Chicken Soup

Dance At Midnight

Kahi woke up later that night, the smell of chicken soup in the air. A smile lit up on Kahi's face as she jump out of bed. In her kitchen stood Uee and TOP. Ada was stirring a pot of what Kahi knew was chicken soup.

"Is our little patience awake?" TOP asked as he poured Kahi a cup of green tea, her favorite. "Uee came over to make you some chicken soup."

Kahi smiled. "Uee, your the best!"

"I heard you came down with the flu. Poor thing. So I thought that you would like some of my delicious chicken soup. It helps heal the soul,"Uee said as she pour the soup into a bowl and brought it out Kahi, who was sitting at the dining table with TOP.

"My soul doesn't need healing. Thanks Uee," Kahi said as she sip from the spoon.

"What about me? I made you some hot green tea when I heard you were ill. I care too!" TOP said.

"Your wonderful too! I love you both!"

TOP and Uee looked at each other and smiled. "So who is the other person that you love?"TOP asked.

"What other person?"

"The one that brought you egg custards."

Kahi smiled. "Oh, it's that guy from the station. He's nothing. He just came to make me mad."

"It sure doesn't seem like it if he brought you egg custard," Uee said.

"WHAT? He was the reason why I was sick afterall. And he did break all the ones I bought when we went to the mall. That doesn't mean anything!"

"Right....." TOP and Uee said.

Kahi rolled her eyes and continue to eat her soup. "I would never like that guy! Not in a lifetime!"

Uee laughed. Kahi was so stubborn.

***The next day***

Sunye walked over to Uee's desk. "So you want to go to lunch with me today?"

Uee looked up. "I would love to but I already have plans."

Sunye pout. "Oh. With who?"

Uee was concentration on whatever she was doing. "Um... Jaejoong."

"You have plans with Jaejoong?"

Uee nodded.

"When did this start?"

Uee looked up. "What start?"

"You andJaejoong."

"Me and Jaejoong? We're just friends."

"Yeah that's what they all say," sunye said quietly. "Well, then I won't bother you two."

Uee nodded as she continued reading. She didn't notice Sunye was already gone.

Yunho then walked into the station. He looked at Uee *I wonder how that girl is doing. But then they would actually think I care. Which of course I don't. Why would I care for that mean, stuck-up, stubborn, rude girl anyway.* So Yunho went and sat at his desk.

Uee looked up and saw Yunho. She smiled and walked over to his desk. "Kahi wants to thank you for those egg custards."

That caught his attentions. "Why didn't she thank me herself?"

Uee shrugged. "She will. But it was nice of you to care about her."

"What? Me? Care for her? No way! I was just pasting by and I came to see when she was coming back to work. And I accidentally left them there." Yunho said. He knew it was a stupid lie but he's a bad liar.

"Whatever you say, it was nice of you anyway," Uee said as she walked away.

***Later at a nearby restaurant***

"So what do you want? There's some really good lobster here. You want some of that?" Jaejoong asked.

Uee was still looking at her menu. "You didn't have to take me here. It's such a formal place. I would have been fine eating in the market."

"No, it's fine. I was in the mood for seafood anyway."

Uee frowned and went back to her menu. Later, they both order the lobster special. As they sat there waiting for their food, they continue to talk.

"So what got you into the secret service?" Jaejoong asked.

"Well, I use to take Karate when I lived here. So I continued to do so in the states. After that, I wanted to do something challenging instead of sitting in an office typing. I met Kahi when we were both signing up for the police force. And later before we knew it, we were both asked to assist the Secret Service. They needed to females to go undercover. Me and Kahi volunteer, and after that, we loved it. So we became a member of the Secret Service," Uee said.

Jaejoong looked at Uee. She was a totally unique girl. He has never dated anyone like her before and he would definitly like to get to know her better.

Uee was a bit awkward as she notice Jaejoong didn't keep his eyes off her. It was nice to know someone is so interested in what you were saying. "What? Is there something on my face?"

Jaejoong shooked his head. "Sorry, I didn't mean to stare."

Uee smiled. "It's okay."

Jaejoong then got the guts to ask her. "Can we, get to know each other better?"

Uee turned bright pink. "What do you mean?"

"Like, get to know each other to be more then friends. Like dating."

Uee smiled. "Isn't that what we're doing now?"

Jaejoong then smiled. "Yeah I guess." Jaejoong then was embarrassed. "So does that mean yes?"

"Yes."

"Great." Jaejoong smiled as he saw the waiter carry out their food. "Food's here."