First Part: The Separation

DESTINY

"Are you sick, Nana?" Si Woo asked innocently. He has caught the caretaker taking a bunch of pill for a few times now. But, for some reason, he never picked up any discomfort sensation from the caretaker. Actually, he barely picked up any sensation from the caretaker. Among all people he had met, the caretaker is one of the most stable emotional and physically stable. Maybe that is why he never really picked up anything from her. 

"I am not sick, Si Woo. It just I am very old. I need to take a lot of supplement to maintain my health so that I can take care of you well" Madam Na said as she pulls Si Woo into a hug. "You know what? I can't wait to see you grow up. I wonder how much your ability would develop." 

Si Woo releases himself and takes a look at the caretaker face for a moment. "The therapist said I might lose this ability as I am growing up. Do you think I will have this ability until I grow up?" 

"What about you? Tell me what you think about it" Madam Na notices the sad expression on Si Woo face. 

"I want to lose it. I want to go out, being around people and not to feel their sadness or painful experience" Si Woo answered honestly. "I want to greet Kihyun with a hug every time I see him too." 

Madam Na cannot help but feel a little sad too, "You like Kihyun?" she received a slow nod. "Do you love him?" 

Si Woo looks at Madam Na with a blank face. "What is love, Nana?" 

"Love is a feeling when you care and always want the best for the other" Madam Na answered. 

"I love Kihyun. I love Daniel too. Dayoung-ie nuna too. I love you too" Si Woo answered happily. "I want all of us to be happy and healthy all the time." 

"Si Woo... when you pick up people senses around you - did you only sense their negative emotion?" 

"No, but people often have a strong bad feeling than a good one" Si Woo sighed. "I hope people will have a stronger good feeling than a bad one. Do you think I can make that change, Nana?"

"I think you can do anything you want" Madam Na smiles. 

Si Woo smiles brightly too. Then, he remembers something. "Oh! I left Daniel alone" he immediately left the caretaker room and goes to his room where he left Daniel earlier. "Where did he go?" he looks around when he sees his room is empty. Just before Si Woo leaving his room to search for Daniel, he suddenly feels something sharp around his ankle. "Has Kihyun and Dayoung-ie nuna come back from the market already?" he asked as slowly goes down the stairs. 

The front door is wide open. 

"Kihyun and Dayoung-ie nuna never left the door open," Si Woo said as he walks to the door. That's when he sees Daniel is walking with his ankle bleeding. "Daniel!" he goes to him. "What happened?" he asked - a bit panicked.

"I don't know" Daniel answered with a flat emotion in his voice. "Dayoung-ie nuna probably forgot to lock the gate. The wind blows it open. So, I go out to lock it" he explained. 

Si Woo kneels to check the wound. It's tiny but quite deep. "I don't think you should walk. Get on my back. I will carry you inside" he said as he turns to back facing Daniel. 

Daniel did not say anything back. He hops on as instructed. "You are really strong" he complimented. 

"You are just small and light," Si Woo said as he carried Daniel to the treatment room. "Stay here. I will ask Nana to clean your wound." Si Woo left the room and goes to the caretaker who is in the kitchen - probably preparing their lunch.

Meanwhile... 

"Kihyun, did your father call you?" Dayoung asked as both of them walking home. 

"Yes. He said he can't pick me up yet. Mother is still not feeling well. Father said he already informed my teacher. Since I am attending the classes with Si Woo and Daniel at our home, my teacher said it is ok for me not to attend school for now" Kihyun asked. 

"I heard from Nana that your mother beat you up really bad because you have your first menstrual, right?" Dayoung mindlessly said. 

Kihyun pouts a little when he thinks about that. "Nuna, am I cursed?"

Dayoung looks at Kihyun with a surprised expression. "No. Who told you that?" 

"I heard my parents talking. Mother said she should just kill me right after I was born" Kihyun sound really sad, "I make my mother sick, and I am cursed."

"No, Kihyun. Just because you are different, it doesn't mean you are cursed. I told you before... God gave His best when He made you for your parents. Your mother doesn't realize that yet. Your mother probably asking for a son, but what she really needs is a daughter. That's why God made you this way.  He wanted to give her the best. Those medications your take doesn't work because you are already perfect... " Dayoung paused a bit, "... In the God eyes" she continued. 

Hearing what Dayoung said, Kihyun is happy again. "Last night, Si Woo said if no one marries me... he will marry me" he giggles because he finds it funny. 

"Will you marry him?" Dayoung asked with a smile. She's been suspecting that Si Woo like Kihyun is a bit more than just a friend since the two have been knowing together for some time now. A classic love story, she thought. She teases the boy for a few times, but Si Woo insisted it because Kihyun is his first and best friend. 

"No, because he is clairsentient. He should marry someone like Daniel, so he won't feel anything around him all the time" Kihyun answered seriously. 

Dayoung laughed a little. 'Why is he sound so old?' she thought to himself. 

"I will open the gate for you, Nuna" Kihyun said as he runs to the gate. When he pushed open the gate, he feels something sharp cutting through his ankle. He stopped and looked down to what it is. 

Seeing Kihyun suddenly bleeding, Dayoung put down the groceries bag on the ground and rushes to the boy. Luckily, she noticed the fine wires around Kihyun ankle and told the boy to stop moving. She carefully removes the wires which are attached to the gate - it doesn't matter whether the gate will be open from outside or inside, someone is bound to get hurt by the wire every time the gate is open. "Luckily, you don't get cut deep," she said after checking the wound on Kihyun's ankle.

"I stopped because I feel something sharp. Daniel will get hurt seriously, right? Because he cannot feel anything" Kihyun said. 

"Next time, I will walk in front of you. It is easier to protect you like that. Though you cannot feel right, I bet that still stings" Dayoung is touched that Kihyun thinks about Daniel when the fact he is the one who got hurt right now. 

"I just want to help because you are already carrying the heavy groceries, nuna" Kihyun replied. 

"Kihyun-ah, listen to me" Dayoung cup the boy's face, she smiles a little worried Kihyun will think she is scolding him. "In life, the older one is always responsible for protecting the young one. I am older. So, I will protect you. You... the younger one, need to shower me with love so I can get more energy to protect you" she said. 

Kihyun nodded. "I will, Nuna. Thank you" he smiles too. 

"Let me go pick up the bags first. Then, let's go inside walking very slowly, so you don't make your wound worst. Okay?" 

Kihyun nodded again.

Later that night... 

While the boys are watching the television, Dayoung is watching over them. She has a lot of thing coming through her mind. Especially about both Daniel and Kihyun got the same injury today. 

"What are you thinking about?" Madam Na asked as she joins the girl at the stairs. They can see the three boys in the living room very well from where they are sitting. 

"Si Woo said when Daniel got hurt today, he picked up his sensation. How can Si Woo pick up Daniel sense when Daniel is feeling it himself?" Dayoung asked. 

"Kihyun doesn't feel well too. But, Si Woo picks up almost everything he feels." Madam Na replied. "I know you are thinking about something else. What is it?" she continued. 

Dayoung exhales heavily. "What if the wires are there is their doing? Maybe they installed it to see if Daniel still the same after whatever experiment they have conducted on him?" she asked. 

"My friend from the Hope Foundation is coming tonight. She said she would bring her team along. Even if it is, everything will be fine as long as we are careful" Madam Na wraps her arms around Dayoung, "The help is coming for you and Daniel, Dayoung. Both of you will be okay" she soothes the girl. 

Dayoung leaning to Madam Na shoulder. She watches Daniel talking with Kihyun and Si Woo in the living room. Daniel does not laugh as happily as the other two, but he still looks delighted. His facial expression is a lot brighter than before. She wonders if she will keep seeing that expression even after they leave this house.

The phone rings. 

"I need to pick that up," Madam Na said before leave to the working room where the phone is located. 

Dayoung keeps staring at the three boys. As she keeps staring at them, she notices her view is getting smoky. Something clicked in her mind, and she immediately goes to the boys. 

"Nuna, is something burning here?" Daniel asked when he sees his sister coming. 

"Boys, go hide," Dayoung said instead. 

"Why?" Daniel asked. 

"What happened, nuna?" Kihyun asked. 

"They are here," Si Woo said. 

"Who?" Dayoung asked, sound anxious. 

"Those people who always park in front of our house" Si Woo answered. 

Dayoung looks terrified. Kihyun looks confused. Daniel is just expressionless. 

Si Woo, who can feel what kind of feeling going through Dayoung, take the initiatives to take Daniel with him and goes to the storeroom. He makes Daniel sit at the corner of the room, which is hidden from sight range. "Stay here, okay? Don't go out unless any one of us come here" he said and left Daniel there. 

*************************

When Madam Na opens her eyes, she becomes confused when she sees her friend face. 

"The children are gone." 

Madam Na feels her heartbreaks is broken to million pieces. 

"They used a sleeping gas. It's taking a toll on us the adult a lot faster than the children. It's not your fault."

Madam Na breaks into tears. "What am I suppose to tell the parents?" 

"Well, this isn't supposed to be good a thing.. but, the Chae's doesn't care about Si Woo anymore. Mr Yoo is out for a business trip. He won't be coming back until early next month. Madam Yoo is still in treatment. Her hope to have a son is crushed when her interse-x child had his first menarche two weeks ago. She's really at her breaking point right now. Guess, we can be worried about her later on. My team is tracking them right now. Don't worry much, okay." 

"They come for Daniel why did they take all of them?" Madam Na sits up, feeling a bit calmer than when she receives the news. Her head still hurts, and everything around her still looks a bit spinning. 

"Look at their artwork; this is not something done by an amateur. My guess the group hiring a professional and these people have no idea what or how Daniel's look like. The pro usually refuses to meet face to face and always minimize to reduce contact, so their communication doesn't get tracked. The wires incident is probably for them to make the recognition process. Im Daniel couldn't feel pain is the biggest hint. But, Yoo Kihyun is pretty much the same. For safety, they take both of them. Based on what you have told me, I pretty sure Dayoung and Si Woo are high likely won't just stay still."

"Do you think they are okay?" Madam Na asked. 

"My team already scan the area. There is no sign of injuries, but there was a sign of struggle. Based on the mess pattern, I think it's Si Woo. That boy is clairsentient, right?" 

"What about him?" Madam Na frowned a little.

"Nothing. Just asking. I've met a clairsentient before—a rescue operation in Perth. A girl who is sold for a prosti-tution. These people are scary, you know? Especially, a high manifested clairsentient - those who understand how their ability work. Like the girl we saved. She can bend her ability as her wish. Some even go ashtray and do some nasty stuff out of curiosity. It takes effort and courage to take take care of kids like him. I can understand why the Chae's give up on him. I am proud of you for keeping him on his ground." 

"Chae Si Woo was lost when I first meet him. He was full of anger, disappointment... that was the first time I see such a young boy with so many emotion raging inside of him. I don't know what to do. I said yes to take care of him because it's a challenge for me. I used to treat him like some practices tool to help me improves," Madam Na sighed. "He was on the edge of exploding, but Kihyun. neutralize the bomb." Madam Na exhales heavily as she remembers those days. "It's a shame on us the adult you know. A kid who is growing up with hatred like Yoo Kihyun is more capable in making Chae Si Woo's accepting himself for who he is. A boy who grows up getting beaten up all his life is more competent in making Im Daniel feel more emotion" she sighed again. 

"Well, isn't that why you keep taking care of him even after you retired? He keeps your reality check." 

Madam Na smiles a little. "Yoo Kihyun reminds me that no matter how much unfairness is going on in today's world... even a tiny person like him can make this world a better place for someone else. I am bigger, and I am older, I can make a lot more than he can" she wipes her tears, "I don't want a lot of things. I just hope these children will grow up and touches lives around them like they have touched mine."

"We will find them. I swear I will bring these children back to you safely."

"Please. Their parents may refuse to acknowledge their existence. But, these children are important to me." Madam Na pleaded. 

A knock on the door. 

"Madam Na, do you own a dog?" it is someone from the Hope Foundation asking. 

"No. Why?" Madam Na stands up and goes to the man with her friend following behind her. 

"There is a dog in front of the door. It keeps moving back and forth... barking, seem like it wants us to follow him." 

Madam Na goes down to check on the dog. She knows the dog very well. "This dog belongs to the man living two houses away from here. It becomes a stray dog after both of its owner passed away. When Kihyun wasn't around, it will come here and plays with Si Woo. I haven't seen it coming here for a while. I thought someone takes it or it was dead" she explains as she approaches the dog. 

"You let the kid playing with a stray dog? That's dangerous. You do not know if the dog is infected or something" Madam Na friend's comment. 

"It's Chae Si Woo. He knows better than any of us" Madam Na patted the dog head gently, "You are here because of Si Woo, right? Do you know where he is?" she asked.

 The dog barked. 

Madam Na turns to looks at her friend. 

"Fine. Let's follow the dog."