Journals

Dance At Midnight

 

The next morning, Kahi and Uee were having breakfast at a restaurant near their work.

"So what's going on with you and Yunho?" Uee asked.

Annie stopped eating for a second and thought, "Nothing."

"I mean, are you guys friends or foes?"

"Friends. I mean, how am I suppose to be mean to him after he saved me after all. He's really not as bad as I thought. We just got off to a bad start, like you and Jyong," Kahi said as she continued to eat her eggs.

"Yeah, but me and Jiyong aren't as stubborn as you two. We got over it and became friends, unlike you two who remain enemies."

Kahi shrugged. "Oh well, at least we're friends now."

Uee was stirring her orange juice slowly. "What are you going to do now that the case it over?"

Kahi stopped eating again and looked at Uee. She knew Uee was confused about leaving or staying, especially with Jaejoong now in her life. "Uee, it's okay if you want to stay. I'm sure Jaejoong wants you to, too."

Uee looked at her orange juice as she continued to stir. "I don't know. I knew it was bad of me to get too close to him. Now I don't know what to do."

"Well, you can always stay since you do still have family here to stay for. As for me, I don't have a reason to stay. I already booked a ticket for America."

Uee stopped stirring and looked at Kahi. "Already? Why didn't you talk to me about it? When are you leaving?"

Kahi shrugged. "I figured you were going to stay. I mean, it's been forever since you found such a decent guy. Don't let that pass. And if it doesn't work out, then you have plenty of time to go back. But I need to go back home. And the agency already contact me, telling me to head back. They booked the ticket for me."

"What did they say about me?"

"They say they'll contact you later," Kahi said.

"When are you suppose to leave?"

"In two weeks."

"TWO WEEKS!! Does Yunho know?" Uee asked.

"No. But why does Yunho have to know? I'm not that close to him. But I'll tell him eventually."

Uee signed. She didn't know what to do. Her job is very important to her, and like Kahi, she worked hard to get to where she is. She didn't want to give it up just yet. But it has been awhile since she had met such a decent guy.

Kahi looked at Uee and knew what she was thinking. But she didn't know what to tell her. She didn't want to tell her one thing, only to find out that Uee regretted making that decision. If Kahi was her, she would have chosen her job.Uee's relationship with Jaejoong isn't very strong now, and so it wouldn't be so smart if she gave up everything she worked for. Kahi signed. "Think about this and decide what your going to do quickly. They will call you probably later today and you need to know what you want to do."

Uee nodded.

***Later in the hospital***

Kahi came by to visit Yunho again. They were both sitting on a bench in the park outside of the hospital.

"How are you feeling?" Kahi asked.

"Better. I should be able to get out of this hospital in a few days," Yunho answered.

Kahi smiled. "That's good."

"So are you still working at the station? Or has the agency given you another job?" Yunho asked.

Kahi shooked her head. "I'm on vacation now for two weeks. I dont have to do anything."

"Oh? Then what are you going to do after the two week is over?"

"Go back home."

Yunho's smiled faded from his face. "Oh."

"Yep. I'm leaving exactly two weeks from today. Your going to see me off right?"

"Oh yeah, of course." Yunho couldn't believe that Kahi was leaving in two weeks. That's a very short time from now. He was unsure of what he was feeling or thinking. He can't possibly have liked her ALREADY! I mean, he hardly knows her. Well, he hardly knows the nice side of her anyway.

Kahi looked at Yunho's puzzled face. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Yunho was kicked out of his thoughts and back into reality. "Oh yeah, I'm fine." Inside of him, for some reason, he felt uncomfortable and sad. He didn't want her to leave, especially in two weeks. "So your definitely going back?"

Kahi smiled. "Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

Yunho shrugged. "I don't know. You wouldn't stay?"

Kahi's smiled faded. "Why would I stay? What would I stay for?"

They were both silent. Kahi was oblivious to Yunho's sudden changed of mood. Yunho was not sure of what he was feeling after he heard she was leaving.

"Well, it's getting cold out. I don't want you to get sick before your wound even heals. Come on, let's go back inside," Kahi said.

Yunho nodded and followed her. He tried to shake away his feelings for he didn't know what cause them.

***At Uee's house***

Uee turned off the TV. She had nothing to do. She got a two week vacation since she had finished her case. The Secret Service had no idea that Kahi and Uee could possibly have a change of heart and wanted to stay. But Uee did. They would be calling her pretty soon and she would have to decide. Uee didn't know what to do. Jaejoong and Sunye were both at the station working. Kahi was probably at the hospital with Yunho.

Uee got up and looked around the house. "I should clean up," she said to herself.

After an hour of cleaning, Uee made it to Sunye's room. *Maybe I should go tidy it up for her...* Uee walked into the room.

The room was a complete mess. Clothes and shoes were everywhere. *Wow. Where should I start?*

Uee began to tidy up the clothes that were on the floor. She threw them all into a laundry basket, figuring that they were all dirty anyway. After everything on the floor was picked up, Uee moved on to the table.

As Uee cleared up the pens and papers, she noticed a little notebook. It was opened. She picked it up and realized it was a journal. Sunye's journal. She was about to put it down again when she saw two words that caught her eyes, Uee and Jaejoong. *It's about me and Jaejoong.*

Although she knew she wouldn't read it, but maybe just one entry wouldn't hurt. The day was yesterday.

*Sunye's Journal*

Dear Journal,
It's me again. I am so frustrated. I just came home from visiting Yunho at the hospital. I heard someone at the door so I went to see who it was. When I looked out the peephole, I saw Uee and Jaejoong, kissing. I don't know what to do. I know that if they are together, then Jaejoong must like her. But I feel that it's unfair to me for some reason. I've liked him for 3 solid years now. And Uee comes here for only a month and steal him away. I know I shouldn't feel this way since she had no clue it was him that I liked, but I can't help but feel betrayed. I thought that after the night Jaejoong and I spent together, he cared about me too. But I guess I was wrong. Even though we both agreed that that night was an accident and we were going to pretend it didnt' happen. It did. And I can't get over that. I like him so much, but how can I go inbetween him and Uee? Uee is my sister. Maybe I should just wish them the best of luck and know that it wasn't meant to happen with me and Jaejoong. Journal, I can't though. I just can't. I know I'm being selfish, but he means so much to me. But maybe if Uee leaves for the states, then Jaejoong might forget about her. Oh, that was so wrong of me to even think that. I want her to stay. I want us to continue to live together. Oh who am I lying to? I know myself that even if she did stay, I wouldn't be able to be happy around her, knowing that she is with Jaejoong. What am I suppose to do?

*End of Journal*

Uee shut the journal. She was in complete shock. All this time, Sunye had liked Jaejoong. And she was too oblivious to see it. She was the one that stoled her sister's dream guy. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She knew it couldn't be this simple. She had her heart broken before, and now that she found a decent guy, she knew that it wouldn't be so easy to be with him. And she knew that she was not going to be the person that breaks her sister's heart. Especially since she had just came into Sunye's life, she's not going to hurt her already.