Crybaby

IT'S TOP! Well, not exactly..

Song of the chapter:

 

Dream Girl by SHINee!!!! :DD


[Seunghyunnie's POV]

  Action, fast images, and me running.

  I hadn't done that in a long while. Running, that is.

  They all disappeared and an incessant rocking took over, but the feeling of my heart racing still remained. I couldn't remember what happened, but I was pretty sure the dream had been exciting.

 

   More rocking- I was tossed carelessly around, knocking my head on some hard edges.

  It took me awhile to realize that I wasn't experiencing an earthquake but a bagquake. A help-ji-eun-is-running-and-i'm-in-her-bagquake. I cursed her under my breadth for making me so dizzy.

   There were people buzzing around wherever I was. Looks like I have to endure this bagquake for-

  

   A sudden stillness dragged everything to order. No more rocking. Hmm maybe she's finally reached her school. Oh, that would mean that we are at the camp. She's most probably late, as usual.

   I was lying face-up in her bag. Staring at the yellow inside of her bag, my mind drifted to the previous night's events. The more I thought about it, the more intrigued I was. Just who was that guy?!

   Her ex-boyfriend? Enemy? What did he mean when he said that everyone would leave Ji Eun? Did he hurt her and turn her into this miserable girl she is now?

  

  "Seunghyunnie.. Can you hear me?" I heard Ji Eun's bubbly voice behind me. "Look, we're here~~"

   That's pretty stupid, considering the fact that I can't see anything from inside her bag. She should really stop dumping me into her bag and then forcing me to endure a bagquake.

   "Aren't you excited?! This is like, my second camp ever. The first one was with Clara. I think we're gonna do really cool stuff like.. erm... stuff..." she babbled, but then her voice trailed off. She doesn't make sense. "Hey I'm really sorry but I'll be right back okay. Bye!"

    So I'm guessing she left abruptly just like that.

    I heard two pitchy voices, and at first I tried to tune out, but when I caught them mutter Ji Eun's name, I strained my ears to listen in.

 

   "Did you see that?!"

   "I know right, she looks so stupid." There was this unexplainable feeling in my chest when I heard what this stupid @#$% was saying.

   "She's obviously crazy. Ha, talking to her bag?! Hahahahaha." The person's voice really sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

   "Did you hear what she said?! 'We're gonna do really cool stuff like... erm... stuff...' No Sherlock. Hahahahaha!! I can't believe she said that! Hahaha!" Someone stop their annoying laughter, PLEASE! I'm even saying please, this just shows how bad it sounds. I think my ear drums are going to explode.

   "Oh she's coming over. Even the way she walks looks stupid. Hahhaha, let's go..."

 

   THANK GOD THEY'RE GONE.

   Who dares to talk about someone like Ji Eun in such a hurting manner? A girl like Ji Eun who apologizes even when it isn't her fault...

   THEY MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL. THEY'RE A DISGRACE TO ALL GIRLS, NO, TO ALL MANKIND! They should just bury themselves and never show their face on this Earth ever again!!

   Oh so now they're @#$% but when you treated Ji Eun like , you weren't?

   Stupid voice inside my head. It's different! I'm different! I can treat Ji Eun like that, but they can't!

   And why not? You made her cry, you idiot.

   Think of something else so that the disturbing feeling in my chest would go away... Think think think...

   Think of something like... Oh look! A cockroach!

 

   Wait, what?

   AHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S A COCKROACH!

   A HUMONGOUS DISGUSTING SLIMY COCKROACH! AND IT'S JUST CRAWLING IN FRONT OF MY FACE! HOW DARE IT COME NEAR SUCH AWESOMENESS LIKE YOURS TRULY!

   OHNO IT'S COMING CLOSER!

   Thank goodness, Ji Eun opened her bag just in time. Even being with Ji Eun is better than being with that monster! Bright light blinded my eyes as the sky parted (it was actually her bag opening only but still..) and her huge hand pulled me out of that horrific place into even brighter light. I just wished she would stop holding me by my head.

 

   Teenagers were everywhere, and the buzzing was even louder than when I was in her bag! I wanted to just escape from all the chatter.

    "We're going to board the bus soon but for now everyone's just loading their stuff. Erm.." Her voice trailed off, as if she wanted to continue, but in the end she said, "yeah.."

   I wonder why she's just standing here while everyone else is busy chattering away. Time trudged on despairingly. But Ji Eun just stood there. What is she doing?! From the corner of my eyes I spotted a guy from a distance who was running towards her. I raised my eyebrow (in my head of course. I couldn't do it in reality) at this massive bundle of... blegh, as he came nearer and nearer and then-

   BAM!

 

   "JI EUN YOU CAME!!!" I heard a squeaky voice exclaim, just as I waited for the impact. But of course there was none.

  I had fallen head first, and I now lay limply on the ground. In other words, I felt useless. But well, since I was already in this position, I couldn't do anything else but to eavesdrop listen in on their conversation.

  I tried to listen to what this weird guy was saying. Yes I say "weird" because he gave me this weird feeling. He was just too happy for his own good.

  And I'm guessing the reason I fell was because he crushed Ji Eun in a hug, and I was right.

 

   "Yoseob ah!" She sounds too happy for her own good too. "You're crushing me..."

  I tried to focus on their voices, which was again, very hard with all the commotion around us. Sadly, in the position I was in, I could only enjoy the beautiful view of the ground. Still, much better than being stuck with a monster. Okay, I take that back. This position is pathetic.

   "Ah! Sorry! Hahaha.. You're here!!" He exclaimed loud enough to hear among all the noise, which I think totally deserves a gold medal for being louder than all this overwhelming noise.

    "Yeah! You won't believe it, but Zico paid for me!" Ji Eun shouted back. Wow, she deserves a medal too! I had no idea what she was talking about of course, and just drifted along with their conversation.

    "He did?! Why would he..?" the Yoyo guy questioned.

   A pause.

   "Well, why are you standing here?! The bus is going off soon!!" He shouted.

   "Urm... yeah.. okay.." Ji Eun sounded... hesitant?

   "Why, what's wrong? Come on, let's go!" He exclaimed again, and I saw a pair of feet pounding after another. Judging the distance between those two pairs, that creepy guy must be pulling her by the hand. Skinship. Huh.

 

   Wait... wait...wait! THIS GIRL!

   HOW COULD SHE FORGET ABOUT ME! They really left without me?! This ungrateful stupid...

   I saw a pair of feet stop in front of me and felt myself being lifted up. Oh, is she going to suffer for this! Once I turn back into a human, I'll make her pay for just neglecting me.

   "Well look what we have here..." My body was turned 180 degrees, and I now looked up to see a face.

   A hideous face, at that.

   It was HIM! THAT STUPID @@$#$%$^$!!!! 

   HE STUDIED MY FACE CLOSELY AND HIS EYES STOPPED AT MY NECK. WHAT DOES HE THINK HE IS LOOKING AT?!

   "What the hell, it looks exactly the same!" HE SAID AS HE MY NECK AND-

   *calm down seunghyun calm down*

   I registered what he said. What looked exactly the same?

   He grabbed at my neck, and my eyes widened (if it was possible) at the scarf he was holding. It was the same scarf he was fighting with me for yesterday, except that it had shrunk to a size of an ant.

  

   Huh, interesting. Does this mean that clothes I am wearing will shrink whenever I turn into a plushie? It had to be.

   I watched him inspect the scarf with furrowed brows; myself laughing gleefully because he would surely get wrinkles with that horrendous face he is making. But a part of me was worried as well-he wouldn't be as smart as to connect two and two together right?

   He stared at the scarf and made an even weirder face.

   "What, she used her boyfriend's scarf to make one for her plushie?! THAT #$*@!"

   I let out an audible sigh of relief (not really).

   What was I worried for? Haha it's funny how he thinks of me as Ji Eun's... boyfriend. Ahem.

  BUT HOW COULD HE CALL HER A #$*@?! THIS #^&Q%@^*(, WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS!! I felt the anger surging up in my chest again, and I had a strong desire to punch him till he bled. 

 

   I felt myself being grabbed, away from his dirty hands, and did a celebration dance mentally. YAYYYYYYY FREEDOM FROM THE DIRTY DWEEB AT LAST!

   But my joy was short-lived. Whoever grabbed me didn't have a chance against Jonghyun. Not that I think such a scrawny guy like him is strong. He had a steel grip on me, and though he was shocked, he recovered quickly and was tightening his grip on my... face. Someone please tell me why I always have to go through such suffering! This guy really deserves to be beaten!!

 

   "Jo-ng hyun... let go.." I heard Ji Eun's quivering voice. Huh, looks like she didn't forget about me after all. Which is just as well, because otherwise I would have haunted her down and make her regret for the rest of her life with my plushie super powers. Yes, it's a known fact that a plushie which can turn into a real guy has super powers.

 

  The struggle was painful. Not physically, but mentally, because I felt as if my body would be torn into pieces at any moment now.

  Thankfully it ended quickly, at the point where Jonger finally realized how childish and evil he was to pick on Ji Eun, and let go. Of course, the stupid Junghyung would never know how to be a real gentleman (unlike me) and just had to release his grip unexpectedly, causing Ji Eun to stumble to the ground. She didn't even retaliate (stupid girl) and got up to her feet wordlessly, to board the bus.

 

   "Sorry Seunghyun. Are you okay?" she cooed at me, making me shudder. "Sorry I forgot about you."

    She does this so explicitly that I was reminded of those dumb girls snickering at her. I tried using my telepathic powers to will her to STOP, and it seemed to work!

   She settled me down on her lap, as she took a seat beside the yoyo guy.

  "Seunghyun, meet Yoseob! Yoseob, meet Seunghyun!" Ji Eun beamed happily, and literally shoved my face to Yoseob's. The look on his face was HILARIOUS. He was so shocked and disturbed at what Ji Eun did, that he was just staring dumbly at me, then at her. Once he recovered his senses, he played along, "Oh, ahnnyeong Seunghyun! Ahhahaha..."

    Talk about awkward.

 

    Ji Eun didn't seem to realize how she was creeping him out, and immediately squealed in a high-pitch voice, "Isn't he just adorable!!! He's theee mosstt cuuuuuteeesttt thinggggggggg evarrrrr" She had slurred her words while making weird faces at me in an attempt to sound cute, but it failed drastically. I resisted the urge to hurl (even though I couldn't if I wanted to) and wondered why she thought I was some kind of dog. What an insult..

 

   I caught the look on Yoseob's face; suprisingly it was one of amusement, a stark contrast to my disgust.

   I knew there was something wrong with this guy. Ji Eun's cooing was interrupted by her ringtone, and she clumsily dropped me to her lap to fish out her hand phone. As soon as she took a glance at the caller ID, her eyes widened, and a smile was immediately spread across her face.

   "Hello?!" she almost shouted, and ducked her head when she realized the volume of her voice. She cupped her hand around the speaker, whispering again, "Hello?"

 

   She ducked her head lower, and Yoseob looked away to give her some privacy. Her hair was a curtain separating her and Yoseob, and from where I was, I could see everything she wanted to hide, so clearly. Her quivering lips, her watery eyes and her bright smile. A tear fell onto my leg, as she nodded her head fervently. That was pretty dumb, considering that the caller couldn't see her. She could only say "mmmm", and nod, while she listened to the other person over the line talk. She sure loves to cry doesn't she... I felt a part of my heart ache as I watched her bite her lip to keep the tears from flowing.

   How many times has she cried this week already?

 

   She cleared in the most natural way possible, and finally spoke, "I'll call you back later. I love you."

   By now, not only was there this pain in my heart, but also a myriad of questions in my brain. Or actually, just one:

  Who was the guy she was talking to on her phone?!

  Okay, maybe it was two questions, the second being the most natural, Why was she crying?

 

   She tried to wipe away her tears discreetly, and she turned to face Yoyo with her still red face.

   He looked taken aback, but once he heard the next words that would come out of , he visibly relaxed.

   "Clara called." Ji Eun beamed, even though her lips were still quivering.

   Yoyo guy wordlessly draped his arm on her shoulder and patted it for awhile. They must be pretty close to share skinship like that...

   "Don't cry," he said in a calming voice.

    "Yah, what are you talking about? I'm not crying. Hahaha," Ji Eun smiled and smacked his arm.

    Yoyo smiled knowingly, then he added, "Haha yeah right... SURE...."

    "I really wasn't!"

    "Okay Ji Eun."

    "Really!"

    "Whatever. You can just continue lying to me."

    "What do you want me to say? 'Oh yeah I just cried because my best friend called?!'" her voice rose a bit higher.

    Silence.

    "Sorry Ji Eun... Sorry... I didn't mean it.. I just wanted you to know that you could... I mean..I was just joking around! You know me! Worst friend ever!" Yoyo bit his lip as he watched Ji Eun's facial expression change from agitation to anger. Well, yup, I do know that you are the worst friend ever.

    "Here, a sweet! Please forgive me Ji Eun!" He pulled a piece of candy out of his pocket, and gently tugged at her arm. Ha, that's the best you can do? Really? A sweet?

    "Why, THANK YOU!" Ji Eun's facial expression changed 180 degrees into a bright one, and she grabbed the sweet from his hand. Okay, I did not expect that.

    "Yah! You were just pulling a prank on me?!" Yoyo mocked offence. What? She was?

    "Hehehe yup! You know I love you!" I blinked at what she said.

   Who exactly, is her boyfriend?

   "Hahahahaha...." Yoyo laughed as if it was the funniest thing he had ever heard, although I don't see why. Is he that happy to be told of her deep passionate love for him?!

   Ji Eun finally remembered me, and shoved me into her bag.

   Oh sure, hide me now, now that you have lover boy to talk to. Forget about me. Way to go.

   It's not like I wanted to hear your conversation anyway! I'm totally happy by myself in your yellow stuffy bag!!!

   I think I just saw something move. Oh no. My eyes widened.

   I TAKE THAT BACK! GET ME OUT OF HERE JI EUN! EVEN LISTENING TO YOUR CHEESY CONVERSATION IS BETTER THAN BEING EATEN ALIVE BY A COCKROACH!!!!


  [Ji Eun's POV]

   I hadn't unpacked. Now was Free-and-easy time, and if Clara was here, we would definitely not be unpacking, but exploring every nook and crook of this freakishly lavish school.

   I sighed, sauntering over to my room to take a rest. Alone.

   Yoseob joined back with the guys, expectedly. I couldn't ask too much from him since he did have his own group of friends too.

   I'm determined to make new friends at this camp! But hearing Clara's voice today made me miss her so much! This friend of mine didn't call me because she had been too busy unpacking and exploring America once she reached. Wow, enjoyment over friendship huh!

   To say I was overjoyed that she called would be an understatement. Her departure left me feeling lonely and... well.. hurt. I really started to doubt if I had this repulsive effect on everyone dear to me. Or maybe just everyone, dear or not.

   I reached for the doorknob and entered my oh-so-fabulous room, only to see my clothes all over the place, as if my room had been hit by a tsunami.

   WHAT HAPPENED?!

   My heart was quick to respond, thudding loudly in my chest. Is there a burglar in my room? But I don't have anything valuable anyway... I kind of pity him, because he picked a room with nothing but the furniture expensive in it..

 

   "GO AWAY!" A loud shriek startled me, and I cautiously made my way further into the room.

   There, was TOP, battling with the ground? I squinted my eyes, and saw a cockroach.

   Of course, he was scared of a cockroach. I laughed.

   He was jumping as if the ground was hot larva, and hitting the ground with my T-shirt. It looked as if he was dancing!

   I doubled over in laughter and had to lean on the wall for support.

   "Ji EUN! STOP LAUGHING! GET RID OF THIS MONSTER!" He screamed, making me laugh even more.

   Did he just call a cockroach a monster? Ahahahaha!!! I was gasping for air by now. "What... a girl!" I hollered and pointed at him, in between fits of laughter.

   He hopped all the way to me, and before I knew it, not only him, but the cockroach was heading my way as well.

 

   "YAH! What are you doing! Get it away from me!" I yelled. The hopping was infectious, and soon I was prancing around, all over the place.

   "HAAHAHA! Look who's the girl now!" He chuckled, a triumphant grin on his face.

   "I AM A GIRL! GET IT AWAY!" I said, and his grin fell. I hid behind him as the cockroach scurried everywhere.

   TOP responded by getting behind me instead, letting me face the cockroach by myself.

    "Argh! Get out! Go away! Go away! Shoo!" I opened the door and pointed at the entrance.

    The cockroach seemed to understand, because it really scurried outside! I gave a shout of glee and quickly slammed the door close.

 

   Wow it seems like I can talk to animals! Maybe I really am a superhero who will one day save the world from a powerrule of animals.

   My body slid down till I was sitting on the floor, and I rested my back against the door. TOP did so as well. Fighting a cockroach sure is tiring.

   "You're such a scaredy cat! To think that you used me as a shield from the cockroach!" I said, and whacked his arm.

   "Did you just hit me?! Well, look who was calling me a girl! You're scared of the cockroach yourself!" He nudged my side with his elbow roughly.

   "That's because you really are such a girl! It's natural for me to be scared of a cockroach, but you're a guy!" I retorted, giving him another whack.

   "YAH! Stop hitting me! And next time, don't dump me into your bag!" He slapped my hand. OUCH THAT HURT. I waved my hand around wildly to make the pain go away.

   "Oh my gosh. Maybe you are a girl. Maybe before you became a plushie you were a girl!" I said shocked, looking at him.

   "YAHH!!! JUST BECAUSE I'M SCARED OF A COCKROACH DOESN'T MAKE ME A GIRL!" He screamed, making me cringe.

   "Okay okay, I get it. You didn't have to scream. Wait... WHY ARE YOU HOLDING MY SHIRT? WERE YOU ACTUALLY USING THAT TO SHOO THE COCKROACH AWAY?" I said, my tone rising.

   "Urm... What if I said yes?" TOP gave an arrogant smile and shrug.

   "CHOI SEUNGHYUN!"


   It took me awhile to clean up the place. It's amazing how a cockroach can do such massive damage. Or rather, it's amazing how a cockroach and TOP together can do such massive damage.

   Apparently, my bag BURST, because TOP was in my bag when he turned into a human. I shouldn't have left Seunghyunnie in my bag... This is going to be troublesome.

   I was lying in bed, tired out by all the cockroach commotion. I loved this place. It was only dorms for students, but everything was so chic. The room had a really high ceiling, and was huge. There were three beds, and even a kitchen and a television! It was like the kitchen, living room and bedroom all combined into one. There were platforms for each "room", to sort of draw a border around each room.

   The best part? The sky window. There was this window the size of a king-size bed right above where I was. Through it, I could see the bright clouds drifting pass, and it looked beautiful. I was itching to sketch the view but currently, I was too tired. There was also an automated shade which could be activated with a push of the button, making the light less glaring.

 

   TOP lay in the other bed just beside mine, watching the clouds as well, with a peaceful look on his face. I could only stare at him, entranced by his face...

   "Hey TOP?" I asked.

   "Hmmm?" He said.

   "I'm really sorry about... erm.. everything. For chasing you out, for giving you crappy food, for oh... calling you TOP, for..." I found myself saying even before I could stop myself.

   "Ji Eun." He interrupted, slightly startling me. He frowned and lay on his side, to look at me.

   "It wasn't your fault at all. Why are you saying sorry?" He continued on, still staring at me.

   "Erm.. but... It must be really tough living with me..." I squeaked.

   He looked even more annoyed, as his frown deepened.

   "Why do you always do that?!" He exclaimed, and I blinked, confused.

   "Why do you always have to make me feel this.. heavy feeling in my chest?! It's starting to really get to me, you know!" He said, getting up.

   I continued staring blankly at him. What heavy feeling?

   "It's not your fault at all. You had every right to chase me out. The food wasn't even crappy, and you know that. Yes you should definitely stop calling me TOP, but you should also stop being so nice as well! Do you know how irritating you are! Do you know how annoying it is whenever you say sorry!" He shouted, and for whatever reason, tears started streaming down my face.

   TOP looked alarmed, and cursed under his breath. He scooted beside me on my bed, and just stared.

   The tears just kept flowing, and I didn't even know why. I hid my face under the blankets. I hated crying. It always made me feel weak and vulnerable and useless. it up Ji Eun, I told myself.

   "Sorry..." I muttered, with my head still buried. Agh, this is so embarrassing. 

   "Didn't I just tell you to stop saying sorry?" I heard his voice say.

   "Sorry.. I mean..." I stopped when Seunghyunnie removed the blanket, and helped me to sit up.

  "Do you cry on a daily basis? You should really stop doing that," He glanced at me and I stared back.

  "Agh, I'm so horrible at this." I heard him mutter to himself under his breath, and I chuckled a bit. He looked at me hopefully, and dabbed my tears away with the blanket.

   "What I meant to say was that by being so nice.. to me.. all the time, you're only hurting yourself. Stop blaming yourself for every single thing. I..." He coughed.

 

  "I..." he started again, but looked away. Huh? What was going on?

  "What is it? Just say it." I said in a small voice, the sobs subsiding.

   "Cough cough iaesofkj cough," He coughed.

   "What?" I asked, perplexed.

   "Cough cough iasdflkjamdasf cough!" He repeated, louder this time, but words still jumbled.

   "I'm sorry?" In a slip of tongue I said the taboo word.

 

   He nodded?

   "No, what did you say?" I asked.

   "I said, I am sorry!" he finally said, with his eyes looking at anywhere but me. I caught his ears turning red, and a smile spread quickly across my face.

   "What for?" I teased, and his mouth pressed into a straight line.

   "For being such a jerk to you. For always making you cry. For leaving you. For throwing away the food. For treating you like a slave. For.. everything I guess." He blurted out and when he looked at me, he was once again alarmed.

   "What-wh-why are you crying again?!" He asked, shocked,

   "It's o.. okay Seunghyunnie... Thank you for coming back.." I engulfed him in a hug.

   "Aish, you should stop being such a crybaby." He muttered into my shoulder, as he patted my head.

  


[Author's note]

HI DEAR READERS! :D

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! :D

HOPE YOU LIKED THAT CHAPTER! :D

SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE! :D

THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING, NEW SUBSCRIBERS! :D

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS EVERYONE! :D

DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE IF YOU'RE NEW AND YOU LIKE THIS STORY! :D

AND LEAVE A COMMENT TOO, THANKS! :D

CREDITS TO SC.FIED FOR THE NEW AWESOME AMAZING PRETTY POSTER! :D

Whew. Was that hard to read? xD Just feeling happy today for no reason hahaha. :)

 

OKAYTHXBYE! :D

-NOTELIGHTS

 

[PS: JI EUN'S PAST STORY MAY BE REVEALED IN THE NEXT STORY! Keyword: MAY]