Please Don't Go

IT'S TOP! Well, not exactly..

 

Sunset Glow by Bigbang


 

There in all his glory, stood the fabulous TOP. But his snarl and rude comment brings me back to reality. It’s just plushie boy.

“I knew you’re a bit delusional, but who knew you’re blind too.” He said, sitting on top of a desk, “Didn’t you see that sign I wrote?”

“Oh, you mean the ‘do not disturb’ sign?” I ask, trying to keep my voice level.

“Surprise surprise! You can read! Then what’s the problem with you? Can’t you understand that I want to be left alone?” he scowls.

I feel anger rising, but try my best to remain calm. His cocky attitude is really getting on my nerves. To think that I was actually missing him this whole day.

“Well, nothing much, just a little pay back for you not doing the dishes! You’re the one that can’t understand simple words. Didn’t I clearly ask you to just wash ONE bowl yesterday? There were ants crawling all over the table! How gross is that! I cooked for you, and the least you could do was to wash up, Choi Seung Hyun.” Oops, guess I failed at keeping my cool.

To which, TOP- I mean Plushie Boy, says distractedly, “I don’t DO dishes.”

“What do you mean you don’t DO dishes. What are you, some high and mighty prince?” I say as I stalk closer to him, my eyes glaring into his, but he stubbornly looks at the ceiling with his head thrown back.

He stands up from that position and gives me a fiery glare as well, saying fiercely, “Look, I’m different from you. I’m not some-“

I clamp his mouth shut with my hand, and his widened eyes stare at mine, before the glare returns. Almost as if he’s saying, “What the hell are you doing?”

I place a finger on my lips, and with my hand still on his mouth, drag him to the back door of the class room. I force him to crouch down behind a desk and whisper quickly, “Stay here, don’t make a sound.”

“Ji Eun, are you here? Oh pretty Ji Eun~?” A voice calls from outside the classroom.

Hurriedly, I return to my seat and pretend to be doing my homework. I look up naturally, to see HIM walking through the door. When his eyes meet mine, his grin widens. I shudder.

“What do you want, pooface…” I mutter. Of all times, why now! I really need to get even with that plushie guy.

“Ah, there you are.” He smirks, and to my utmost surprise, he envelopes me in a back hug, while I still sit in my chair.

It’s stupid, but my heartbeat accelerates from the close proximity and I can’t help but stutter, “Wh-what are you d-doing?”

I can feel his chin leaning onto my right shoulder as he whispers into my ear, “Go out with me, please?”

I shiver involuntarily and I don’t dare to turn my head to look at him. As I feel my face heating up, I scold myself mentally. Stupid teenage hormones!

“Is that a yes?” His grip on me tightens. “Silence means consent, huh?”

My brain finally starts functioning properly and I snap out of my trance. Shutting my eyes tight, I shake him off myself. He must have been surprised, because he falls to the ground, screaming.

“No! Ew, no! No way am I going out with you! I don’t even know you!” I just let the words out loudly, not even sure about what I am saying.

“Ah….” He rubs his back as he gets up from the floor, saying, “Didn’t I tell you! My name’s Zico. How do you not know me?” His husky voice is gone, and I am glad. No more trances, at least for now.

“You’re just a stalker whose name I know!” I rebut him, to which he gives me a hurt expression. He’s such a drama queen! I resist myself from rolling my eyes.

“How could you say that! We’re friends aren’t we!” He says, with that irritating expression. “Look,” he continues, getting to his feet, “I’ll pay for your camp fees if you let me take you out on a date.”

“How do you know I haven’t payed for my camp fees?” I reply, surprised. And a bit suspicious.

“That doesn’t matter. Anyway, tomorrow, 1pm at the Coffee Corner. It’s the one near our school.” He pauses, and looks at me up to down and up again. “And… try to dress up ok?”

“I really hope you can come, Ji Eun. It’ll be fun!” he takes my hands in his and looks at me with adorable hopeful eyes. Wait.. adorable?

“Bye! See you!” He says cheerfully as he exits.

I stare at the door he exited from, even though it has been a while since he left. Then the reality sinks in. A stalker just asked me out for a date?! And I said yes?! No.. calm down  Ji Eun. You didn’t say yes. He just assumed things on his own.

But still, a myriad of questions flood my mind. Why would he ask me out? I don’t even know him that well. Why would he stalk me? Could it be that… HE LIKES ME? But- but, I hardly know this guy! How is that possible? What is going on?

And when I remember his back hug, I can’t help but blush stupidly. OH, I get it now. He’s a player.

That must be it! I laugh to myself nervously. Come on, how could he like me…

Oh that’s right, TOP! He didn’t overhear this conversation did he?! For some weird reason, I get a bit excited about that. I spin around but don’t see him anywhere. On a closer look, the back door’s open, and there’s nothing left of TOP. He must have left. My heart starts pounding as my brows furrow in worry.

WHERE DID HE GO?! If anyone sees him, he’ll definitely be recognized! And no doubt, TOP Oppa, the real one, would get into trouble! I mean, imagine people spotting Plushie Boy and assuming that TOP Oppa appeared in such a run down and weird place. Rumours are bound to fly! Aish, how could he just leave like that!

With all these thoughts, I’m sent into a frenzy as I dash out of the classroom, looking for my TOP. Wait, did I just- I meant, Plushie boy.

 

[“Plushie Boy”’s POV]

This girl. Is she kidding me? How can she expect someone like ME to do the dishes? She’s clearly stupid.

I grumble in my mind as I hear someone speaking. This position is really uncomfortable. How dare she put me through all this! Making me squat? What, just so she can keep her beloved “TOP OPPA”’s reputation clean? Psh, oh please.

I peek at her through the gaps of the desk. There’s this guy… hugging her?!

Ha, he must have really terrible taste to like someone like her! Hmm… maybe she didn’t want that guy to see me? What’s so embarrassing about me, huh. She should be honoured for even knowing me.

Come to think of it, now’s the perfect time to just, escape! I have been dying to get out of that tiny house of hers since FOREVER. Since she’s so caught up with lover boy, this is the best chance I have!

I duck-walk to the door and slowly open the door. After closing it silently, I explore the place. It seems like I’m in her school. DUH. It’s really old though. Perfect for someone like June, or whatever her name is. The lights are dim; is the school under budget or something? So far until now, I haven’t met any students yet, and this is a good thing. I don’t want another crazy girl kidnapping me, just because I look like some top. Really silly name, by the way.

I walk past many classrooms, which are all empty. Strange. Then I stumble upon this room, which is different from the rest. Flicking the light switch on, I am amazed at all the different clothes which surround me. It’s a clothes store! Even though they aren’t fantastic, they’ll pass. I grab a Joker mask, and eye it in awe. This is so wicked! After looking around, the only thing which looks not-too-bad is the leather coat. But I grimace as I smoothen the coat with my fingers. It’s fake leather. Sigh, because of this plushie curse I have to resort to fake clothes. I feel irritation building up inside my chest. Speaking of clothes, I should have asked June to buy me some GOOD ones. Or just give me money to, since I don’t trust her style. Just look at her tacky clothes and you’ll know that she doesn’t have a very good fashion sense. But wearing that two layered t-shirt and boyfriend jeans everyday is making me feel sick of it.

With my new look, I exit the room. Hmm… a sign on its door says “Drama club”… Too bad, drama club, for leaving your door open. All this stuff is mine! They should get new and better clothes anyway.

As I exit the campus, the security guard gives me the weird eye. Never seen someone look so cool before? “Why so serious!” I growl in my Joker voice and give him the finger, before speeding off. Hahaha he looks so furious right now.

Outside, it’s cold, and the coat doesn’t do a lot to keep me warm. Stupid coat. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but my spirits are soaring for being able to go outside. To even just see the vast sky, and watch people around me stare at me… No wait, I take that back. I hate these low-class people. That’s the WORST thing about this curse. That I have to mingle around these filthy and poor people.

STOP STARING, don’t you know it’s rude?! I almost want to scream at them, but right now my main focus is getting as far away as the school as I can.  I know the joker mask is cool, but their stares are really fueling my irritation at this whole plushie situation. “Then don’t wear the mask,” a voice inside me says.

I feel like cursing. I’m not wearing the mask to protect that stupid TOP’s identity. I’m just… afraid to be recognized by June. Yeah, that’s why! But why does it feel like I’m trying to convince myself instead?

As I walk further on down, I see two rows of shops lining the roads which are in between them. Curious, I take a left turn and end up in a park. It’s small (as expected from this town) and there are many kids playing around. Even though this is my grand escape, I don’t have any idea what to do. My feet wander towards a bench and I sit down, watching people have fun. Which is a big contrast to what I did for the past few days. For the past few days all I did at home was watch tv. And more tv. And even more tv.

I thought that my freedom would feel so fresh and blissful, which it kind of does, but I’m still feeling empty. I stare at a kid playing with his remote control car, laughing happily even though I don’t see what’s so funny. Somehow, this scene before me makes me even more furious.

Something’s ripping my heart, and so I take huge steps forward, and snatch that kid’s toy.

Maybe that something is about seeing him so happy. While I’m not.

 

[Ji Eun’s POV]

My heart’s racing, and tears are welling up in my eyes. Don’t cry Ji Eun, there’s nothing to cry about! I tell myself that, but it only makes more tears spring to my eyes. I’ve searched everywhere. He’s gone. He really is. I can’t find him!

He’s not in school. And this information sends me dashing down the road. Where could he be? Why is he gone? What if I never find him again?

Maybe… maybe all this time he didn’t want to stay with me. Which makes sense, because why would he?

Because I fed him well with food I don't even buy for myself. Because I braved the winds and cold to bring him back. Because I sacrificed so much money and food for him. Why would he want to leave someone like that?

Maybe… maybe he had been planning for this all along. His grand escape. So that he can get away from this girl who’s infatuated with this guy who looks like him. But why? Haven’t I given him enough?

And then I realize, that actually I don’t know much about him. All this time when he made rude comments or gave me evil glares, I only brushed it aside.

“Oh, I know he doesn’t mean it.”

“He’s just shy.”

“He looks so cute when he frowns!”

“He looks so hot when he’s angry.”

That’s what I thought whenever we “fought”. This brings me to another shocking realization, and that is even though I’ve tried my hardest, I still treat him as TOP. I don’t see him as whoever he is.

Even though I may know TOP very well, this guy isn’t TOP. Maybe every time we fought, he was cursing me to death. Even though I’ve known him for one week, I don’t really know anything about him. Who is he, other than a guy who looks like TOP? What does he do while I’m away?

But you can’t blame me too.. I’ve tried talking to him.

I’m now at the park, still frantically looking around for him. I’m about to leave and go to somewhere else, when I hear a boy crying and shouting. I follow his voice, and at the same time wipe my tears away. A little boy is crying as he grapples with this tall guy. In between them is a toy car. It’s just some bully, most probably, but with the Joker mask on, the guy looks even scarier. Like he’s some criminal.. who’s snatching a child’s toy. How childish. I want to leave, I need to leave. I need to find that plushie boy. I just need to, even though I don’t know why. Maybe I have grown to be attached to him. After all, it has been so long since I’ve needed to take care of someone. It has been so long since someone has been staying with me at home.

Even so, I can’t bear to leave a helpless boy by himself, fending off some jerk. And so, I intervene. I give all my strength as I grab the guy’s hands and give him my best glare.

“Hands off.” I say in the fiercest voice I can, but it only comes out weak since I’ve just been crying.

The guy suddenly stops pulling the toy away, as if he is looking at me. But I don’t know, because his face is hidden from the mask. I take this opportunity to snatch the toy out of his grasp, but his grip is still firm. I try punching his arm, his chest, to which seems to anger him. He whacks my arm, and it stings. I don’t have time for this. And so, I just desperately say, “Please give the boy back his toy. You’re old enough to buy one for yourself. I don’t have time for this, I need to look for someone.” I regret it, because I can feel the tears coming back. I look down and try to blink them back. The guy still doesn’t want to let go of the toy. In frustration, I just repeatedly punch his arms and finally he starts grunting in pain.

“Stop!” I hear him growl, but I won’t until he lets go of the toy.

“Stop. It’s me, it’s me!” At that, I DO stop. Curious, I reach out for his mask and pull it slowly. It’s him. TOP. I let out a gasp. I just stare at his defiant face, because I don’t know if I should shout at him or cry or laugh, saying, “Why did you suddenly leave me like that?”

I yank the toy out of his hands and return it to the boy, and this stops him from crying.

“Thank you noona!” he says brightly, and I’m really glad I chose to help him get his toy back. I pat his head and smile slightly, before turning to look at plushie boy.

“Let’s go…” I say and drag TOP away, even though I don’t know what to do anymore.

I really want to scream at him for suddenly leaving. But the contract doesn’t say that he couldn’t leave. And actually, how important is a slip of paper with scribbles anyway? It’s not his fault if he wants to leave.

Pained, I look at him as we walk in silence. He has been glaring at me all along, and this really makes me snap.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” I try my best not to shout.

To which he doesn’t reply, and just continues staring. I stop in my tracks, trying to regain my composure.

“Look, I’m sorry ok. If you want to leave me, be my guest. I was just being nice.” I say.

He looks troubled and opens his mouth to speak, but closes it again.

“I’m serious. It’s ok. Just go. If you don’t appreciate what I do for you, I don’t care anymore.” I say exasperatedly.

I quickly walk ahead of him, to go home. And also since I couldn’t keep the tears in anymore. I feel stupid for crying.

He’s just a stranger, I tell myself over and over again. But this makes my heart wrench more.

Maybe all along I couldn’t accept the fact that the person I lived with everyday wasn’t TOP Oppa.

 


 

[A/N] Hello lovelies! Thank you so much for sticking with me for 17 chapters! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! :)

Just thought I'd give you guys an update as a Christmas gift! :) 

Christmas is tomorrow, aren't you excited?! :D May you have a very blessed Christmas and do remember that Christmas is about love!! :D 

Do comment, please?? :) Let me know what you think about Plushie Boy, or who or what you may want to see more of in this fanfic. :) 

And @MarshmalowHugs, so sorry it isn't Jong! >w< Don't worry, I'll try to include more Jong in my story. ;) 

BYEEE! :) 

-Notelights


Update (25 DEC) : Sorry guys, I only realized today that I didn't actually post it yesterday, which I thought I did. I still had the 'hide chapter' selection on, LOL. Epic fail... Anyway, Merry Christmas!! :) 

And actually, this is the end to the fanfic. Plushie guy just leaves because he feels like he's being kidnapped.

The end. Thanks for reading! :) 

 

 

 

 

 

WAIT DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE, IT WAS A JOKE. 

The fun has just begun, people! Look forward to the next chapter okay! :) Yeah, i was kidding, the whole thing about the story ending is false. 

Kthxbye. :D

-Notelights