A Day Off

Dance At Midnight

The next morning, Uee woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the sun shining through her window. It was a beautiful day and she and Kahi both had the day off. She got out of bed and put on her robe. She walked out to the kitchen and took out a bottle of orange juice. As she pour the juice into a cup, she noticed a small paper clinging to the fridge. She put the bottle back into the fridge, and then took the piece of paper and read it.

It said: Uee, I'm at the station. I have very early morning shift. Sorry that I can't take the day off to be with you but I'm sure you and Kahi will find something to do in the big city. If you need anything, just call me at the station. -Love, Sunye

Uee threw the paper into the trash can and walked into the living room. She sat down on the couch and the TV. It was her day off and she had no where to go. She never wanted to come back here to Hong Kong. It just reminded her too much of her past family. Her mother had died two years ago and left Sunye to grow up by herself.

Uee's cell phone interrupted her thoughts. Uee got up and ran into her room to get it.

"Hello?"

"Uee. Hey it's Kahi. What are you doing?"

"Nothing, just sitting here. What are you up to today?"

"I was thinking about going shopping. You want to come?"

"Sure. I'll get ready and I'll call you back."

"Okay. See ya!"

"Bye."

Uee hung up the phone. Kahi's voice had cheered her up. Kahi was like a second sister to Uee. Uee smiled as she went to get ready for the day with Kahi.

***Later at the Mall***

Kahi and Uee was sitting in the food court of the mall. Kahi was eating a big bowl of noodles while Uee was eating some chicken fried rice.

"What are you thinking about?" Uee asked, looking at Kahi.

"What makes you think that I'm thinking about anything significant?"

Uee shrugged. "You just look like you have full of thoughts inside you."

"You know me too well. I just want to finish this stupid case and get back to the US."

Uee nodded. "Me too."

Kahi stopped eating for a moment and looked atUee. "What about Sunye?"

"I don't know. I guess we just have to resume back to the way we were before. Keeping in touch by email and stuff. We weren't expecting for me to actually stay here with her."

Kahi nodded and went back to eating. "That's true. You still have your whole other life in the states. I would not stay here for anything. There's just nothing here for me to actually want to stay."

After they finished their lunch, they walked around a bit.

"Hey, I'll meet up with you later. I have to go back to one of the stores and get something real quick. Wait here for me okay?" Kahi said.

Uee shrugged. "Okay."

Kahi ran off and left Uee standing there. Uee looked at the store she was standing in front of. There was a clear glass window and it sold crystal figures. She walked over and look into the window.

"Pretty aren't they?"

Uee jumped at the unfamiliar voice. She turned and there stood the dark man that she had saw at the station last night.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Uee smiled. "It's okay. You work with Sunye don't you?"

The man smiled. "Yes. I'm Kim Jaejoong." He held out his hands.

Uee shooked it. "I'm Kim Uee. Sunye's sister."

There was a confusion in the man's face. "Your her sister? But Sunye's last name is Min."

"Yeah. When our parents divorce, I guess mom made her change her last name back to my mom's maiden name."

Jaejoong nodded to show he understood. "Look, I'm really sorry that my team kept getting in your way. I know if we didn't, then you and the other girl would have captured Kang ho already."

Uee just shrugged. "It's okay. I understand that they were just doing their jobs."

"You didn't seem too happy before though."

"Well, should I be happy for being arrested. Kahi's not happy with your friends though."

"Kahi is the other girl, right?"

"Yeah."

Jaejoong smiled. He felt comfortable talking to Uee for some reason. "So what are you standing around here for?"

"I'm waiting on Kahi. She went to go get something."

"I'll wait with you if you don't mind."

"No, it'll be nice to have someone to talk to instead of standing here not knowing what to do," Uee said.

***Meanwhile***

Kahi walked out of the store holding a large white box. She was so happy to see it. The last time she had this, it was 10 years ago, when her mom bought it for her one last time before they headed to the US.

As she turned the corner, someone ran right into her and the box fell out of her hands and splattered everywhere. She looked down in disbelief. All the egg custards were smashed and broken. She looked up angrily and there stood the police officer that had captured her two times already.

"YOU!?!?!?"

Yunho looked at the ground. *This is not my lucky day.*

Kahi pointed to the ground. "Look what you've done!"

"Hey, it wasn't just me. We bumped into each other. It wasn't all my fault!"

"Well, if you were looking at where you were going..." Kahi screamed.

"Why don't you look where your going?" Kahi had never met anyone so stubborn and unreasonable before.

"You own me money!" Kahi said as she spread her hands out in front of him.

"It's not all my fault. I'm not giving you any."

"YOU?!" She bent down and picked up an egg custard and threw it in his face. It splattered everywhere.

"You did not just do that!" Yunho said in disbelief as he wipe some of the custard off his face just as another one came flying into his shirt.

"I just did it again!" Kahi said as she walked away.

Yunho just stood there and stared at her. "I can't believe that girl!" He screamed just as he realized that there was a crowd of people standing around him. *Great! I'm going to get her for that!*

***Back to Uee and Jaejoong***

"So who are you here with?" Uee asked him.

"Oh, with Yunho.."

"Who's that?"

"You know the guy that arrested you and Kahi. The one that got kicked by Kahi yesterday." Jaejoong said, laughing to himself as he remembers the little incident.

"Oh him. Where is he now?"

"He went to get some egg custard." Jaejoong said. "He should be back soon."

Just then, an angried Kahi walked up to Uee.

"Kahi, what happened?"

"I just met that stupid ignorant no brainer of a policemen!"

Uee looked at Jaejoong as Louis mouth Yunho to her.

Uee laughed.

"What's so funny?" Kahi asked as she finally noticed Jaejoong. "You are that man that help him arrest me yesterday."

"Kahi this is Jaejoong." Uee said.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. We didn't know." Jaejoong said.

Kahi frowned. "It's okay. At least your better then your friend."

"Well, I guess we should be going. Nice talking to you Jaejoong." Uee said.

"Same here. Nice meeting the both of you." Jaejoong said.

They all said bye as Kahi and Uee left.

After they left, Jaejoong saw Yunho walking towards him, with stuff all over him.

"What happened to you?"

"Long story...if I see her again, she's going to get a piece of me!" Yunho said angrily.

Jaejoong laughed for he knew what happened. "Come on, let's go. I don't want to walk around with you like this."