Beautiful Mess

Dating Bans and Mistaken Identities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

32.

 

DONGHAE POV

Oh man.

I messed up.

Big time.

God, I am so stupid.

Capital I D I O T. 

I realize that now. 

Now that all my members are looking at me disapprovingly. Wait. No. Not all. Heechul hyung is looking at me menacingly. I swallow nervously.

But like normal man with an ego, I pretended that they weren't. "Oh, you're home." I said, my voice cracking. So much for being confident.

"Donghae-" Eunhyuk started, but Heechul hyung interrupted him and said, "Guys, I need to talk to Donghae alone."

"But-" Eunhyuk tried again, obviously knowing that once they left the room, Heechul hyung has every power to kill me.

"Please?" Heechul asked, and the members scrambled to leave. Kim Heechul never says please to anyone. Well, except to very old people.

So now that he said the magic word, the members freaked out and left. I hope I was allowed to leave. But I wasn't.

Because I'm the one who'll feel the wrath of Kim Heechul.

Hyung motioned towards the dining table, and numbly, I followed him as he sat down. The fact that he was so silent creeped me out.

Before he started saying something, probably scoldings, he exhaled roughly. "Donghae, you're so stupid."

My eyes widened in surprise. That's it? That's what Heechul hyung has to say? Kim Heechul, the idol with the most dangerous mouth?

Being called stupid by Heechul hyung was so..tame.

"Um. Hyung I-"

He glared at me so I shut up. He continued, "I know that out of all the members, you're one of the inexperienced ones. Even though you've had a girlfriend or two, you still don't know how girl's feelings work."

I opened my mouth to protest, but stopped myself, and waited for him to speak again. "What you did earlier hurt Dara more than you'll know."

I felt my eyes tighten and my chest constrict at hyung's words. "Why would she be hurt? I was trying to save her from the embarassment."

"Save her from the embarassment?You did the opposite, . You should've listened to us when we asked you to-"

"Yeah, right! Listen to you and Bom noona?When your intentions were bad?" I argued, banging my fist against the table.

Heechul looked at me almost in a sympathetic way.

I hated it.

"Donghae. Our intentions weren't bad, sure we did it in a quirky way, but all we wanted to do was help."

I sighed. "Did..did she cry because of me?" I asked him, even though I knew she did.

"You want to know the truth?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Yes she did. Quite a sight, actually. Now I remember why I hate seeing girls cry."

I clenched my fists in attempt to rein in my emotions. "I..I didn't know she'd react that way."

"It's truly mindboggling, Hae. Why would you do that when you know that what we're doing was not a serious thing?"

I looked at him curiously. He stared back at me, his eyes seemed like he knew the answer to what he was asking.

"I..I don't know. If it was some other female idol I had to do this with, anything would be alright. But Dara noona..she's different."

"Different? What makes her different? She's just another pretty female idol who-"

"She isn't, okay?Dara noona is special." I insisted. Saying that Dara noona was just another pretty female idol pissed me off.

Heechul hyung nodded. "Okay..she's special..to you. Why is that?" He raised his eyebrow, as if he was challenging me.

"I..don't know." I responded lamely. Because truthfully, I wasn't sure. Why is she special to me?

Hyung groaned in exasperation. "Lee Donghae! You still don't understand? You like her that way."

"That way what?" I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion. "ing hell, Lee Donghae. Figure it out yourself."

I scoffed at him. "Well, I thought you'd be able to help me hyung." I started to stand up from my seat and walk away but he pulled me back.

"Donghae, are you forgetting something? You have to apologize to her. Now."

"Now? But it..it's almost midnight!" I sputtered. Heechul hyung rolled his eyes. "Stop being a scaredy cat, Donghae."

"It's not that I'm scared I-"

"Donghae. Let me tell you what you did to Dara. For example, her self esteem is 80%, after what you did it's now 20%. Get it now?"

I cringed. I totally ed up. I didn't want her to get hurt. But that's what I did. I stood up to grab my jacket from my room and left.

 

DARA POV

I managed to pacify CL from getting violent by pretending that I wasn't really affected.

But she saw through me. Still, being the considerate friend she is, she acted like she believed me and left the issue alone.

The members were already asleep an hour ago, but here I was in my bed, tossing and turning. I burrowed my head into my pillow and groaned.

I wish I was the type of girl who didn't give a . I wish I didn't care at all. I almost laughed at the irony. 

I'm part of 2NE1 for goodness' sake. 2NE1, the group who gave no s. But here I am, moping about a guy. Not just any guy, though.

I sighed. This is exactly why I didn't want to interact with guys again.

This is exactly why I turned down all those other idols who hit on me before.

Dara, you stupid girl. You let your guard down., I scolded myself mentally. I looked at the clock on my bedside table, 11:51.

I sat up, completely giving up on trying to sleep. I checked my phone to see the online horoscope. 

take a chance you never know what might happen, my horoscope stated. I scoffed. Yeah right. I sat on the bed, staring into space.

Suddenly, my phone rang. Donghae? Why was he calling? I almost forgot about what happened just hours ago.

Should I answer it? My phone kept ringing, and I stared at it stupidly. It stopped ringing at some point. Then a new message popped up.

I'm outside- Donghae

I scrambled out of bed and looked out the window. There he was outside. Leaning against his car, with his hands in his pockets.

A part of me laughed at how similar this thing was to a movie scene, and another part of me was nervous. Why is he here?

I bit my lip, contemplating what I should do. I should probably leave him out there, just to teach him a lesson.

Yeah, I probably should. I decided. But before I could move away from the window, rain suddenly fell hard outside.

What the flying . This is so movie cliche. I sighed. Now I have to go out and give him an umbrella. GREAT.

I looked at myself in the mirror first. I was just wearing a tank top and boy shorts because our aircon was broken and it was hot a while ago.

The weather is freaking bipolar. 

I ran to the bathroom to get a bathrobe and covered myself with it. Then I grabbed an umbrella on the way out.

I had to keep silent though. Or else the girls will wake up. I shuddered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter