Kiss is the Key

IT'S TOP! Well, not exactly..

Song of the chapter

First Kiss by Ft Island


 

 

[Seunghyunnie’s POV]

 

“Erm Ji Eun?” I asked in a soft voice. Because soft voices are best for stuff like this.

 

 

“Hmmm?” She murmured her voice still a bit shaky because she was still crying a little. Man, this girl has seriously got to stop crying. It’s getting on my nerves.

 

 

“Can you help me with something?” I asked, and pulled away from her tight embrace. How thankful was I, since her hug was suffocating me to death.

 

 

“What is it? Of course I’d help you. What are friends for right?” I know she meant well, and I know that was sweet, but I couldn’t help but say...

 

 

“For hugging! Or For sharing a room!" between guffaws.

 

“I can’t believe you said that! That was so cliche! Ahahaha... What are friends for? Tell me then, what are friends for?” I bellowed in laughter. It just tickled me so much! I couldn’t help it! She was being so stupid. Who asks that nowadays?

 

 

I caught Ji Eun’s eye in the midst of my laughing, and boy was the emotion she exuded scary. A death glare.

 

 

 

 

Haha just kidding, Ji Eun could never be scary.

 

 

“Oh, so this isn’t scary huh?” twitched downwards even more, and she whacked me in the chest. Oops, apparently I said that out loud. “There, happy? Ugh, I’m going out now..You’d better not leave the room.”  

 

 

“Wait.. wait.. I’m.. I’m sorry...! Ahahaha...” I called out to her but she had already left with a loud slam of the door.  I can’t stop laughing for some unknown reason! I mean seriously, “What are friends for”? That’s so cheesy!!

 

 

Ahhh.... haha... ha..

 

 

Ha..

 

 

It was only after a while when I had finally calmed down, that I started regretting my actions. . Oh no, what have I done?

 

I’ve made Ji Eun angry, when all she did was agree to help me! Oh no, we're going to suffer from her wrath! we’re all going to die! I’d better run after her just like they do in the movies!

 

Just kidding, what I actually realized was that I blew my chance.

 

 

I was going to ask her a very important question, or rather just try my chances with my new-found theory.

 

 

I call it, the “Kiss is the Key” theory.

 

 

Sounds grand, eh?

 

 

Yup, this whole crying touching moment was all planned from the beginning. You didn’t think ALL THOSE MUSHY STUFF SAID PREVIOUSLY WERE REAL DID YOU?

 

 

“Why do you always make me feel this.. heavy feeling in my chest? It’s starting to really get to me, you know!”

 

 

“Stop blaming yourself for every single thing..”

 

 

“I am sorry”

 

 

Just thinking about those cheesy lines make me shudder. Psh, you think I’d actually say all those stuff from my heart?  Ha, no..! No... Really... they were just.. lines I’ve already planned beforehand.. to test out my theory! Yeah, of course.

 

 

Only, I just had to ruin my plan by laughing. But it was really funny though, I couldn’t take it.

 

 

So, previously, I was struggling in Ji Eun’s bag (mentally) because I could see the cockroach scurrying everywhere in her bag. And  during that period, I’ve been thinking about this whole situation the whole time. Thinking about this plushie curse I’m stuck in, actually.

 

 

So far, what I know about this curse is that...

 

 

Number 1) When I am in my plushie form, I can’t move my body at all. (duh) However, I can’t feel any pain at all, which is a plus point. To be more exact... I can’t feel anything when I’m in my plushie form. Sure, I can hear conversations, and I can see things, smell probably, but I’m not  able to feel or touch anything..

 

 

Anyways, moving on now.

 

 

Number 2)  It seems like there is a time limit for every time I turn into this TOP human form.

 

And it seems like I have no control whatsoever as to how long I want to be in this form, nor when I want to be in this form. I really should start timing myself the next time I turn into a person.

 

As I thought these things over, I tried to recall everything that has happened so far. Just how did I become a plushie? Agh, I really can’t remember a thing prior to me becoming like this... Let’s see...

...

 

And then I got it.

 

 

The kiss.

 

 

From Ji Eun.

 

 

She was doing some weird stuff, crying (as always), and then she placed a big fat wet kiss on my small plushie face. And the next day, I found myself in her bed, as a human form of TOP. That was the first time I ever transformed into my human self.

 

 

Maybe if I *ahem* kiss her, then I would be able to fully break this curse!

 

 

I’m a genius!!

 

 

And I had been counting on that moment just now to sneak a peck on her lips, just like she did on mine, but then, I had to blow my chances by ruining the moment.

 

 

That’s right, the question I wanted to ask Ji Eun just now, when everything was so touching and the tension was building up, was, -Would you kiss me?

 

 

I shuddered at these disgusting thoughts, but I guess it can’t be helped. I would do anything just to break free from this curse! And I’m pretty sure she would also agree to kiss someone who looks exactly like her TOP oppa, in a heartbeat. If all else fails, I could just kiss any random passing student, right? Hmm... maybe as long as I kiss someone this would work. Maybe it doesn’t have to be Ji Eun.

 

 

Oh well.

 

 

Maybe I really should run after her now.

 

After all, the sooner I can break this curse, the better!

 

---

 

 

Where is she?

 

 

I walked briskly, and tried my best not to look suspicious. Of course, with my perfect height, and well, charisma that was simply overflowing out of me, it would be hard not to attract attention. That would most probably explain why everyone I’ve passed by is looking at me weirdly. Oh well, what can I say, I’m awesome.

 

 

Finally, I spotted her small frame curled up into a ball on the couch. I had reached the lobby by now, and it was practically empty and lonesome... Eerie. I heard shouts and looked outside of the window nearby. Outside, there were kids playing soccer, and some girls watching them.  It looked much brighter outside than here.

 

 

Well, Ji Eun’s weird anyway.

 

 

“Hey Ji Eun.” I said, but she ignored me. What is she, angry?

 

Oh gosh, she’s so creepy; now she’s giggling to herself as she stares at her phone’s screen!

 

“AHEM,” I cleared my throat, demanding her attention. To which, she still continued being fixated on her screen.

 

 

“Just what are you looking at?!” I scooted closer to her as I sat down, and shoved my face in between hers and the screen. Of course, what else could it be. “Her” TOP oppa.

 

 

“Hey! You-” she immediately gave me that painful whack on my head, but then stopped mid-sentence.

 

 

“Choi Seunghyun whatareyoudoinghere!” She half whispered and half said.

 

 

“No, this disguise isn’t good enough! Anyone can tell that it’s TOP Oppa wearing a scarf and sunglasses!” she said in that frantic voice of hers, as she shifted my scarf roughly and pulled it all the way up so that it was covering my entire face and eyes.

 

 

I readjusted my scarf so that I could see.

 

 

“Well, why else did you bring this? Isn’t it so that I can go out as well? You don’t expect me to stay cooped up in that hotel room forever right?” I eyed her.

 

 

“Why not!?” she asked, shocked. “It’s such a big and beautiful room! You could watch TV, have a nice bubble bath, watch the clouds; there are so many things to do in there!”

 

 

“Yeah, well if you want to then you can-”

 

 

“Come, let’s go. Hurry, before anyone sees you!” she said in a hushed tone, and got up to her feet to drag me away.

 

 

“Some people already have actually...” I mumbled.

 

 

“What?!” She halted in her tracks and glared at me. “What if they recognize you as TOP?! Do you know that this will not only endanger TOP Oppa’s career but also create a huge commotion- worldwide?! How could you just walk around as if you own the place! You're unbelievable!” She continuously lashed out at me, catching me by surprise. Her pace quickened and her grip tightened. A truly angry Ji Eun is a very rare sight. I meekly let her pull me to the room.

 

 

“Look...” I started when she refused to look at me even after dragging me to the room, “I was wearing the scarf and the sunglasses which you packed, so no one could have recognized me.”

 

 

“Whatever,” She huffed, “I really didn’t think that you would breach the contract’s terms.”

 

 

“The contract...?” I furrowed my brows in confusion at her.

 

 

“What? Do you think I created that for fun?! I told you to stay here, and according to the first condition, 'Plushie boy is to listen to whatever Ji Eun says’.  Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten? Your identity can never be revealed to anyone! Ha, why else do you think I gave you a place to stay?” She sneered at me, and my frown deepened. What she said packed a punch. What was she so angry for?

 

 

“Since when did we seriously follow the terms of the contract..?” I asked.

 

 

“Since NOW. Don’t try to defend yourself when you’re clearly in the wrong!” Ji Eun shouted and turned her back towards me.

 

 

I gawked at her. Why is she making such a big fuss over me going out? I’m not her prisoner!

 

 

I stared at her as she furiously typed something into her phone, and realized that she was wearing these ridiculous socks.

 

 

“Wow Ji Eun, TOP socks? What kind of....” My voice trailed off, as I watched her leave the room once again in anger at what I've said, without even glancing at me once. Seriously, what did I even do wrong?!

 

 

I seethed in anger, myself, at the absurdity of this whole situation, just sitting on the bed and replaying the whole scene in my mind over and over again. It’s not like this is the first time I’ve been out with that disguise! Well, so what if I didn’t wear a mask? Or a trench coat? What did she want me to do; mummify myself so nobody would know I had the same face as her beloved TOP Oppa?! The more I think about it, the more indignant I feel.

 

 

Feeling the boiling sensation reach its peak, I made up my mind to confront Ji Eun. She can’t just scold me for something I wasn’t at fault for. I stomped all the way to the lobby where she had been sitting, but still made sure to cover at least half of my face.

 

 

I was greeted by a hilarious sight- Ji Eun’s arms sprawled all over the couch in the lobby, and her drooling everywhere. Oh dear, what is this girl doing in a public place!

 

 

I grinned and bent down to watch this scene closer. Man, if only I had a camera, then I could totally take a picture of her now and blackmail her later on!

 

 

It’s a good thing that everyone else is socializing downstairs. Gosh, I feel so embarrassed for her.  Doesn’t she have any basic etiquette? This is a public place for goodness’ sake!

 

 

I dabbed around using the free tissues provided at the coffee table. She stirred a little in her sleep and frowned. If she wanted to sleep, she could have just gone to our room, why is she...

 

 

Oh.

 

 

Wow- was she that angry that she didn’t even want to sleep comfortably if it meant seeing me? I really don’t get what she’s so angry about. I stared at her frowning, sleeping face. For some weird reason, my mind drifted to the previous touchy mushy moments...

 

 

No. Just- no. I really really really did not mean those sticky cheesy words just now. Really. I did NOT. It was all part of my plan! Hahaha!

 

Get a grip, Choi Seunghyun!

 

Argh, now I’m even using the name she gave me!

 

 

I lay my face in front of hers, and stared. There was just something that made me watch her. Something that made me.. drawn to her. I didn’t know what I was doing or why I was doing this. All I knew was that I was closing the distance between us. Just a peck on her soft lips, I told myself. I’m doing this so that I can break free from the curse. That’s why...

 

 

My lips landed on her soft ones, and I immediately swiftly heaved myself away from her.

 

 

Stop, stop it. Why am I so nervous? It’s just a peck! I’m not doing anything wrong! In fact, I should be happy that I finally got to kiss her! A small smile threatened to spread to the corners of my face. What, wait, no, as in, happy because I could finally test out my theory... Erm what was that.. The “Kissing key” theory.. Erm..

 

 

Ugh, I hate this painful feeling in my chest. My eyes darted everywhere as my breathing became ragged.

 

 

Could it be... that the curse is finally broken?! Maybe that’s why my body is behaving so weirdly!

 

 

I lifted my arms and stared at them, anticipating the moment whereby I sparkle or morph into my former human self or just anything to happen.

 

 

Nothing happened.

 

 

Maybe I had to wait awhile?

 

 

Oh , I should stop smiling. Why am I smiling? WHY AM I SMILING? STOP SMILING-

 

 

My thoughts came to a screeching halt.

 

 

I had seen a flurry of movement near the hallways where the rooms were.

 

 

I realized that my face was bare, since my scarf had dropped to the floor a long time ago. And  I felt my heart drop. Ji Eun’s words from our argument just now played in my head, “What if they recognize you as TOP?!”

 

 

I gaped at where I had seen the movement as dread overwhelmed me.

 

 

Who was watching us?

 

 

And for how long had that person been watching us?

 

 


 

 

[Author's note:]

Hi guys! Sorry for taking SOOOOO LONG to update! :( Kind of busy now with lots of work, yikes.

Once again thanks for reading and do leave a comment! :)

<3 Notelights :)