Shocking News

Dance At Midnight

After breakfast, Kahi and Uee took a taxi back to the station.

Jaejoong spotted them coming in and he walked over. He gave Uee a quick kiss on the cheek and said hey to Kahi. Kahi looked at Uee.

"Well, I'll let you two talk. I'll go gather all my stuff," Kahi said and walked away.

Jaejoong looked at her. "Talk? Did you want to talk to me or something?"

Uee looked down at the floor. "Um, yeah. But not right now. Can you meet me at Sweet Dynasty for lunch?"

Jaejoong smiled. "Yum, Sweet Dynasty. Fancy place. Okay."

Uee smiled weakly. "Yeah, I'm treating. Well, I'm just here to gather up my stuff and take it to the house."

"Okay," Jaejoong said. "I have to get back to work. I'll see you later."

Jaejoong then walked back into his office and Uee walked over to Kahi. She started to gather her stuff in a box. Just then Sunye came out of the little room. "Hey Kahi, Uee."

"Hey Sunye," both of them said in unison.

Sunye smiled. "Getting your stuff? Aren't you happy the case is over?"

Uee and Kahi nodded.

"Well, I have to get back to work. I'll see you at home Uee."

"Okay, bye."

Sunye walked off.

"Wow, that was awkward. Did you feel the tension in the air?" Kahi asked.

"Shut up Kahi. It wasn't that bad."

"Surrre..." Kahi said smiling.

***In Jaejoong's office***

Sunye and Jiyong sat in the two chairs opposing Jaejoong.

"Well, as you probably heard, we have a new case. ion. But I want to keep this on the download becuase there will be some undercover jobs," Jaejoong said.

Sunye and Jiyong looked at each other.

"I am putting you in charge, Jiyong. I decided that I will let Yunho take a break. I know he's coming out of the hospital tomorrow, but he doesn't need to be back at work so soon. Sunye, this is your first big case. You will be the one that's going undercover."

Jiyong looked at Sunye. He could see the smile that she was trying to hide. He knew this was a good opportunity for her, but there was a big risk in it.

"Thank you sir, I won't let you down," Sunye said.

"Good, that's what I like to hear. Any questions Jiyong?" Jaejoong asked as Sunye and Jiyong gets up.

Jiyong shooked his head.

Jaejoong nodded. There was something wrong with Jiyong. He could tell. "Jiyongy, I want you to stay."

Sunye took the hint and left the office.

"Sit down."

Jiyong and Jaejoong sat back down. "What's wrong?"

Jiyong shooked his head.

Jaejoong stared at Jiyong

"Fine. I just don't think you should give Sunye this job. This is too dangerous for her first real case."

Jaejoong smiled. "Is this what's bothering you? I swear, your secretly in love with her."

Jiyong frowned. "I'm being serious. And I'm not in love with her. I would feel this way about anyone else. Nana is more suited since she's been on bigger cases before."

Jaejoong shooked his head. "When do you think Sunye would be ready? She's going to have to start somewhere. If she wants to be promoted and have bigger cases, she's going to have to take risks. And this is up to her, she can deny this job."

Jiyong thought it over. *This is a good chance for her.*

Jaejoong knows that Jiyong cares for Sunye, even if it was only a brotherly care. He just won't admit it. Jaejoong shooked his head. Yunho and Jiyong will never mature. They just have to think that guys are suppose to pick on girls. "Well, at least you'll be watching her every move to protect her."

Jiyong finally nodded his head. "Okay."

"Jiyong, don't worry. She'll be able to take care of herself."

"What? I'm not worry." Jiyong said as he smiled and walked out of the room.

***Later, at Sweet Dynasty***

"Sorry I'm late," Jaejoong said as he sat down.

Uee smiled. "It's okay."

"So did you order yet?"

Uee shooked her head.

"What do you want?" Jaejoong asked.

"Anything."

"Okay,"Jaejoong said as he looked at the menu.

"Jaejoong..."

Jaejoong looked up. *Uh oh. Why is she acting so weird?* He put down the menu and stared at her.

"I'm...."

"what?"

"I'm going back to the states."

Jaejoong was silent. "What?"

"I already decided. The ticket is booked for Thursday the following week."

Jaejoong shooked his head to try and shake away the news. "What about us?"

"I know that we have just begun, but I can't give up my job for us."

"What? Why..." Jaejoong didn't know what to say.

"Jaejoong, I'm really sorry. It's just that, being with you is great... but I've worked hard to get where I am.. and I can't give that up."

"So your going to give us up?"

"Yes. I have to. I... we need to end this before it gets too deep."

"Too late." Jaejoong got up and left the restaurant leaving Uee sitting there, trying to hold back her tears. She couldn't tell him the real reason.

Jaejoong walked and walked. He didn't know where he was going. "I'm so stupid. I actually thought that she would stay for me... stupid stupid... I guess I was wrong.."