smiled. "YOu don't have to tell me....."

Jaejoong leaned over and kissed her lightly on the lips. Then he whispered in her ears, "I wish to have you for my wife," just as he took out a little red heart shape box from his pocket. He opened it as Uee stared in bewilderment. "Kim Uee, would you marry me?"

Uee sat there speechless. Then she smiled. "Yes."

***Sunye and Jiyong***

"Where are we going? I don't want to go just yet," Sunye complained as Jiyong drove.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Let's go somewhere to eat."

"Okay," Jiyong said as he turned the corner and brought Sunye to a little quiet restaurant near the bay. "How does seafood sound?"

"Wonderful!" Sunye exclaimed excitedly.

They parked and went inside.

"Ah, Mr. Kwon, this way." The waiter said.

Sunye frowned. "How did they waiter already know..."

"I'm a usual."

"Really? And who do you come here with usually..."

Jiyong smiled. They sat down at a small table for two next to the window facing the ocean.

After they had ordered and eaten a wonderful expensive meal, Sunye started to question.

"This is a really nice dinner for no reason. I mean, we didn't have to come to this place when I told you to go eat."

Jiyong smiled as he looked elsewhere.Sunye turned and looked in his direction. There were two waiters coming towards them, one holding a bottle of champagne and one holding beautiful red roses. Sunye turned and looked at Jiyong. "What is this for?"

The roses and champagne was placed on the table. "What is all of this for?" Sunye continued asking.

Jiyong smiled as he slowly pour the champagne into the glasses. Sunye smiled and took a sip.

Jiyong continued to look at her. "There's one more thing..." He reached in his pocket and took out a ring box. He got on his knees and opened the box. "Sunye, would you marry me?"

Sunye was then speechless. She smiled slyly. "This was all planned. The dinner, everything."

"Of course, you haven't answered my question."

Sunye looked up at the ceiling for a moment. "Hmmmm... lemme see...."

"Sunye, everyone's staring. Don't make me stay on my knees like this... just let me down softly quickly, or make me that happiest man on earth.. quickly."

Sunye smiled and leaned down. "Yes..."

***Yunho and Kahi***

Yunho laid on his bed and looked at the clock on his bedside table. It was 11:58 pm and in 2 minutes his birthday was over. She hasn't called yet.

*I wonder if she even know it's my birthday.*

Yunho tossed and turn on his bed. It's been two years since he last saw her. In about a week is going to be first day that he ever met her. He thought back to the first time he saw her. Her and her stubborn kicking self.

It was on the Rocky side of the beach. She and Uee were on a case and he and Jiyong ruined their first chance at capturing Kang ho. Actually, he was in Annie's way more then once when she was so close to capturing Kang ho.

Chilam smiled, "I guess it's true when they say 'if you don't argue, you don't meet'."

RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGG

Yunho got up quickly and picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YUNHO!!!" Kahi's soft voice screamed on the other line.

Yunho looked at the clock. 11:59. Just in time. "I almost thought you weren't going to call. I thought you didn't remember."

"Of course I rememeber silly. I have a gift for you. But it won't get there until maybe next week."

Yunho smiled. "Really? What is it?"

"I can't tell you. You'll find out when you get it."

"Okay, fine. So what have you been up to?"

Yunho stayed up all night talking to the person he longed to talk to most. Kahi made his birthday better with just her one phone call. If only she was actually by his side to celebrate with him.