Part 72

DESTINY

Hyungwon leans to the ward door as he keeps watching Owen Grey sitting on his bed. The man looks pretty detached from everything around him. Hyungwon is well aware of how emotionally unstable the latter is, but today the man appears to be more unstable than he ever was. Hyungwon can sense a lot of emotion coming from him, but fear is the most noticeable.

"Ever since he come back from the funeral, he just keeps getting worst from day to day," the nurse suddenly shows up behind him. "He got into a fight with his father at the funeral. He looks very scared when he comes back that day. I suspect his father said something to him. But, he refuses to talk about it. Do you want to work your magic on him?"

"To solve a problem, we need to tackle the root of it," Hyungwon replied, making the nurse looking at him with a curious face. "Keep a close eye on him, ok? He's been facing the window for quite some time now," he added before walking away - leaving the nurse dumbfounded.

"Yah! I've looking for you everywhere," Jooheon said when he sees Hyungwon come out from the psychiatrist department. "I thought you left without me," he added as he exhales a breath of relieves.

"And let the other kill you for not keeping a good eye on me?" Hyungwon asked as he smirked.

"I know you love me too much to let that happened," Jooheon answered as he smiles cutely. "That's why I got your stuff in the car first before come looking for you. We will go buy some groceries, then I drop you home, ok?"

Hyungwon shakes his head. "Let's go to prison first."

"Huh? What are you doing there? Don't tell me you are secretly working with the prosecution already?" Jooheon is starting to nag. "Your wound is barely healed. Sunho...." he stopped talking when Hyungwon suddenly leaning to his face. "What?" he asked, feeling a bit awkward.

"You wanted to be a rapper when you were a kid, don't you?"

"Did you pick that up randomly?" Jooheon asked, instinctively covered Hyungwon's eyes so the latter can no longer pick up his sensation or reading his mind.

Hyungwon removes Jooheon hand from his eyes and put it on his chest, "I don't feel with my eyes, Jooheon-ie"

Jooheon clears his throats as he pulls his hand away.

".. and no, I wasn't picking up your senses. You talk too fast, and all I hear is bla bla bla, just like all those rappers on the radio," Hyungwon replied before he is standing straight again, "I really love your eyes. From afar, they look very fierce, from close up... they are just beautiful," he commented before heading to the elevator without waiting for Jooheon. "Aren't you coming?" he asked while holding the elevator door, preventing them from closing.

Jooheon reminded of what Cha Juhyeon said to him a few weeks ago. "He clearly picking up my sense. Liar" he mumbles before walking into the elevator, sulking.

************************************

"Wow, the great Chae Si Woo is coming to see me," Cha Juhyeon said as he takes a sit in front of the psychiatrist. "Are you here for my psychological assessment?"

Hyungwon just stares at the man in front of him.

"Right, you are hospitalized. You probably haven't heard about it," Cha Juhyeon said arrogantly. "They are going to evaluate my mental health because my lawyer file for my sentence to be revised. Thanks to you, actually. Your unofficial diagnose might help me leave this place. Do you remember what you said? You said you couldn't decide if I am a sociopath or psychopath, because I am too good at manipulating people to get what I want and very impulsive."

Hyungwon just keeps quiet.

"What are you going to do? I am manipulative, and I might pass the assessment with flying color."

"Even you are leaving this place with flying color. They would never send you back to the community" Hyungwon finally speaks up. "They probably send you to me."

"You can't treat me. You are my victim. That's not a professional relationship."

Hyungwon laughed a little. "Dr. Jee is the one who hurt me, not you. I am not your victim."

"That's true. But I killed your parents. I killed Kwon Jinho. Your friend should just leave him to die in that hole. It such a waste of time to save someone who wishes to die. Kwon Jinho is willing to die for you since the very first day I meet him."

Hyungwon can feel his anger rising at the implied mention of Yoo Kihyun.

"Because of your friend, Jinho is buried twice, and Juyoon is going crazy. If he let Jinho alone, Juyoon doesn't have to bury Jinho himself. It sounds crazy, but I love Juyoon, despite his weaknesses. That's why I buried Jinho for him."

"You make any more reference to my friend, or talk about Jinho like that, and I'll make you regret you ever meet me" Hyungwon takes a deep breath to calm himself.

"You can't kill me. You are just like your mother. Weak" Cha Juhyeon smirked.

"I can't kill you. That is true. But.... " Hyungwon stand up, "...let me show you what I can do," he said as he approaches the man.

Meanwhile....

"Where are you?" Changkyun voice can be heard from the speakerphone. "Why are you not here yet? Is something wrong?"

"I just talked with the nurse on the phone. She said you left with him an hour ago," Minhyuk sound concerned.

Jooheon exhales slowly as he takes a look at the prison administration building, thinking about what kind of excuse he can give to them. He checks his watches; it's been an hour since Hyungwon goes in.

"I asked him to drive me around. Relax everyone - I don't follow stranger around anymore," Hyungwon answered from the open window - unconsciously referring to the day he decided to follow Owen Grey months ago.

"Just come home faster, or I am going to sell your shares," Minhyuk said before ended the phone call.

Hyungwon just laughed, as if he ever care about the company. He open the door and entered the car.

"Are you ok?" Jooheon asked, worried. He notices the psychiatrist is looking tired and a bit pale. He wondered if the latter got a fight with an inmate or whoever he was meeting. Luckily, there is no sign of injury as he scans him. "What are you doing inside there? You look exhausted."

"Don't worry, Jooheon. Jinho's heart is stronger than you think," Hyungwon said before he closes his eyes and pretending to sleep - avoiding being ask any more question.

*********************************

When Minhyuk opens the door, Jooheon can sense that Minhyuk is about to spitting fire. So, he immediately entered the house carrying Hyungwon's stuff and some groceries, saving himself from being scolded too.

"Why can't you just come straight away home? The kids fall asleep while waiting for you," Minhyuk said as he helps Hyungwon to take off his shoes. "Do you know Chessa wakes up super early today? She wanted to look nice for you. Hoseok spends hours helping her picking up a dress. Harriet was cooking for you since 7.30 in the morning. If Harriet waking up at 7.30 to cook, can you imagine how early Henry needs to wake up for her? Sang..."

"Sang Wook is here?" Hyungwon is unconsciously cutting off his friend.

"Yes. Hyunwoo comes, with Sang Wook and the triplets. The triplets, Harriet, and Chessa is sleeping in my room," Minhyuk answered before he stands up and put Hyungwon shoes on the shelves. "Is something wrong?" he asked when he notices Hyungwon is reluctant to come in. Hyungwon did not answer, and Minhyuk knows the reason why precisely. He reaches out to hold Hyungwon's hand, "The older kids know what happened to you, Hyungwon. They saw it on the news. We can't lie to them, so we tell them everything. They spend days at your grandmother's house to accompany her after Jinho passed away. They are anxious about you too. That's why they are here today. They wanted to see you, to make sure you are really ok. Come on in."

"I..." Hyungwon paused when he sees Sang Wook is peeking from behind the wall.

Minhyuk turn around and tell Sang Wook to come to him, and he carried the boy so Sang Wook can match Hyungwon's eye level. "Uncle Hyungwon is shy to go in," he whispered.

"Uncle Won-ie must be feeling awkward to be home again after a long time, right?" Sang Wook said. "Should we go walk in the nearby park? Maybe it will help you to get comfortable again," he genuinely suggested.

Hyungwon shakes his head, "Let's just go inside. I will feel better after some time."

Minhyuk put Sang Wook down and let Sang Wook bring Hyungwon to his room. Instead of following them, Minhyuk joins the others in the living room.

"What happened?" Changkyun asked.

"He's not ready to face Sang Wook," Minhyuk answered as he throws himself to Hoseok, who is sitting next to Hyunwoo.

"Maybe I shouldn't come," Hyunwoo mumbles. "He blames himself for what happened to Kihyun. Looking at our children will make him feel more guilty. He didn't even look at me on the face anymore."

"Keeping your distance might make him feel worst," Changkyun said.

"Yeah, he might end up closing the door for you forever" Jooheon isn't really focusing on the conversation actually. He is still busy thinking what actually Hyungwon was doing at the prison.

"You stop reaching out for him, and you are as good as never existed," Hoseok added.

"I know. At times like this, I wish I am good at words so I can talk to him," Hyunwoo sighed. "Unless Kihyun wakes up, nothing will make Hyungwon feel better."

'The worst part of that, only Hyungwon know how to fix this," Hoseok sighed too.

They are all become quiet. It's been more than a month since Kihyun falls into his eternal sleep, and he still has not shown any sign of waking up. Luckily, Kihyun's recent test result comes back normal. There is no need to worry about his physiological condition. His psychological condition? It needs to be attended by a gifted psychologist, or a counselor, or psychiatrist, or whatever. They have brought Kihyun to meet a lot of doctors all over Korea for the past weeks. None of them know what is happening to him.

"Where are you going?" Changkyun asked when he sees Jinwoo is heading to the kitchen.

Jinwoo stopped, "I'm taking the porridge for Uncle Won-ie. It's almost his meds time."

"Is everything ok in there?" Hyunwoo asked out of curiosity.

"Not really," Jinwoo answered honestly.

"Do you need help?" Hoseok asked.

"No, Sang Wook, and I can handle it," Jinwoo answered confidently.

"Are you sure?" Jooheon and Minhyuk asked simultaneously.

"Well, don't put too much hope on me... but Sang Wook is really dependable" Jinwoo answered makes the adults look at him with their 'you are older than him though,' and he just chuckles. "I am not good at persuading, but I am great at protecting my family. I am like a guard dog, ok? I swim fast, I run fast, and I can bite too. I am very good at biting," he said proudly before he suddenly sounds like he is tired, "Can I go take the porridge now?"

"Sure," Changkyun gives his permission, and Jinwoo leaves at an instant. He turns around to look at Jooheon, "Did something happened at home when I wasn't around?"

"What do you mean?" Jooheon plays innocent.

"Why is our son claiming he is very good at biting?" Changkyun can see the 'Oh, no' expression on Jooheon's face. 'Tell me the truth, or I am going to show you where Henry learns that biting skill from" he threatened.

"Well, you haven't bitten me for a while now," Jooheon casually replied, making Changkyun throwing a T-rex plushy to him.

"Dada, be nice," Jinwoo said as he heads to Hyungwon's room with the porridge and a jug of water.

Changkyun clears his throat as he sits appropriately again.

"If our kid ever grows up and becomes violent, they got that from you," Jooheon said as he takes a look at the T-rex plushy, "You are cute," he said and hugged it.

"But, on a serious note... why is he claiming that he is very good at biting?" Hyunwoo asked.

"He gets a fight with a friend after school because this one boy is making fun of Harriet. It's been a while, a few months ago," Jooheon accidentally blurts out. He knows Changkyun is throwing him a glare, but he ignores him.

"Why?" Hoseok sounds like he will go and find these boys at this moment.

"Can I not tell? Because I'm pretty sure I am going to get beaten up for this," Jooheon unconsciously act cute.

"Confess now, or you can sleep on the couch tonight," Changkyun simply said.

"Harriet had her menarche, and there were stained on her skirts. The boys were making fun of that" Jooheon confessed and immediately feeling something sharp on his shoulder - Changkyun is biting him hard. "You are going to tear my flesh" he struggles to release himself and stop himself from screaming due to the pain, at the same time.

"Gosh, in my eyes... she still a little girl," Minhyuk mumbles.

"It's been five years since Changkyun and Jooheon adopted them, right?" Hyunwoo asked as he was counting in his head. "Harriet was eight at that time, and Henry was 10."

"Their 14th and 16th birthday is coming soon," Minhyuk answered.

"What is menarche?" Hoseok asked out of confusion. Something about Changkyun's reaction tells him that 'menarche' is something essential, and he can't help but wonder why Hyunwoo starts counting the children's age.

"First menstrual," both Hyunwoo and Minhyuk simply answered.

"Our Harriet is no longer a little girl. She's a lady," Hyunwoo said as he smiles happily.

"You should brace yourself. We are going to face this too," Minhyuk said as he cuddles more onto the shocked Hoseok.

"How can Jooheon forget to tell Changkyun such important stuff like that?" Hoseok asked in disbelief.

"That's why we are going to let them be. He deserves to be bitten," Minhyuk said.

Hyunwoo just laughed. Hoseok frowned because Changkyun is really not holding himself back with the biting punishment.

Unlike the chaos in the living room, the situation in Hyungwon's room is calm.

"Harriet specially cook this for you, uncle. She even asked approval from Uncle Sunho," Sang Wook said as he feeds his Uncle Hyungwon the porridge.

"Yes, she falls asleep because she was busy searching for the recipe two days ago. She ended up call Uncle Sunho to asked what food is allowed for you to eat" Jinwoo added from the study desk, he is doing his homework on his Uncle Hyungwon working desk.

"Why are you guys so nice to me?" Hyungwon mumbles, but it was loud enough for Sang Wook to hear him.

"Why are you so sad, uncle?" Sang Wook said he put the bowl of porridge on the nightstand. "Is it because you are saved?" he asked gently.

Hyungwon frowned at Sang Wook's question.

"When I find out that you are sick, I asked God to give you the grace He has given to me... and He sends my mama to help you. Papa said you blame yourself for what happened to mama. But, it was me who asked for it," Sang Wook explained. "Mama come to see me in my dream often. Mama is ok, Uncle Hyungwon. Mama is just spending some time with Dasom-ie. I am not upset at all. You shouldn't be too," he continued.

"You asked God to give me your grace?" Hyungwon is holding back his tears. "You didn't know your mother is your grace, aren't you?" he pulls Sang Wook into a hug.

Sang Wook shakes his head as he hugs his uncle back. "After all the things mama has done for me, of course, I know mama is the biggest grace God has blessed me with. Mama told me that he wasn't going to raise me. Mama said he wanted to leave me with papa because he wasn't sure he could take care of me. But, he stays because Uncle Hyungwon convinces him to... because of you, I have both of my parents and my three little brothers now. I love you, Uncle Hyungwon. If I know, I will be making you sad like this, I would ask God to help you differently. I am sorry, Uncle Hyungwon."

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Sang Wook-ah" Hyungwon burst into tears, he hugs Sang Wook tighter.

"Can we still play like before?" Sang Wook asked for a confirmation that he is really forgiven.

"Of course, we can. I will play with you anytime, anywhere you want," Hyungwon answered as he tries to stop himself from crying. He notices Jinwoo is looking at them with a sad look on his face, and he gestured for him to come closer.

Jinwoo approaches the bed and joins the hug, "Uncle don't be sick alone anymore. We grow up now, and you can lean on us now."

Hyungwon just nodded as he hugs both children as tight as he can.