Joo Rin

IT'S TOP! Well, not exactly..

 

Scar--Secret Garden OST. :)

 

[Ki Bum's POV]

With my eyes barely open and back slumped over, I sat among the sea of students at assembly. Why our school has to start so early in the morning is a mystery I'll never figure out.

Okay, maybe I already have. The Principal obviously wants to torture us students! Tell me something that isn't that obvious. Or maybe he has a habit of waking up early, so he forces the whole school to wake up with him. That selfish old geezer! Or, maybe he thinks that by giving us more periods of lessons, we'll get better grades. Come on, there are so many schools that start WAY later and their students have better results! He really has a screw loose in his head..

Sometimes I pity the other students. Having the need to study so hard just so they can get a good job. Unlike me. Well, I guess I can't help it that God loves me more and gave me rich parents who will obviously hand over the company to me. Haha, poor students. They'd better slog hard then! :)

I turned my attention to the speaker for a while, but he just droned on and on so I looked away again.

I accidentally looked at a female student, and our eyes met. She smiled seductively at me and winked. I could feel the shivers run through my body and I hurriedly looked at the ground.

I was starting to get bored. Really bored.

The boredom grew into annoyance, annoyance into resentment.

I glared at the speaker, which was now a teacher. He was going through "a few" announcements, but I think with the speed he was going, he couldn't even compete with a snail! CAN'T HE JUST HURRY UP. Stupid, really.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm dying for lessons to start. It's just that I would really want this day of school to quickly END.

"Okay school. You are now dismissed from assembly. Please line up..." that annoying teacher concluded.

Finally! Not being able to stand his irritating voice any longer, I got to my feet and started dragging them to my classroom. Some students were gaping at me as I went, after all, the teacher still wasn't exactly finished with his lengthy announcements. Not that Kim Kibum cared. Although, I highly doubt that is the reason why they're looking at me that way. I just glared back at those eyes, making them look away. It's a good thing I sat near the doors of the hall, if not, I would definitely attract a whole lot more attention.

Sigh, sometimes you're too good-looking for your own good, Kim Kibum.

With that, I exited the hall.

 

I walked the empty hallways in a rhythmic pattern. One thing good about being "early", is that you get the hallways to yourself. They were brightly lit, and stretched out in front of me for a long way. I could hear my own footsteps echoing through the area. It was kind of strange though, there were more sounds than the amount of steps i was taking. Soon, the sounds became so many, that they were all messed up. "Thud thud thud," the sound of loud footsteps thundered through the hallway.

I cautiously turned around. A girl was running from the end of the hallway, the part where I came from. She had these ridiculously thin-framed glasses, that only a grandmother would wear, and her hair was tied in two kiddish pony-tails. Ewwww.

As she neared me, she slowed down, and took confident big steps towards me, with her eyes locked on mine. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, and turned around, to continue walking.

"Kim Kibum," the nerdy girl called out.

Like I care. I just continued walking forward. She's probably one of those girls intoxicated by me.

"Kim Kibum," she called once again, her voice firmer and more authoritative this time.

Out of the sudden, I felt my body freeze and an indescribable pain coursed through my body. It was like millions of pins and needles were piercing through my skin and into my flesh, at every part of my body. I wanted to scream so badly, but my body wouldn't move. My body wasn't responding to the commands my brain was sending out. I felt even my blood freeze, and a force compressing me, threatening to break me apart any moment.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

Then, that girl appeared in front of me. She pretended to pity me, asking sarcastically, "Are you alright?"

Her acting . I just wanted to punch her in her stupid face, but couldn't. She then suddenly disappeared, and I mean it literally. Just poof! Like that! What the- where did she go?!

I felt the burning fire on my shoulder cool. I tried my best to look, until my eyeballs were at the extreme end of my sockets. Her hand was on my shoulder, it seemed. She was now behind me?

"Kim Kibum... you're really disgusting. Be happy I'm here to teach you a lesson that will change your life. Its giving you a chance to start over. To be honest, I really hate that filthy attitude of yours, no respect whatsoever. You think you're such a big deal, huh? " she whispered, but at the end her tone was rising. I could feel her icy breath on my neck, and it sent bone-curling chills down my spine.

Wait, so this meant that all this pain is this stupid girl's doing? That girl!! How dare she! My body felt as if I was on fire, and the fire felt like its temperature was increasing with every second. I could've cursed her even more, but my mind was only focused on the pain.

She chuckled coldly. "You're cursing me mentally." It was more of a statement than a question. "Well, if there's really a kind soul somewhere in your heart, you'll definitely be free."

WHAT THE HELL?!

"My name's Joo Rin, by the way. You're welcome." she smirked, now in front of me. You are so dead-

My breath hitched painfully, caught in my throat. The pain was excruciating beyond words! My eyes bulged out and I felt as if my body exploded. I fell to the floor, my head hitting the surface with a sickening thud. I felt my energy being drained out of me rapidly as I just lay on the cold floor, mouth still wide open, eyes catching that girl's figure walking away.

What...what is going..on?

And then I plunged into a world of pitch darkness.