Le Contrat and Pooface

IT'S TOP! Well, not exactly..

Block B - Nillili Mambo


[Ji Eun's POV]

Ouch ouch ouch. Okay, so maybe kicking the school gate when you're locked outside isn't a good idea. Hey, don't judge me! I was, and still am, panicking. In a hurry. Desperate! Fine, so maybe my mind wasn't working but, that's not the main point!

I blame that stupid squishy guy. It's all HIS fault. Seriously. Just thinking about him makes me want to explode!

I'm pretty sure you're super confused as to what happened. Here's what, if you haven't noticed: I'm late for school. And it's all hot-guy-that-looks-like-TOP's fault.

This morning, I had awoken in TOP's bed. Wait, not like that, I don't mean it *that* way, if your mind was going down the gutter. In fact, it was my parents' bed to be exact.. wait no, that still sounds wrong, what I meant was that I had awoken lying beside the bed, having fallen asleep while taking care of TOP the whole night. Argh, no, I have to seriously got to stop calling him TOP. But then again after the contract maybe I don't.

Okay long story short, when I had awoken, he was in his plushie form, buried under the pillows. And somehow he  managed to turn back into his human form a while later. Thank goodness! He seemed alright then, so I immediately demanded him to leave. Hey, he's a stranger okay! What do you mean I'm being mean? Ouh it kinda rhymes. OKAY FOCUS JI EUN, THIS IS SO NOT THE TIME.

He refused to leave, then again, what could I expect? Pleading something along the lines of "having-no-job-to-pay-rent" and "i'm-a-person-who-looks-like-TOP-so-if-i-do-anything--there-most-probably-will-be-a-scandal". Oh this guy is good, i tell you. I wonder if he was a con man before he got "cursed"?

With reasons like that, it would truly make me the most wicked being on earth to chase him out, so being kind, I let him stay at my house.

I know, a guy, and me, staying, alone?! Well, my parents should be back just to let you know. And I do suppose it's safe. He's a plushie, he can't go far if he should, you know, do, anything to me, I'll have his plushie body ripped into pieces if he dares try! I think! Okay, maybe not since it's so beautiful. What do you mean I'm making excuses?!

Look, I made a very good deal with him, and I'm pretty proud of myself for doing so too.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Le Contrat! I don't know, but everything sounds even more grand in French to me. Don't ask me how I know what "The Contract" is in French. I just do. We came up with Le Contrat! , which looks something like this:

Le Contrat!

1. Plushie boy is to follow whatever Lee Ji Eun says.

2. Plushie boy is not required to give Lee Ji Eun cash for his stay at her house.

3. Plushie boy is not to take any advantage of Lee Ji Eun.

4. Plushie boy is to settle his own meals.

Should any of the above terms be breached, Plushie boy is to be thrown out of Lee Ji Eun's house and never return.

 

And below that guy signed off as "Plushie Boy" and I as "Lee Ji Eun". He did it mainly for a place to stay (HA! Look who's not so mighty now huh!) and I, to protect TOP Oppa's career. Phew, that was long! And so, for now I'll try to refrain from calling him TOP. Even if I do, it's okay. Term 1 states that "Plushie boy is to follow whatever Lee Ji Eun says", and Lee Ji Eun says that plushie boy should be treated as TOP. Well, sometiems. Come on, he's a 100% look alike! This is such a great opportunity to feel what it's like to be living with TOP! Except that of course TOP would be much nicer in person, and loving, unlike this bogus hot guy. That stupid meanie. Freak. Douchebag. Oh dear when I start it's kind of hard to stop.

It isn't uncalled for though, and today's incident clearly supports my stand. Being too carried away with Le Contrat! , I forgot about the time, and I was late for school. And that stupid good-looking guy actually laughed in my face! To think that I carried him all the way from that bus stop to home, in the raging winds! He is officially the most ungrateful person on Earth!

And that brings us to the present. Me, standing in front of the locked school gates, trying to find a way in. My school works like this: If you're kinda late, say 1 hour, the councilors are still guarding the gate, and your name will get recorded down, and you'll most likely get detention. But if you're REALLY late, say 2 hours, the school doesn't care at all, and just marks your attendance as truancy, unless you have a valid excuse with a medical certificate or any evidence to back up your reason. And I am just late for 2 hours, and the gates are already closed, counselors gone. I've got to get in.

Scanning the area for any possible places to climb through. The gate was far too tall. Impossible, no matter how high I jump. Unless I had something to stand on, maybe? But there wasn't anything.... I should probably call a councilor friend that I have to sneak me in!

Grinning, I flashed out my cell phone, but while scrolling through the contacts I realized that all my councilor "friends" were just people who scolded me for being late. Something tells me they wouldn't help me in...

Ugh, where is Clara when you need her?!

Suddenly I heard heavy breathing from behind, making me jump. And when I turned around to take a look at the person I jumped even more. It was killer-man! My eyes widened in fear as my mouth dropped open, ready to scream. He was panting heavily, his back arched over, and when he looked up and he saw my expression, his eyes narrowed.

OH NO HE REMEMBERS ME.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH-mfgh" I let out the loudest scream I could muster, but my mouth was clamped shut by him. Out of instinct, I bit his hand, and immediately tried to make a run for it. Key word: tried.

Blonde-killer-man let out a strained grunt when I bit him, but he was right behind me, and his other hand caught my waist as I attempted my getaway. Alas, I was too weak under his murderer grasp.

Goodbye cruel world, goodbye Clara, goodbye stupid-TOP-lookalike.. Wait, no, I can't just die like this! Not without seeing TOP Oppa in real person!

With renewed vigour, I stomped my foot down onto his, hard, and having taken him by surprise, his iron grip loosened. Using this opportunity, I tried to flee once again to a place void of Killer-man.  Again, key word: Tried.

He was really angry now, and I think it was because I attacked him. Twice, at that. He lunged at me at a last pitch attempt, sending me falling to the ground with him on top.

"Oof!" I fell hard on my back, but my instinct prompted me to scream again. Suddenly a slap flew across my cheek. I stared at those black eyes inches away from mine, dazed. And shocked. And angered! How dare he!

"What the hell?! Why are you screaming?!" he whispered loudly. When I glared at him and bared my teeth, his eyes softened, and he quickly got up from his position of lying on top of me. All timidness and wariness of him disappeared, and it was now replaced with anger.

"Look, sorry for slapping you, but you were screaming so loudly. It would have attracted attention!" he half-whispered and half-shouted again. Wait why is he whispering? Sensing my confusion, he added, "We're late you idiot! Do you want to be found out?!"

Oh.. My anger dissipated. But back to main issue, he's killer-man!

"Look, I'm sorry for glaring at you. And hitting you just now. And hitting you the other time. And hitting you the other other time. I'm really so sorry, I.. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!" I blabbered tirelessly. I'm surprised I can even form proper sentences actually, with this state I'm in. He stared at me, before furrowing his eyebrows.

"What?" He asked blankly.

"Oh I said I'm sorry already! Look, I'll do whatever you want!" I pleaded. "Just don't kill me, Killer-man!"

"Wait, you think I want to kill you?" he asked, tilting his head slightly. Oh no, he's so going to kill me now for discovering his evil plans! "Why?" he added. Is that another blank look? Why is he still acting dumb?

"Do I really look that scary?" he asked, kind of.. hurt? Wait, what's happening... "And you even called me... K-Killer-man?" He's even stuttering. I must be looking at him in a horrifying horrified expression, but I couldn't help it.

Oh my gosh, is he going to cry? His head was lowered and his shoulders were trembling slightly. Don't tell me, I misunderstood him?! But the creepy looks, and the stalking! They're too much of a coincidence! I just stood there, dumbly. Well, what am I supposed to do when a person who almost killed me starts crying?!

Inevitably, my soft side took over, and I warily patted his shoulders. "Erm... I'm sorry. You mean you're not trying to kill me?" I tried to make sure. And shockingly, he flung himself at me, his head leaning on my shoulder, his hands grabbing my back. And suddenly, in a swift motion, I was hoisted, now on his shoulder instead. "Hey, put me down! Put me down! Hey!" I was wrong! I got cheated! He WAS trying to kill me!

"I'm not trying to kill you, gosh. Can you stop- hey- stop- stop argh-" he tried to lie to me once again but I was too strong for that. But I guess I made a wrong choice by hitting him, because his steel grip made my waist hurt even more. He glanced up at me with satisfaction when I winced in pain, and continued marching on. I tried my hardest to glare at him, hoping that some of the fire in my eyes could fry him somehow.

And that's when I decided, I've got to figure out a plan. After all, brains beat brawn, anytime. Well, at least that's what my dad had said.

~~~~~~

Based on my superb analytical skills, I'm guessing that Killer-man wants to murder me, using a knife or maybe by suffocation, and then throw me into the pond to dispose of my corpse. I mean, why else would he bring me to the... park?

I caught sight of a few old couples. Is he planning on murdering them too, to get rid of the witnesses? Wow, Killer-man is one brutal man. I shuddered in disgust.

He finally arrived at a halt and set me down on my feet properly. The view from down here isn't that spectacular as when I was riding on Killer-man's shoulder. Not that I'm complaining.

"Why, why me? What do you want from me?" I spat the words out, even though I knew I should be kinder to the person who sort of holds my life in his hands right now. Though, it was quite funny. I would never have expected myself to say such cliche lines before in real life. And to add to that, before my life was about to end. Yay, Ji Eun.

"Isn't it obvious? Don't you remember me?" Killer-man said darkly, while eyeing me, which only earned him a blank look. "It's me, your great nemesis, Zico!"

What?! Since when did I have a nemesis?!

"Finally, this day has come... And i've been waiting so long! Yes, my life is complete." He announced to the whole wide world, after which, chuckling evilly. If my face didn't show it, let me just say now that I AM OFFICIALLY CONFUSED. WHAT IS GOING ON.

I know.. I must have lost my memory or something! And actually I'm some super hero who saves the world on a daily basis! NO. WAY.

"So I'm actually a super hero?!" I shrieked. Wow, I'm actually starring in the lead role of a Good vs Evil movie, except that this is reality!

To which, Killer-man's shoulders shook wildly again, just like before. I'm starting to think that there's something wrong with this guy...

"S-s-super hero-o?" He stuttered while his head was still lowered. Man, he sure is bad at his evil villain job. Maybe I could teach him a few tricks and tips.

He started rolling on the floor, clutching his stomach, all the while trembling. And it is only now that everything clicks in. I must have subconsciously used my powers to attack him! Wow, I'm unstoppable! INVINCIBLE! MUAHAHAHA! Now it was my turn to let out an evil laughter.

"What..? Invin-cible... hero? Ah...." The guy continued to stutter in between his convulsions on the floor. It was only when he faced me that I realized what was happening. He was laughing. Remember me being officially confuseda while ago? Well, it is safe to say that now I am OFFICIALLY-OFFICIALLY confused.

"Hey, hey." I muttered, while whacking this guy with my foot. "Can you stop it. People are looking." Yes, NOW I notice that we have attracted a mini crowd of elderly.

"Ha.. ha... super... ha..." He continued his sobbing-laughter, to my greatest annoyance. Since I'm left with no choice...

"SPLASH!" Finally, peace and quiet. I smiled to myself.

"Help, I can't-can't swim!"

OH, COME ON! Annoyance level: BOILING, CAUTION-CLOSE TO EXPLOSION. I jumped into the pond without hesitation, and surfaced immediately. The pond's water level wasn't even up to my chest! And again, that guy whom I shall label as POOFACE from today onwards, was hollering with laughter just a few feet away. I angrily flailed my arms in the water, splashing it all over him.

SO, EMBARRASING! URGH. Stupid, stupid, stupid pooface!

"Hey, hey, wait up!" His cheery voice only made me fume even more. A hand reached out to grab my wrist, making me realize that I had just stomped out of the pond. I turned around and flung his hand away, continuing my grand escape. I didn't know where I was going but anywhere was better than being with him.

Chant with me everyone: Stupid, stupid, stupid Pooface!

"My name's not Pooface.. If you wanted my name you only needed to ask!" A really annoying voice chirped. I kept my face stoned, but quickened my pace.

After walking a good deal in silence, with my anger wearing off a bit, I was quite certain that he stopped following me. And just when I was about to smile, he called my name, "Ji Eun ah!"

"How did you know my-" I spun around, only to be shocked into silence. He was kneeling down on one knee, while presenting me a few strands of tattered flowers. "Stop being angry with me, please?" He said while his sparkling eyes bored into mine. That stupid grin of his was making my heart beat quicken, and I didn't like it one bit! Stupid hormones.

Good thing my brain was still functioning normally, and I managed to break out of my trance and turn around.

"Okay, I'll introduce myself. My name is Zico, I go to the same school as you." Pooface started blabbering as he persistently trailed by my side. "I'm not a murderer actually, please tell me how you came to that conclusion." Not a murderer huh?

"Your name is Ji Eun. You like handsome guys, like me, and your dream is to live happily ever after with a prince. Right?" Forget the poker face, this guy has some serious issues. I stopped walking, and told him, "How do you know my name? And no- I'm not such a materialistic person, who only judges people based on their looks!"

Apparently I shouldn't have taken my poker face off, because I absolutely could not stand Pooface's smug expression. He actually looks pretty handsome on closer inspection, I thought. I immediately regretted thinking that.

"Why do you think I'm a murderer?" He asked back in return.

"I asked you a question first!" I retorted.

"Do I really look that scary?" He only continued on, as if I didn't say anything.

"No.. It's just.. You were looking at me strangely at the cafe.. So I thought you were a murderer.." I mumbled in surrender.

He seemed to ponder on this for a while, because he was staring at me blankly.

He nodded to himself, as if to say, 'That makes sense', and walked away, leaving me standing in the middle of the park, dripping from water, alone.

This did not make the situation any clearer, and in fact my confusion about this random Pooface guy had doubled. Despite all this, most probably because of the fact that I knew he wasn't trying to murder me, I was smiling softly to myself as I dragged my feet home.

~~~~~

Note to self: Never underestimate water. Being drenched with it, while walking under the bright sun, can make you feel like the most dead person on Earth. Which at this point of time is, Me.

I collapsed on my couch, and just closed my eyes. At least Plushie guy wasn't around now, or else my headache would only worsen.

Although he does choose the most appropriate times to go missing, doesn't he. It would really be nice if someone could take care of me now.

Overcame by fatigue, I drifted off to slumber land, dreaming of a happily ever after with TOP Oppa.


[A/N]

More of Zico, Less of TOP in this chapter.

Thanks new subscribers for subscribing! :D And please do comment to give me feed back on my work, it would mean a lot to me!

Muacks, love you!

BYE!

-Notelights