Part 68

DESTINY

When Minhyuk push the door of Hoseok's ward, the first thing he notices is the visitor and wanted to retreat. However, his presence is already acknowledged - when his name is called, he cannot help but wonder how can the person know him - just to realize the visitor is Madam Han Hyejin, Chae Hyungwon's grandmother. "What are you doing here, Madam Han?" he asked as he approaches her.

"I come for a check up and then heard that Lawyer Lee got hospitalized. So, I come to visit before I go home" Hyejin explained as she smiles at the Obgyn. "You look like you haven't slept for days. It must be tough for you to manage the company and saving people life at the same time. Should I hire extra staff for you?"

"You don't have to. I am doing fine" Minhyuk pick up Hoseok's chart. He goes through it quietly, "His stress hormone is too high. No wonder his insulin production is messed up. I bet this isn't his first hypo" he got lost in his own thought. Unaware of Hyejin's worried look on him.

"How about you sit here?" Hyejin give up the chair for the doctor, worried that he might pass out soon.

Minhyuk quickly put down the chart and make Hyejin sit back on the chair. "It's ok. I can sit here" he sit on the edge of the bed. "How was your medical check up? Is everything ok?"

"Just the usual thing, Dr. Lee. They said my heart is weak, so I should manage my stress well" Hyejin sighed. "I heard that a lot for years, but I am still here... probably going to outlive everyone"

Minhyuk is starting to get anxious. The way Hyejin said what she said - seem like she is hinting about something. Does she find out about Hyungwon?

"Si Woo trusted you with his life. Do you mind if I do the same?" Hyejin said after a moment of thinking.

"If you want to" Minhyuk replied without thinking much.

"Dr. Lee...'" Hyejin paused, re-thinking about her decision. "This may be a bit shocking for you. But, I really need to talk to someone about them"

Minhyuk just nodded, all ears and giving full attention to the women.

"Beside Si Woo and Yeji, I have another two grandson - Kwon Jinho and Baek Juyoon" Hyejin started.

Both names were mentioned by Kihyun, Minhyuk thought.

"Si Woo's mother, my daughter in law - she gives birth to another two sons without anyone knowing. I helped her to hide their birth" Hyejin continued - her heart aches every time she think about the past. "Jihoon and Jinyoung are blessed with Yeji after years of struggling with infertility. She was their world, even before she was born. They are just desperate to save their world and that's why they forced Si Woo conception. I feel so guilty every time I think about Si Woo. He spends so much time in the hospital, fighting for his life alone - he was premature, very delicate and prone to infection, we weren't allowed to visit him for months. This may sound petty of me, but I think that is how we developed a habit of ignoring him and things become even worse after Yeji passed away"

Minhyuk is quiet. He can understand why Hyungwon was treated the way he do, but he still frustrated at them. No bonding at birth is not really an excuse for ignoring your own blood and flesh. With some effort, bond can be created by time - proven true in adoption case.

"Maybe that is why God gives him such ability. To protect himself from more heartbreak"

Minhyuk make a mental note to ask about this later.

"A part of me think that God let me live this long so I can repent. Another part of me think it's because I have no place in the afterlife, I obviously cannot go to heaven after what I did and is too bad to go to hell"

"Why are you saying so?" Minhyuk cannot help but get curious.

"After Yeji is born, Jinyoung and Jihoon spend so much time taking care of her. So, I often blame her for the company crisis. Never said it out loud, but I think about it a lot. You know we almost went bankrupt in the past, right?" Hyejin receives a nod from the surgeon. "It was just a luck that Jinyoung manages to save the company and... " she exhales heavily, "I thought it was a luck. But, it was actually a tragedy. For the sake of the company, she let her pride taken from her. I didn't blame her. I know people are willing to do anything in desperate situation and she was desperate to help Jihoon. It just... I hope thing were different"

"What happened?" Minhyuk carefully asked.

"Jinyoung asked help from his ex-boyfriend. He agrees to help with one condition, one night stand for the hundreds dollar fund. Then, she got pregnant with Juyoon. She was told she can no longer get pregnant after Si Woo, but she did and she called it a miracle. She gives the baby her surname and tell everyone that Baek Juyoon is her nephew. Jihoon was too busy stabilizing the company that he barely comes home - he didn't even notice his wife was pregnant and give birth to another man's child. I keep it a secret because Jinyoung asked me to - and I probably do it because I felt I owed it to her. She go through so much for our family business. Jihoon and Jinyoung marriage is falling apart after Yeji passed away. Jihoon spend more time and work and Jinyoung become lonely - she started cheating on her husband. I know about this and I let it happen - they were grieving and I thought everyone have different way to deal with their heartbroken. Because of my stupid decision, Jinyoung got pregnant... trying to fix my mistake, I told her to give up the baby for adoption. She was relunctant,but eventually did it. Fate is very weird though. The baby got adopted by Jihoon's secretary. His name is Kwon Jinho and he is the only one who grows up in front of my eyes"

"How about Baek Juyoon?"

"Juyoon and I got separated during our vacation. I searched for him everywhere, but he was never found. It's been years, but I still believe he still alive and I just hope he has a better family that we are" Hyejin answered.

"So, it's only you and Hyungwon's late mother know about them?"

Hyejin nodded. "Jinyoung kept both birth secret from her boyfriend. Jihoon after Yeji's passed away, he just don't really care anymore. But... I think Si Woo know. He's a clairsentient - he can pick up emotional and physical sensation as if he picking up trash on the street. I bet he can tell from the sensation he picked up from his mother. I am sure he left home because he can feel what I feel about him too. I don't know how to deal with him, so sometimes I wish I can just send him away forever. I am a worst grandmother anyone can have"

"Wait. He is a clairsentient?" Minhyuk cannot belief of what he just heard.

"He didn't tell you?" Hyejin is a bit taken aback - she hopes she didn't ruin their relationship with this secret revealed.

"He did. Jokingly, once" Minhyuk takes a deep breath, taking his time to process the whole thing. "When was he diagnosed?"

"After Yeji passed away. I notice he becomes weak day by day and bring him for a check up. There was no physical explanation to his condition and they refer him to a child counselor. He was sick because of the negative feeling he was surrounded with"

Minhyuk sighed, "Is that why he got sent away?"

"A part of it, yes. We were told there is a woman who have experienced raising a child like Si Woo which might help him to stabilize his emotion and all, we asked her for help. Another reason is we don't want him to become his father punch bag. Jihoon emotion is getting out of control everyday that he starts to become abusive"

"Bottle up your feeling is not going to make the pain go away. It will only make the pain worse. Very- it might even take away yourself from you"

Minhyuk was reminded of Hyungwon words to him years ago and he also remembered he replied to him with 'you are just exaggerating'. Then, he realized something. "You said Kwon Jinho is the only one growing up in front of your eyes. I didn't see him at the funeral. He still doesn't know?"

"He knows. I tell him when I asked him to stay with me after his adopted mother passed away" Hyejin takes a deep breath. "I haven't said a word to anyone, but I think what happened recently got something to do with Jinyoung's boyfriend"

"What about him?"

"One day, Jihoon announced he wanted to make amends with Si Woo and wanted to search for him. Jinho had a slip tongue. He said Si Woo is happy and we shouldn't disturb him. Jihoon wonder why would Jinho search for Si Woo and Jinyoung decided to come clean. Jihoon was mad and decided to cut all ties with the CHA Gro.." Hyejin paused at the slip tongue.

"Chairman Cha Juhyeon is the father?" Minhyuk asked. He met the man few times before, during the corporate event - called him prejudice, but he dislikes the man from their very first sight.

"It's just what I think. I mean he has a reason - with the share he have, together with the support of the BOD, he can take over JJ Group easily" Hyejin try to make a fix, "I already have a bad impression of him, I got suspicious of him all the time"

Minhyuk is suppose to focusing on Cha Juhyeon issue right now, but his mind randomly playing Kihyun's voice in his head - the 'I will let you feel me' part. "Sorry, but I got to go" he said as he take Hoseok's phone from the drawer and left the ward. He was running to his car when Jooheon is calling for him.

"Minhyuk-ah, where are you going?" Jooheon asked, as he approaching Minhyuk who make an abrupt stop at his voice.

"I have to go check on something" Minhyuk stopped - noticing that Jooheon is holding Hyunwoo's phone. "Why do you have that?"

"I was looking for Hyunwoo to tell him about Hyungwon. But, there is a situation in the ER - their suicidal patient from this morning is missing. He dropped his phone while rushing and I picked it up. There was a notification, which says the airbag system activated. I thought his car was hit or something. I just checked and its fine. Just some false alert I guess" Jooheon explained.

Minhyuk become more anxious that he just left without saying anything to Jooheon. He starts his car and is about to drive away when Jooheon suddenly hop in.

"Hoseok passed out. Hyungwon just come back from life. Kihyun is out of reach. Let's not add you into the list" Jooheon said. "What is happening here, Minhyuk?"

"I am going to Kihyun"

"He called you?" Jooheon asked, but then he notices Minhyuk's car GPS is connected to Hoseok's phone. After Kihyun's got abducted, everyone know Hoseok have been tracking Kihyun's where about every now and then. The corporate lawyer makes his partner wear a tracking device on his shirt if Kihyun ever going anywhere alone. Hyunwoo too, he installed a car monitoring device in Kihyun's car for precaution. He gasped - the car monitor, the alert. Now, he understands what Minhyuk mean with 'I am going to Kihyun'.

Meanwhile....

Hyejin heard a clicking sound as she is leaving. There is something behind the curtain. She carefully approaches - pull the curtain away, revealing a man who looks pretty high. "What are you doing here? Do you need help?" she asked gently.

"How can you know about my family?" 

Hyejin frowned. 

"No one know Si Woo hyung is a clairsentient. Who are you?"

Hyejin is confused. The fact that this stranger knows that Si Woo is a clairsentient make her curious. Even, Dr. Lee Minhyuk who is practically 'married' to Si Woo did not know about this.

"How can you know about my Jinho?"

Hyejin did not answer the question. She just quietly scans the man and notices the birth mark behind the stranger's ears - a mark that she thinks about a lot for years, it is a shape of a 'heart'. "Juyoon - ie?" she called and that man is finally looking at her. He suddenly kneels and pleading to Hyejin.

"Please, let me go. Jinho is waiting for me. I just going to meet him. I won't tell anyone. Just tell father you didn't see me. He won't be mad at you if he didn't know"

Hyejin moves closer to calm down the man. Everything he said is making Hyejin curious. "Who is your father, Yoyo?" Hyejin questioned make the stanger stop for a moment - they are looking at each other eyes.

"Only my grandmother calls me that. Who are you?"

Hyejin starts tearing. The name was a slip tongue - she even called Baek Juyoon as Yoyo in her thought. It was a habit and she didn't even realized she was saying that name out loud.

"Madam Han?"

Hyejin turn around to Hoseok looking at her - the lawyer is weak but awake. 

"Is everything ok?" Hoseok force himself to sit up - grunting in the process. He sees the stranger kneeling on the floor. "Come here, Madam Han. He might hurt you" he press the alert button on the wall. 

"Lawyer Lee..." Hyejin is looking at the stranger again, "... I think I just found my lost grandson" she continued. 

Hoseok squinted his eyes to look better and unconsciously goes, "That's not Hyungwon. He had a seizure this morning, need a brain surgery" making Hyejin look at him with her round shocked eyes. Completely unaware of what he has just done.

**************************************

"I told you he's a psychic" Jooheon commented after hearing Minhyuk explanation. "It makes me sadder that he left because he know he isn't welcome in his family. The version he left because he was rebelling is much better" he sighed as he take a look outside the car.

"Right, we are all a rebel at one point of our life" Minhyuk replied.

A towing car is passing by, "Minhyuk, look" Jooheon pointed to it.

Minhyuk look at the direction Jooheon is pointing as he slows down at the red light.

"Isn't that Kihyun's car?" Jooheon asked, disliking the view of how wrecked the car is.

The car is completed wrecked - like a can crashed for recycling. There is no way the car can be fixed. But, the car registration number is still readable and they both can remember Kihyun's car number by heart.

"The heck you have done Yoo Kihyun" Minhyuk said as he watches the towing car passing by them - in horror.

*****************************

"This is Dr. Daniel Im. The surgeon who is in charge of Chae Hyungwon surgery" Hyunwoo said as soon as Changkyun entered Hoseok's ward.

Changkyun is a bit confused, but the fact that Hyunwoo used his alias mean this is a serious matter. Ever since, they have brought Hyungwon here from the Hope Foundation - they have been hiding Hyungwon presence from everyone. Oly few trusted staff knows about Hyungwon, which is why Hyungwon is only allowed to leave his ward during weekend - when most of the staff are off.

"This is Madam Han Hyejin and Owen Grey. Chae Hyungwon grandmother and half brother" Hoseok added.

Changkyun is shocked, but he maintained a poker face. "So, I guess you are calling me here to ask about him?" he plays it cool. A part of him wonder if Hoseok heard about what happened, another part of him wonder if Jooheon have told Hyunwoo about what happened - the trauma surgeon is still looking down.

"Is he ok?" Owen Grey asked.

"We are told that he had a blood clot in his brain and got a seizure this morning" Hyejin added.

Changkyun take a glance at Hoseok then at Hyunwoo before he starts answering the question. "He is fine. The surgery is successful, the clot is removed" Changkyun smiles a little. "He come back" he added when Hyunwoo is looking at him in disbelief making the other three confuse. "The seizure is not because of the blood clot. The part of brain which triggered the seizure is the part of brain which control our emotion, which mean his seizure is caused by some emotional distress" he continued.

"So, he is going to be really ok?" Owen Grey asked.

"So far, he is responding to the treatment well. But, I really can't say much until he wakes up" Changkyun answered honestly.

The room become quite for a moment.

Changkyun wonder about a lot of thing, but barely have strenght to ask. Hyunwoo is holding back his grateful tears. Hoseok is still trying to figure things out. Hyejin is still in disbelief that her Yoyo is really standing next to her. With the sedative wear off, Owen Grey can think more clearly now.

"You are the recipient, right?" Owen Grey asked.

"Sorry?" Changkyun said.

"I remember your name" Owen Grey pointed at the name on the neurosurgeon white jacket. "Si Woo hyung told me stories about his little family when I saw the scar on his body. He said it was because he donate his liver to his baby brother. He gives nicknames to all of you - Sohn Hyunwoo, the leader. Lee Hoseok, the love interest. Lee Minhyuk, the soul mate. Yoo Kihyun, the my reflection. Lee Jooheon, the cutie pie. Im Changkyun, the look tough but kind hearted baby" he remembered the smiles on his brother face when they were talking about it. "Im Changkyun is your Korean name? Or, you are wearing somebody else jacket?"

Changkyun starts tearing, but manage to hold his tears. "Daniel Lim is just an alias" he answered with a shaky voice.

"He worried about you the most. It's good to see you are ok even after seeing him like that"

Changkyun force a little smile. "Did you remember those nickname well? I think you are mistaken Yoo Kihyun for someone else because they fight a lot" he tried to change the topic.

"You secretly search for me when you are in confinement?" Hyungwon asked. "Should I feel touched or should I apologize to the triplets for taking your attention away from them?"

"How about you start taking this situation seriously? Someone who did this to you is still out there. This is a serious. Your car..." Kihyun stopped talking when Hyungwon suddenly hugging him.

"You can't stand my presence around you, but you can feel me when I am a far from you, huh?" Hyungwon said. "Apparently, you don't hate me as you said you are"

"I would be able to love you more if you stop trying to get into my mind every time we talk" Kihyun replied as he hug back. "I promise to be your support system. How can you choose to disappear?"

"I wasn't and you are already fulfilling your promise"

Changkyun suddenly thought about yesterday - during their briefing session. Then, he thinks about the phone call earlier and instantly become an uneasy. "Well, I would like to stay and catching up... but, I have a work to do. So, I will let you know when it is ok for visitation" he said and exited the ward. He tries to call Jooheon, no answer. He tries to call Kihyun, straight to the voice mail. He was so focused on his phone that he ended up bumped to someone. "I am so sorry" he said as he helps the person to collect the scattered papers on the floor. He paused - he had seen this hand writing before.

"Can I have that?"

Changkyun look at the person who is asking for the paper he is holding. It's Dr. Jee Heejun, the senior psychologist of their psychology department.

"Are you ok, Dr. Im? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Is this your handwriting?" Changkyun asked instead.

"Of course. This is my treatment plan. Can I have it back?"

Changkyun gives the paper back to the psychologist. He then rushes to his laboratory. Hyungwon medical record is pretty much everywhere on the table. He picked up a paper, then gasped. The handwriting on the paper, Chae Si Woo fake medical record and the handwriting of Dr. Jee - both are the same.