Darahae in the Mecca of Fashion

Dating Bans and Mistaken Identities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21.

 

"Jenjang!" She accidentally exclaimed, as she lunged towards Donghae to grab the paper. Unfortunately, it got ripped.

The other half was still held by Donghae.

Amused by the fact that Dara cursed unexpectedly, and also curious as to why her reaction was like that, Donghae didn't give it back to her on purpose.

She hurriedly went closer to him and Donghae put the paper up high so she couldn't reach.

"Give it..give it back!" She chanted as she kept jumping up to take the paper. Why the heck is he so tall? I mean, why the heck am I so small?

Donghae chuckled as he watched her wasting her effort. "Wah, noona. You look cute flailing around like that."

"I am not playing games, Lee Donghae!" She huffed, getting exhausted. Donghae nodded. "Arasso, I'll read it first."

"Nooooooooooo." She dramatically disagreed. But Donghae still didn't follow and tried to read it. Of course, the writing made no sense.

Donghae looked at Dara quizzically. "I don't get it." She rolled her eyes. "Babo. Of course that won't make sense. You don't have this!"

Dara waved the other half carelessly, which made it easy for Donghae to grab it from her hand. He smirked evilly. I must be hanging out with Kyuhyun too much. Oh well.

He was about to try to put the halves together until he noticed Dara's expression. She looked like she was about to cry.

Slowly, he returned the ripped paper. "Uh, mianhe noona. I was being childish I didn't know you.." He trailed off. Donghae felt the need to disappear at that moment.

Dara sighed, crumpling the paper and shoved it back to her pocket. "Aish. Forget it. I get easily frustrated so.."

He chuckled. "That's because you're type A." Dara nodded absentmindedly. "Yeah, I guess that's it..wait..you know my blood type?"

Uh oh. She might think I'm a stalker. "Uh, wild guess?" 

"O..kay." The two of them entered the convenience store and immediately grabbed chips and drinks. Things got awkward when they reached the counter.

The cashier looked at the two weirdly, thinking that the customers had unusual fashion sense. 

 

Outside, they stayed in the car, eating the snacks they just bought. "So, the next thing to do in the song is eating in the car?"

Dara laughed. "Ani. It's actually going on a picnic with him. But I don't wanna go through all the fuss so let's do it like this."

"I don't mean to pry but, have you done things like this already?" Donghae asked nervously, but sighed in relief when she said no.

"It was impossible before. Besides, I'm kind of scared of guys now so.."

"Scared? Did someone hurt you before?" He asked, slowly getting angry at the thought that a guy hurt Dara before.

Dara waved her hands frantically. "Andwe, it's just that..fine. I'm almost at my 30's right?"

"Yes...and?" Dara drank her coke before replying. "So basically, my friends are really trying to help me find a boyfriend but in the end I just turn them down because they like me for who I am, I mean, who I'm acting like on TV."

Donghae looked at her with a confused expression. "I don't get it, noona." 

"You're so frustrating Hae." She groaned in annoyance. "Oh, wait this is a perfect example! On TV, I always act cute and happy but in real life I'm not like that. Just like now, you made me annoyed at you."

Donghae opened another bag of chips. "You're still cute in real life. And anyway, it's understandable that you don't have that personality always. Lots of idols pretend a bit, even me. It's part of the job to become likeable."

"Oh, so you also have the ability to have a serious conversation huh?" Dara teased

"Well, I still haven't forgetten that paper thing..." He reminded, really itching to know what the paper was about.

Dara tried to beg. "Donghaeee. Please forget about it." 

"No way noona. I got curious because of your reaction." Donghae grinned. "Tell me."

Not knowing what to say, she just replied that she would tell him before they part ways later. "Is that a promise?"

"I never break promises." She responded confidently as she nodded, though she really didn't know what to do. I should've kept my mouth shut. Darn it.

Donghae grinned at her mischievously, thinking that he had the upper hand.

"Aish, forget it. Just be a good boyfriend for now, arasso?" Dara muttered. "A good false boyfriend, I mean."

Donghae gasped mockingly. "Mwo? A while ago you were the one unsure about this and now you're initiating it!"

She rolled her eyes and whined. "Shikkeureowo! I'm 28 and I haven't experienced some things that I wanted to when I was a bit younger."

"Arasso, I was just kidding. Sowoneul malhaebwa." He teased. "Oh? You're my genie? Where's the white marine outfit?" She retorted.

"Ooh. You want to see me wearing those?" He acted like he was shocked. "I never thought you had weird es."

Dara got confused for a moment, before finally getting it. "Not like that babo!" She whacked him on the head playfully.

"So what are we gonna do next?" Donghae cleared his throat before asking her.

"Can we look for a clothing store or something? Because I'm starting to pity us in these um... fashion state." 

He chuckled. "Okay, fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter