Second Part: The Separation

DESTINY

Kihyun wakes up feeling extremely dizzy. He heard people whispering around him, unrecognizable voice and incomprehensive words. He tries to check his surrounding, and all he sees is a white wall and the smell of chemical.

"You said grab the kid with a wounded ankle. This is him" A said. 

"This is not the kid I saw from this noon" B replied. 

"Maybe you aren't looking carefully. Kid look all the same from afar" A rebutted. He sounds done with the argument. "The villa has a very tall fence. You can barely see the children."

"Hey, the kid wakes up," C said. 

"What is your name?" B asked - sounded a little mad. 

"Yo... " Kihyun paused, his mind is busy connecting the dot from the conversation, "Daniel," he said instead. It was obvious the guys come for Daniel, and he remembers very clearly that Dayoung said it was the older one is responsible for taking care of the younger one. Daniel is younger than him, so that he will protect him. 

"I told you I got a right kid," A said and left the room. 

"I pretty sure the kid I saw was a different kid," B said while looking at Kihyun. "How many children were there?" 

"Three. This one here. One boy and one girl" C answered. 

"There were four kids at the villa. Where is another one?" B asked. 

"There was only three. Maybe the one kid went home or something. You said that one kid doesn't actually stay there" C replied. "If you have a doubt, stab him or something. See if he is reacting" 

"Don't you hear what the client want? They want the boy untouched. We already cut his ankle" B replied as he is approaching the bed where Kihyun is strapped to, "Daniel is the kid they use for the IQ experiment, right? We can test him like that. Go get some hard question for this boy here to answer." 

Meanwhile... 

"Don't worry. I hide Daniel in a place where only I know. Even Nana doesn't know about it" Si Woo whispered to Dayoung. "I hide there if I want to disconnect from the world" he added. 

"Really?" 

"I don't think he come out. I don't sense him around here." 

"You cannot sense Daniel" Dayoung replied. 

"I can. Today. I sensed him when he got his ankle cut. I sense Kihyun. He is scared that he is alone. Daniel is not with him" Si Woo explained. 

Dayoung forgot that Si Woo mysteriously able to pick up Daniel sense today. "Whether Daniel is here or not, we need to find a way out. Kihyun is special. You too. You have no idea what these people is going to do with special children like you" she starts to loosen the rope which is binding her to the chair. 

"Nuna wait," Si Woo said before closing his eyes. 

Dayoung just watches the boy, trying to understand what he tries to do. 

A moment later, a young-looking man entered the room. He untied both Dayoung and Si Woo without saying a word and left the room quietly - letting the door unlocked. 

"Did you do that?" Dayoung is in disbelief. 

"I've been practising to manipulate my gift lately. I can only do that once in a while. Sometimes it doesn't work like I intended it to be. Kihyun have been telling me to stop practising it" Si Woo answered honestly. 

"Well, it's a good thing you did not stop" Dayoung complimented the boy. 

****************************

"I can't believe we are going to follow a dog." 

"A dog is a human friend... and they often use in rescue operation" Madam Na replied as she watches a few people setting up some monitor in the living room. A few people are putting on a spy camera on the dog. 

"Nana" 

All of them turn around to look at the owner of the voice. 

"Jesus Christ" Madam Na runs to Daniel who looks confused at his surrounding. "Where have you been all this time?" she asked the boy after hugging him then checking him for a sign of injury. 

"Si Woo told me to hide in the storeroom. He told me to stay there until they find me. I fall asleep while waiting" Daniel answered while he looks at everyone in the living room one by one. 

"This boy is Daniel?" Madam Na's friend is asking. 

"Yes. This is Daniel" Madam Na answered before hugging Daniel again - feeling relieved the boy is safe. "They got the wrong boy. You need to find them quickly. Who knows what they will do if they realize they get the wrong boy."

"This boy right here is valuable to science. But, a kid like Kihyun worth a fortune in the black market," Madam Na's friend commented before she patted Daniel on the head. "You listen well to people." 

"Kihyun said we need to listen to instruction well. Otherwise, we will get hurt or arrested" Daniel replied. 

"That boy will be either grow up to become a doctor or a lawyer" Madam Na's friend mumbles to herself.

"The dog is ready" one of the team members announced. 

"The monitor is ready too" another one announced. 

"Okay. Get that dog out there" Madam Na's ordered. "Let see where it lead us." 

One of the team members try to get the dog moving, but it just won't listen. 

"Toby doesn't just listen to anyone" Daniel stated. "He only listens to people he knows. I can help. I will walk him" he offered. 

"This dog is too eager for us to follow him earlier and now he only listen to people he uses to" Madam Na's friend sighed. "Fine, you do it." 

"Are you crazy? He is just a boy" Madam Na unintentionally yelled at her friend.  

"It's okay, Nana. She is right. I am a science asset. They won't harm me. A dead experiment subject means failure" Daniel simply said before he goes to take Toby's leash from the team member. "Come, Toby. Let's go for a walk" he said, and Toby starts walking immediately.

"That boy is really expressionless." 

"Keep him safe, okay? Always check if he got hurt. He cannot feel it" Madam Na remind her friend.

*******************************

"Si Woo, where is he?" Dayoung asked while she watches the people moving around in the hallway. 

"I think he is in the other building. His sense does not come from somewhere around here" Si Woo answered. 

"That's easy. We don't have to go out through the front door. We can just get out from the window" Dayoung close the door and goes to the window. Fortunately, it was not locked. So, she pushes it open, and the yard is looking pretty empty. No one is on patrol there, but the lack of space to hide will make them get caught the moment they try to run to the other building. "Can you climb down? It's not that high." 

"I can. But, I sense a lot of people downstairs. How about we go up?" Si Woo pointed at the ventilation area. "It doesn't seem like it is working" 

"Daniel really rubbing off on you, huh?" Dayoung replied as she is stacking the chair together so they can reach the ventilation. "When I save him before, he suggested this too, and it worked" she added. "Come. You go first" she helps Si Woo to get on the chair and give him a little push to climb onto the ventilation. 

The ventilation pathway brings them to a rooftop. The moment they come out from it, Si Woo suddenly groans in pain. 

"What is it?" Dayoung asked the boy. 

"They beat him up" Si Woo answered as he tries to stand up properly. 

"They must find out that Kihyun is not Daniel. Hurry" Dayoung said before she kneels in front of Si Woo. "I will carry you. We need to find Kihyun faster" she said urgently. 

*******************************************

"Hey, kid. What are you doing here?" 

Daniel pulls Toby leash, so the dog stop walking. "I am just walking my dog." 

"Go home, kid. It's dangerous here." 

Daniel turns around and walks back with Toby. But, he didn't actually go back. There was a black van waiting for them nearby - completely hidden. He gets into the van with Toby. 

"The road leading to an abandoned factory. It's five kilometres from where the boy was stopped"

A voice can be heard from the radio - most likely from the tech guy working at their living room. Daniel thought. He makes Toby sit next to him. 

"Is there any way we can get in there without being seen?" 

"Wait a minute. I am still canvassing the area" replied the voice. 

Madam Na's friend take a look Daniel who is patting the dog name Toby for a moment, "You really have no emotion. When that guy stopped you, you don't even flinch." 

Daniel looks at his caretaker friend. 

"I read about you. You are your parent's experiment. Do you acknowledge that?"

Daniel keeps his silence. Staring blankly.

"Do you know what the experiment was? Can you tell me about it?"  

Daniel nodded. "They studied my biomarkers. They wanted to create a cure. In case there will be a child born with the same defects as I am." 

"Biomarkers study is legal though. Why do they have to hide you because of that? Many scientists are eager to share their finding." 

"It's because of the serum injection they gave me. It's regenerated serum. When I was born, I couldn't get enough oxygen supplies, and our cell dies without oxygen. They injected me with a regeneration boosting serum to keep my cell alive. They keep improving the serum, and it helps me heals faster than the average human does. When my mother colleague betrayed her trust and told people about me... the science community thought I would be a key to immortality. Some thought they could study me and find a cure to all the degeneration disease. The thing is the serum effect doesn't last. My parents have to inject me with some dosage occasionally" Daniel explained as he takes a look at his ankle. 

"You are still bleeding. It's been hours since you get cut"

"The serum is starting to lose its effect" Daniel stated.

"What happened if you don't get your occasional dosage?" 

Daniel shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe I will degenerate and dies." 

*********************************

Dayoung put Si Woo down. "You are too much in pain. You will only get worst if I bring you along" she said to the boy, "Tell me where he is. I will get him out." 

"Second floor. Second room. North wing" Si Woo answered as he tries to withstand the pain. 

"Okay. You hide here.  Or go out if you can. Get help or something" Dayoung kiss Si Woo on the forehead before she left the boys. 

Instead of moving, Si Woo stays put. He closes his eyes and tries to sense Daniel - he wonders if the boy is doing okay. He failed to sense him. "Why can't I sense him now?" he mumbles to himself before trying again. This time too, he failed to sense Daniel - but manage to get a clear sense of Kihyun. He can sense his friend is in pain and scared - and the sense is getting closer to him. He gasped. "Oh God, they moved him," he said before pushing himself to stand up. "I need to get Dayoung-ie Nuna" he tries to run then he paused, "Kihyun is just right there," he said while looking at the room which is located at the end of the hall. 

***********************************

"Are you sure this is going to work? I mean you are literally just throwing the kid onto trap" Madam Na voice can be heard from the radio. 

"That's the only way. We need to make some distraction at the entrance for my team to get inside. To do that, they need to know they don't have Daniel yet."

"Pretending like you are hired to kidnap Kihyun and suggesting for a trade doesn't sit well with me. How about Si Woo and Dayoung?" Madam, Na replied.

"We just need a distraction. They are professional. They don't make a mess unless they have to. If I give them an offer they could not refuse, they would have no choice other than listening to the rest of my package. While talking to them, I will make sure they bring Kihyun to me... my team will locate Dayoung and Si Woo." 

"I disagree with this. But, this is your field. Just bring the kids home" Madam Na pleaded. 

"I will."

*****************************************

Si Woo is thinking hard how did he can get to Kihyun when the people who guard the door suddenly left. After making sure there is only Kihyun sense in the room, Si Woo runs to it. 

"Si Woo?" Kihyun is surprised to see his friend. 

Si Woo feels frustrated when he sees the bruises on Kihyun face and body, which were healing now becomes evident again. "Let's go. Can you move?"

"I don't know. It's kind of hard to breath" Kihyun answered. 

"You break your ribs again" Si Woo stated as he looks around, thinking how can he move Kihyun without causing him pain. 

"It's okay. I don't feel much pain. Just find it hard to breathe. You can tell me if I should stop moving. Is that okay?" Kihyun suggested. 

"Let's do that. I will help you" Si Woo put his focus on Kihyun and ignores the sensation he picked up. They slowly left the room and went to find a hiding spot. 

"They caught you too?" Kihyun asked while they are moving with caution, making sure they did not get caught. 

"Yeah, I can't just let them take you. Dayoung-ie Nuna too. I saw her passed out when the man hit her with a vase when she tries to protect you. I was just returning to the living room after hiding Daniel in my secure spot" Si Woo explained. "Did they beat you up after knowing you are not Daniel?"

"No, they beat me up because I could not answer a calculus question. Since I am not really feeling pain, they are still confused if I am Daniel or not" Kihyun stopped walking, "Wait. Isn't that, Daniel?" 

Si Woo looks down at where Kihyun is pointing. He saw Daniel is walking into a room on the second floor with a few guys. "Those guys are protecting Daniel. We got help." 

"Really?" Kihyun frowned a little.

"I'm a clairsentient, Kihyun. I can tell easily which people is bad and which is good."

"You cannot tell those guy who keeps parking outside the villa is bad though" Kihyun replied. 

"I said they are suspicious, didn't I? Do not arguing with me here. Let's find Dayoung-ie Nuna first. I told her to go to the North Wing to save you" Si Woo sound a little frustrated. 

As they walk passing by each door on the floor, they realize that whoever these people are - they are conducting some chemical production at this old abandoned factory. 

"Si Woo-ah" Kihyun pointed with his mouth to the second floor again.

Si Woo looks down and sees their Dayoung-ie Nuna is being held by a man twice her size. 

"What are you doing?" Kihyun asked when Si Woo seem to try to do something which his psychic ability. Then, he heard something drop from the room behind them. 

"Okay, I transferred that wrong. That was meant for the guy who holds Dayoung-ie Nuna, not in that room" Si Woo pull Kihyun's hand and runs away from the room. Just like his instinct is telling him the room exploded and it caused a chain explosion from one room to another room. His reflexes make him jump onto the huge canopy, unconsciously taking Kihyun with him. They landed perfectly on the canopy, and that's when he realized he just makes Kihyun's injury getting worst. 

"I told you not to do that" Kihyun manages to say in between wheezing. 

"Si Woo!" 

Si Woo looks up and apparently, they land in front of the room where Daniel is in. The people who come with Daniel earlier is trying to help Kihyun and him, but since they are grown up adult - they hesitate to come to them as the people are worried the canopy cannot withstand their weight.  It even worst when the ceiling started collapsing due to the explosion. The factory must have been abandoned due to its weak structure. 

"Daniel! Watch out!" Si Woo yelled when he sees a structure is falling in Daniel direction. 

The man next to Daniel reacted to Si Woo's warning by pushing Daniel away from the corridor handle. When the structure hit the corridor handle, it makes the corridor on the second floor, collapsing, and Daniel falls with the structure. 

Si Woo saw another structure is falling to their direction, and he shielded Kihyun's with his body. The structure did not hit him, but it makes the canopy torn into two and makes them falling onto the canopy under it. The second canopy is worn out that they kind of just slide through it. Si Woo was embracing himself for the impact, but he landed onto something which is considered soft. It's Dayoung who catches them. 

"Nuna, Daniel fall from the second floor," Si Woo said after he gets off from her and makes sure Kihyun is laying properly on the floor. 

Dayoung turns to look at where Si Woo is signalling with his eyes; she gasped when she sees her little brother surrounds a few men. There is a pool of blood on the floor too. "Daniel!" she screams as she runs to him. 

A large steel pole is falling, and once again Si Woo reacted with shielding Kihyun. Luckily the pole stuck on something and did not hit them directly. It was so close to his back, though. 

"Take them out. Pull them. Carefully" 

"Are you okay?" the man asked Si Woo. 

"Yeah... but, he hasn't breathed for... " Si Woo paused when he notices the only thing preventing the pole hitting him directly is Toby. "Toby?" he goes to the dog - Toby is barely alive. Si Woo starts crying and lost control of himself. He starts to pick up everyone sense and its too much for his body to handle that he starts seizing before he passed out.