Ambiguous

Dating Bans and Mistaken Identities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

43.

The president sat on his chair before looking at Dara and Donghae, eyes narrowed at the two idols.

"Based on your reactions..I'm guessing that you're not prepared for tomorrow, am I right?"

The president's voice was stern, and his face looked far from pleased.

The two idols glanced at each other before turning back to him. 

"Of course we're prepared sajangnim, ha ha ha." Dara lied, adding in a nervous laughter.

Donghae's eyes widened, shocked to hear Dara lying. But because of Dara's lie, the president relaxed.

"Very good. Now I don't want the two of you to mess this up, because if you do, this might end your careers as idols."

Yang Hyun Suk's warning made Dara and Donghae's throat dry.

All they wanted to do in that moment was to bolt towards the door and leave the tension-filled office.

"Sir, um. We kind of have to leave now because we still have to practice for the variety show, so that um, we won't mess up, like you said." Donghae said, facial expression comically rigid.

YG unexpectedly smiled, and Dara had to hold back her sigh of relief. "Sure. You may leave now."

Donghae and Dara motioned to leave the office, unknowingly holding hands with each other.

The president's watchful eyes noticed that detail, shaking his head as he chuckled.

"I wonder when they'll stop being fools." He muttered in amusement.

 

Meanwhile, the two idols breathed a sigh of relief as they made their way out of the building, still holding hands.

"Sorry you had to witness me lie to our president, if I said the truth, we'd be butchered by YG." Dara apologized, aware of Donghae's reaction earlier.

The male idol smiled fondly at her. "It's no big deal, a little white lie won't hurt anyone."

They walked towards Dara's car first, and that's when they noticed their unconscious skinship with each other.

Dara coughed loudly as she took her hand out of Donghae's grasp, using the excuse of getting her car keys.

The latter could only stutter an apology, which Dara brushed off. "It's not a problem, after all we are a couple right?" Dara teased, winking at him.

"Yeah.." Donghae replied wistfully.  

Dara noticed the weird atmosphere after her joke, and decided to change the subject. "So about tomorrow?"

"Don't worry. Just follow my lead tomorrow. Like Seungri said, all we have to do is tell them our story."

Dara nodded, amazed at how reliable Donghae was. "Sorry I can't be any help at this."

"It's okay, at least you have me." Donghae said teasingly.

Dara immediately turned around to face the door to her car again, trying to hide the flustered look on her face.

"So, I have to go now. Good luck to us tomorrow?" Donghae said, and Dara composed herself before saying goodbye.

Donghae waited for Dara's car to leave before he went towards his own, sighing as he walked.

He didn't show it to Dara, but he was equally nervous as she was for the filming that will take place the next day.

When he arrived at the dorm, he instantly sought help from Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Shindong.

Because the three were a main part of Strong Heart and he believed that he'd get good tips from them.

He found the three in the living room, watching television. 

Eunhyuk and Leeteuk were sprawled over the couch, and Shindong sat on the floor, all eyes focused on the TV.

"Guys." He began, trying to catch their attention. "Oh, Donghae yah, what's up?" Shindong asked.

Donghae sat next to Shindong, and told the three about his Strong Heart appearance.

"Oh really? We'll see each other tomorrow then!" Leeteuk grinned excitedly.

Donghae rolled his eyes in exasperation. "Yah hyung. Don't you see that I'm worried? I'm not prepared!"

"He's just extra jittery because Dara's going to be with him tomorrow!" Eunhyuk teased, earning a light punch from his bestfriend.

"Shut up Hyukjae! I don't know how Hyoyeon puts up with you." He retorted. 

Leeteuk butted in. "Hyoyeon is able to put up with him because they're practically the same."

Eunhyuk opened his mouth to respond but Shindong spoke out. "Back to Donghae's problem though..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter