Strong Heart

Dating Bans and Mistaken Identities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

44.

 

The anxiety that Donghae and Dara felt as they made their way towards the filming studio could almost rival the nervousness they felt during their first debut stage as idols.

They met the other celebrity guests backstage, also waiting for their cue to enter one by one.

Dara noticed that most of the guests were actresses and actors who got married to each other.

She also noticed that the entertainer HaHa was present with his pretty wife Byul.

"Hey, man." Donghae greeted Junhyung, who suddenly appeared with his girlfriend Hara.

After they had their pleasantries, Donghae introduced Dara to the couple.

Hara decided to stick to Dara when the two guys continued their conversation.

"Hi, unnie. So, I guess we're the only idol couples here." Hara nonchalantly mentioned.

Dara nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it makes me even more nervous."

Hara reassured Dara, saying that it was going to be alright.

The older smiled at the latter, grateful. They could hear the booming voice of the hosts and the background music, finally announcing the entrance of the couple guests.

"We introduce you to the celebrity couples that will make your Tuesday night extra sweet!"

The voice resonated all over the studio, successfully getting the audience riled up in anticipation.

Dara and Donghae parted from the other idol couple when the staff started to arrange them to enter one couple at a time.

The entrance toward the studio opened, and each of the couples entered whenever their names were called.

The Strong Heart audience were noisy, obviously excited as each couple came in.

Dara noted that she and Donghae were the last ones to appear.

Donghae gripped Dara's hand and smiled at her. She managed to smile back, wanting to give reassurance to the idol.

The two exhaled before wearing their smiling faces reserved for filming.

They came out once the announcer started to introduce them with exaggerated praise.

The audience went wild, even the hosts and the other guests looked surprised at the reaction.

The two idols looked sheepish as they went towards their couple seat.

"Celebrity Couple Special! It starts now!" The booming, husky voice of the announcer resonated all over the studio.

"Wow, really. The studio is not really excited for this episode, huh?" Kang Hodong commented jokingly with a grin on his face.

Everyone laughed as Seunggi replied. "Not really, I mean, there's no reaction at all."

"Boom, how do you feel, seeing all these celebrity couples?" Hodong asked Boom.

"Ah, I'm so envious, really. But I'm especially envious of HaHa because we're the same, and yet he found a beautiful wife."

HaHa immediately retorted, pretending to be offended that Boom was comparing himself to HaHa.

The banter elicited laughter from everyone in the studio, and soon, Dara relaxed in her seat.

She urged herself to be at ease, telling herself that she has been a guest in the show before.

Donghae noticed her putting a 'game-face' on, and his the corner of his lips turn up into a smile.

He reached out for her hand unconsciously, but the little action was noticed by the hosts.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt but I see that a couple here is being sweet with each other." Hodong teased.

"Yah, I'm getting really envious of the couples here." Seunggi piped up in tandem with the other.

The couple reddened when the whole studio cooed over them. Dara cringed slightly.

Dammit. I didn't want to be the center of attention. She thought inwardly.

The two laughed nervously. "Hyung it's not our turn yet." Donghae chided playfully at the hosts.

Thankfully, the two seamlessly focused their attention back to the other couples.

Pretty soon the studio was filled with shock, giddiness and laughter from all the stories the guests shared.

But tension caught up with Dara and Donghae when it was finally their turn in telling a story.

"Oh, what's written on your board?’The Best Case of Mistaken Identity'?" Hodong started.

Dara looked at their board and true enough, it was written like that. She had been too anxious that she wasn't able to help Donghae in thinking up a title.

"Yes." The two said in unison, and a couple of guests expressed their curiosity. "Oohh..."

Seunggi keeps the ball rolling by asking them why it was titled that.

"Well, as many of us are aware, there was an internet rumor about me and Dara on a late night date, backed up with photos and it caused quite a stir. But it turned out that it was just her and Amber." Donghae began.

"Oh... Amber! She resembles you alot, really." Hodong remarked, his tone of voice managing to elicit a few chuckles from the audience.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter