Lonely

IT'S TOP! Well, not exactly..

 

Background music? :)


[Ji Eun's POV]

"Oh? Hello Ji Eun!" a voice chimed brightly beside me, but drowned helplessly in the midst of the chatters. 

Not only that, but I myself was drowning in my thoughts. I poked at what I supposed was spaghetti with my fork, my thoughts still swirling around my "encounter" with TOP. I was a bit frustrated at myself, telling myself to just admit that all that pure bliss of meeting TOP was just a dream, so as to free myself from the repetitive thoughts and live soberly. But somehow, I could never admit that it was a dream. It was too lifelike, too realistic. The memories of my arms clutching onto him, of how the dream seemed to be in "high definition", albeit its images seemed a bit blurry (well since I had just woken up from my sleep, it was only normal that my vision was blurry..), kept gnawing at my mind. It gave me hope that I had really met TOP. But if I had indeed met him, so what..? All I did was hug, attempt to kiss, and just gape at him. In other words, I had made a complete fool out of myself. And it was not possible! How could he be in my room? Just like that I argued back and forth and back again with myself mentally, my temple throbbing.

"Erm... Ji Eun? Earth to Ji Eun? Hello?"

If Clara was here, if I was not all alone, perhaps she could knock some sense into my head. Perhaps I wouldn't be running round and round in the same endless circles. Perhaps, I would be able to smile and laugh once more. Ever since she left, I had been pretty much a loner. For all my years in high school, I had practically been with Clara, and only Clara, wherever I went. She was my dearest friend, and probably the one I spent time with the most. Not that I did not have other friends, but with Clara, I would always feel more at ease, happier even. Now that she had gone to America, it was as if all my happiness and cheer had gone to America together with her.

I sighed.

"YAH!" a horrendous grunt jolted me back to reality, as I jumped in my seat, with my fork flying away to who knows where.

"Whoa- hey- what- huh?" I stuttered incoherently, my eyes darting everywhere. 

Yoseob came back frowning, walking to the table, with my fork in his hand. 

"You know, if you didn't want to talk to me you could just say so, instead of pretending I didn't exist! That would be less embarrassing.." he mused, slightly pouting, looking away.

It seemed as if time has resumed once more in my life, like a video which had lagged but suddenly caught up to the designated time. 

"Oh! I'm, I'm so sorry, Yoseob! I didn't mean to ignore you! I was just spacing out!" I spluttered frantically. I scolded myself silently, how rude of me! Now he must think that I hate him! Oh no! That would be horrible!

Yoseob was one of the nicest boys I had ever met. He wasn't corrupted, nor was he , unlike how most of the guys in my class were. He hated jokes, even. He always spoke sincere words, and never had he hurt anyone intentionally. In fact, I doubt that he would even hurt a fly! Actually... that, I'm not so sure..

But still! He had been my classmate for this whole year, and I would consider him a dear friend of mine too. 

Yoseob looked away with a 'Hmph!', his pout intensifying.

My heart sank back to its rightful position, and I smiled. "I'm sorry Yoseob ah~" sang I. From his playful pout, I knew that it was just another of his antics, and he was just merely playing with me.

"Oh, you smiled!" Yoseob turned back to look at me with round eyes, but at once they turned into moons as he smiled. He continued on, "Yah, you know I was just playing with you, right? But really... are you okay? You seem really..."

His voice trailed on, as he searched for the right word. The space between his eyebrows furrowed for a while, before he announced triumphantly, "stupefied!" 

"Really Yoseob, 'stupefied' ?" I chuckled at his joyful proclamation. 

"Well, I wanted to seem smart." He wriggled his eyebrows playfully, earning more giggles from me. "Good, keep it like that. Stop brooding so much, you'll get wrinkles." said he.

I shot him a fake huge grin. Which I hoped would translate to : Yes Yoseob, I am happy. Then, we conversed a little. You know, the mindless type of chit-chat; poking fun at each other. 

It was nice, smiling like that for a first time in quite a while.

I forgot to eat my spaghetti, with all that fun, but it was worth it anyway.

Class passed by quickly this time, unlike how it used to trudge by torturously for the past few days. A form was issued that day, about a holiday camp or something, to help us fit in with our next-year-classes. It was held at this grand boarding school, a sister school of ours. My mind drifted away from the lesson to the wonderful TOP Oppa. I wondered, would I ever be able to meet him there? Why not? I heard he was going to school..

Unfortunately, it was only a temporary high that I was experiencing. As soon as I stepped into my home, the emptiness of my home weighed my shoulders down. I hated myself in some ways, for always submitting back to the same miseries over and over again. Couldn't I grow wiser? But still... my parents leaving, Clara leaving, these incidents were enough to ruin me. 

As I cast glances at some photos in their frames while walking to my room, I actually wondered if I could ever get over these blues. I wished I could, but I wasn't so sure myself anymore. 

Maybe if I could meet TOP, things would change for the better. My knight in shining armor, my pure-hearted man, of course TOP would be the best friend there ever would be! I just knew that I would definitely, without a doubt, 100% guaranteed feel happy, with TOP by my side. Just as his friend, I would be contented with that. 

Although, secretly, I knew that it was close to impossible.

I mulled over the important problem that had been bugging me. The problem of being a loner. Thinking about my future, I could only imagine myself as a loner, walking the school grounds alone. How pathetic. I berated myself. It's just Clara that's gone. Just make new friends, people will come to love you easily!

I ruffled my hair in exasperation. Why do you complicate simple things, Ji Eun?

And then, probably for the tenth time of the day, I groaned to myself, "What's wrong with you, Ji Eun?"

The stillness of the house was disrupted with a shuffling sound, out of the blue. Immediately, my defense mode went up, alerted by this suspicious noise. Who could it be..? I knew it was impossible, but I was hoping that it was Mom.

I crept over to the closed door of my room slowly, cautiously, and my hand reached out to turn the door knob carefully. As I was doing so, a pleasant, thought that made my insides tingled popped up in my head, maybe it was TOP Oppa, against all odds.

Finally opening the door, my breath hitched as I expected the worst, a burglar was a possibility after all. 
And then, my eyes grew to the size as large as saucers. 

For there, sitting on my bed with a frantic look on his face, was my dear TOP Oppa. He stood so glamorously, his leg lying limply on my bed, while the other part of his body was out of the bed; he was standing on the ground while one leg was in my bed and his arms in mid-air. If it was any other person, I would have definitely chortled at his awkward position. "Erm...Hi?" his melodic voice reverberated through the room. I stood there, my feet rooted numbly to the ground, my mind not processing anything. 

Wait a minute, could it be a repetition of last time? Of how my obsession with TOP had gotten a complete hold of my senses? Was this all yet another delusion?

I frowned, and thought to myself, I wasn't really going crazy now was I?
I blinked infinitively, but that image of TOP Oppa still remained. At that, just to further affirm my suspicions, I took three bold steps towards him. One, two, three, I involuntarily counted. Almost mechanically, I swung my hand to give him a tight slap. The loud sound of the slap shrieked and my hand stung with pain at the impact.

TOP glared at me, flabbergasted. All this was just so real! My jaw dropped open, low. 

"Slap me back!" I demanded, and he did so, almost as if he was happy to comply. The sensation was excruciatingly painful, but instead of weeping sadly, I cried tears of joy. 

This wasn't a dream, nor was it a hallucination.

TOP was really here, in my room.

And on impulse, I wrapped my arms around him, squealing into his chest, "It's really you, TOP Oppa!"

But with a grunt, he pried me from his body, his stare burning oh so mesmerizing into my eyes. I looked up at him confusedly. He frowned charmingly, and stepped back a few steps from me, before saying, "What is wrong with you?"

"Eh?" I blinked at him.

"Are you deaf? What is wrong with you? How can someone just slap an innocent bystander and then hug him while crying?" He said in a booming voice, his eyebrows raised.

Oh TOP... Sigh... He's so handsome looking angry like that..

"YAH! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?! Argh seriously, I'm out of here!" said TOP oppa again. He turned around and left in a huff, stomping out of my room, leaving me to gape and melt, fixed in my position.

When I finally came back to my senses, I gasped in shock at what I had done, and immediately bounded after him.

"Ah! Wait, TOP Oppa! Argh, I'm so sorry! Wait, please don't go!" I yelled after his leaving figure.

"Aish, Ji Eun.." He said defeated, with his hand covering his face in exasperation. "TOP Oppa is going to leave now, okay?" He slurred his words, as if he was talking to a baby.  "Hasta la Vista!" TOP said coolly, with a wave of his hand as he faced the door and left.

"Wait, I-I'm sorry-I didn't mean to-it's just that-I-!" I stuttered helplessly, as TOP stepped out of my house door.

My shoulders slumped in disappointment. What could I expect, having behaved so stupidly in front of him?

Suddenly, I remembered the list I had made on one occasion whereby I was contemplating how to react should I really meet TOP.

What to do when my dream comes true

1. Breathe in and out, calm yourself down

2. Smile cutely and ask for his autograph. Remember that he doesn't even know you.

3. Last but definitely not least, act like you're very calm. Never ever EVER act like a crazy fan, screaming, shouting, hugging, fainting. He'll think you're mad, and it would leave a horrible impression on you.

Why do I always remember vital details at the wrong times? Say, TOO LATE? I knocked my head with my fists repeatedly, feeling stupid. Well, I had failed in all aspects of the list.

When I looked up again, I was shocked into silence once more. TOP Oppa was strolling in from the door sheepishly, looking at me with a twitch in his eyes.

"Oppa..? You c-came back?" I questioned. Secretly, I was surprised that I even had the ability to speak to him.

A bubble of hope rised in my chest. Maybe.. I really had a chance in becoming acquaintances with TOP Oppa?!

"About that.. Erm.. There's something I need to talk to you about.." said he, his eyes searching the floor, hand ruffling hair, embarrassed.


[Author's note]

Hello you! If you're reading this, THANKYOUSOMCUH for following me till here! :D I realized that the beginning of the story was a little rocky and draggy, so really THANKYOUSOMUCH for reading chapter NINEEEEE. :D

I love you, muacks! :)

So, Chapter 9. Ji Eun is feeling a little blue. And she's complicating things.

And I wonder what that blockhead Seunghyun has to say... hmmm... :)

Leave a comment, it'll really make my day, as much as hugging Taeyang makes IU's! :D

Hasta La Vista~!

Notelights ☺