Here Comes Trouble

IT'S TOP! Well, not exactly..

Tic Toc by Infinite


 

 

[Seunghyunnie’s POV]

 

 

 

 

  “Morning Hyunnie Oppa!! Rise and Shine! I’ll bring you along with me okay, so that you won’t be lonely staying here by yourself!” a bright voice woke me from my sleep.

 

 

 

   I blinked, or at least tried to. Oh, it looks like I’m in my plushie form again.

  

 

  I was lifted up by Ji Eun, and dropped into her bag. Her plastic bag. Seriously? Who uses a plastic bag as a handbag?!

 

 

 

 

 “Hyunnie Oppa, we’ll be going to the beach today! Isn’t that just awesome? Oh and erm... I’m really sorry for the whole disguise thing again. I brought a mask with me though, so maybe you could wear it.” Ji Eun blabbered on and on, as I limply watched the 'sky' change as she walked through different rooms.

 

 

 

   Wow. Oppa. Hahaha that sounds really nice for some reason.

 

 

 

   After a while, I heard more voices speaking. I wasn’t given a clear view of what was happening, so I could only guess.

 

 

 

 “Ji Eun ah!” A voice exclaimed excitedly, and the plastic bag shook violently. Who is this, that yoseob guy again?

 

 

 

 “Guess what~? We’re in the same class next year!” He shouted merrily and apparently Ji Eun

 jumped happily at this news, because the whole bag started jerking up and down. Someone help me. I want to puke, both at this guy's extremely disgusting voice and the intense rocking.

 

 

 

  “What? Oh no... And could you let go of me now?” I heard Ji Eun say. Oh, so it’s this stupid guy who’s jumping. Wait.. does that mean that he is slinging his hand around Ji Eun or something?!

 

 

 

  “Hey! Why do you sound so disappointed? You’re hurting my feelings!” this annoying guy whined. EW. "Oh, and don't you forget who paid for this camp, and who gave you a job~"

 

 

 

  “Alright alright. Yay. We’re in the same class.” Ji Eun said in defeat. Psh, so what if he paid for her camp and gave her a job. Does that make him any greater than me, her OPPA? This arrogant fool.

 

 

 

  “That’s more like it! Come on, let’s go! The rest of our class is already waiting. We’re going kayaking today. Isn’t that fun?” The male friend said.

 

 

 

 

  “Sure, pooface...” HAHA GOOD ONE JI EUN! Even by listening to his voice, I can tell he looks ugly. Oh, but this also means that it isn’t that yoyo guy?

 

 

 

 

  “ZEE-CO, the name’s ZEE-CO, Ji Eun. Or you could just call me ‘Oppa’ too if you want.” This guy is such a flirt. What he said sent shivers down my spine. I can assure you that if I'm in my human form now, my whole BODY would be covered with goosebumps. But somehow... I seem to have heard his name somewhere before.
 

   I was tossed around as Ji Eun rushed here and there. This camp she is at seems to be very happening. I cringed when I overheard her lousy attempts at trying to befriend her classmates. She is such an awkward girl.

 

 

 

  Finally, she placed me down on the pavement. It was great, since I could finally relax from being thrown around like garbage in her plastic bag. I could hear the soft lapping of the waves, and smell salt. I’m guessing that we’re at the beach. I was at a pretty good position, since I could observe the clouds drifting lazily above me as I laid comfortably on my back. How I wish I could be like them... Free...

 

 

 

 

  A head blocked my view of the clouds, and casted a shadow around me. I felt things being shifted, and after a while, this person grabbed hold of me.  

 

 

  I couldn't see the person’s face clearly, since there’s a shadow casted on it. But one thing I could be sure of, is that this person isn’t Ji Eun. Who is he and what is he doing, rummaging through Ji Eun’s bag? There are sirens going off wildly in my head!

  

 

  From the corner of my eyes, I saw this person my cheek. Ew, it’s another TOP-crazy fan.

 

 

  She moved her head slightly, allowing some sunlight to shine on her face.

 

 

 

  It's not a "her", but it's a "him". Jonghyun?!

 

 

 

  What is he doing to her bag? Don’t tell me he’s planning something nasty?

 

 

 

  I felt myself tensing up.

 

 

 

  “Ji Eun... Just what are you hiding from me now... This all seems too suspicious.” I heard him utter under his breath, as he stared at me. There was something in his eyes that made me feel uncomfortable. It wasn’t hatred, it wasn’t menace. It was sadness.

 

 

 

 

  He must have heard something, because his head jerked to look away. I felt myself fall together with the bag downwards until we landed with a thud. He must have ran away.

 

 

  I’m getting an uneasy feeling about this. How is a TOP fan having a plushie doll suspicious? Just what did Jonghyun mean when he said that?

 

 

 

  Could it be that... he was the one who saw me kissing Ji Eun yesterday? NAH, that's impossible! I laughed inwardly.

 

 

  

  I had all the time in the world the whole day, to ponder about everything as Ji Eun went about her “class-bonding activities”. I actually wished I didn’t have so much time, because the more I tried to wrap everything around my head, the more troubled and confused I would get.

 

 

 

  What if, and I mean IF, Jonghyun really knew about me? Ji Eun would definitely hate me for endangering her TOP Oppa’s career! Given Jonghyun’s nature, would he blackmail Ji Eun about this? He would definitely announce this to the entire world, wouldn’t he?! Ji Eun’s suffering would be his greatest joy!

 

 

  Oh no.. I have to tell Ji Eun before this is too late!

 

 

  But then... This would mean that she would have to know about me kissing her...

 

 

  My mind flashed back to that incident. How soft her lips felt on mine, how I actually wanted more...

 

 

  WHAT AM I THINKING. I brought myself back to reality in shock.

 

 

 

  I could feel my cheeks heating up already, even though I was in my plushie form. No no... I can’t let her know about this... ARGH, BRAIN, STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT KISS!

 

 

  It wasn’t even a kiss! It was a peck! Argh.

 

 

 Argh.

 

 

 

  *POOF*

 

 

 

  I turned into my human form, ripping the plastic bag into pieces. YES, FINALLY! I felt my senses return to me, and I stretched a little. Ah, that felt good. Wait I'm supposed to remember something....

 

  I looked around frantically. Thankfully there was no one in this room I was in. I quickly searched Ji Eun’s bag for the mask she mentioned, and put it on. I found a pair of sunglasses, so I slipped that on too as well.

 

 

  Cautiously, I exited the room. I couldn’t wait inside there for someone to discover me.

 

 

  I needed to find Ji Eun, and fast.

 

 

  Back straight, strides laidback, I told myself. Don’t look suspicious.

 

 

  I walked along the corridor. Apparently we were at the Hotel’s ground floor.

 

 

 

  I was surrounded by a group of students. Some were chatting as they strolled, while others were running in a distance. Strangely, some of them had nametags behind their backs.

 

 

  What should I do? Ah, what am I so worried for? I do have a disguise on! People won’t be able to recognize me!

 

 

 

  I smiled broadly. In fact, I could use this chance to explore this luscious hotel! YES! WIN! I did a mini celebratory dance in my head.

 

 

 

 

  It had high ceilings, and very elaborate decorations. Marble floor, and bright lightings. The walls were lined with beautiful paintings. I was having a great time admiring the paintings, when I heard some chattering around me.

 

 

  “Hey, that person looks suspicious don’t you think?”

 

   

  “Yeah, why is he wearing sunglasses indoors?”

 

 

   “I think he’s one of the Running Man!”

 

 

  I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand when I realized that they were talking about me.

 

 

  I quickened my pace, walking ahead of the group with no destination in mind. I heard hurried footsteps behind me.

 

 

 

  I saw the restroom up ahead. Maybe I could hide in there? No, I would only trap myself if they persistently waited for me outside.

 

 

  I glanced back, and saw that they were still following me! These persistant ants! I hurried more, but there wasn’t any crowd so I couldn’t hide myself.

 

 

 

  My strides grew bigger, and soon I was jogging. Turning corridors, cutting through shops.

 

 

 

  But it was no good, the group of teenagers were hot on my heels.

 

 

 

 

  In a panic, I ran.

 

 

 

  “Hey! You, stop!” They shouted. "Guys, over there! That person in sunglasses! Catch him!"

 

 

 

  Ha, try catching me now? With my speed, I bet they wouldn’t be able to even come close. I can run fast!

 

 

 

  Wow, it seems like teens these days can... run.. fast too...

 

 

 

  After a while, I started to get just A LITTLE bit weary. Just how long do I need to continue running?!

 

 

 

  I spotted a small figure in the distance, and on closer inspection, it was Ji Eun! THANK GOODNESS! I dashed towards her, with the kids still running close behind. I almost ran into her at the speed I was going.

 

 

 

  “Oppa?” Ji Eun asked, alarmed.

 

 

 

  I could hear the people approaching closer and closer. I shook her shoulders desperately, as if to tell her to say something quickly.

 

 

 “Ahjussi? Didn’t I ask you to stay at home? Why are you running?” Ji Eun asked loudly, intending for the people to hear it, I supposed. I just hoped that they didn’t hear the tremble in Ji Eun’s voice.

 

 

 

 “Ah.. these kids started chasing me so I was scared and I ran.” I played along with her in a high-pitched voice.

 

 

 

  I heard grunts of disappointment and sighs behind me, and Ji Eun forced out a laugh.

 

 

 

  They must have gone away, because Ji Eun started lecturing me.

 

 

  “Hyunnie Oppa! You should have been more careful! That was so close!”

 

 

   “Ah, I’m sorry alright! You know I can’t control when I want to be human!” I explained.

 

 

 

   “Aish, I should have left you in the dorm room, if I knew it would be like this.” she said, making me panic.

 I took off my mask and sunglasses, to start pleading with her. I knew there was one thing this tough girl couldn't resist, and that was my handsome face.

 

 

 

 “Hyunnie Oppa! Don’t take off your-”

 

 

 

 “Awww~ Please Ji Eun~” I said, pouting and fluttering my eyelashes slightly at her. I saw her bite her lip to stop herself from smiling, and I congratulated myself for my success.

 

 

 A voice interrupted our conversation, just when I saw her flushing.

 

 

 

 “Well, well, well, what do we have here?”

 

 

 

 Ji Eun’s eyes widened and colour drained from her face. I couldn’t see who it was since my back was turned towards that person, but I recognized that voice instantly. Jonghyun.

 

 

 

  Something in my brain clicked, and I smiled victoriously. This is just the opportunity I needed to test out my “Kiss is the Key” theory. I'll just give the excuse that to make Jonghyun go away, I decided to kiss her. BAM! This must be what they call "Killing one bird with two stones!". I always knew I was smart.

 

 

 

  I lifted Ji Eun’s chin with my forefinger, and stared into her brown eyes.

 

 

 

  “Play along,” I mouthed, as she frowned in confusion.

 

 

 

  As I hovered closer to her, I could smell her scent, flowers. My heart beat accelerated and I breathed in sharply.

 

 

 “ What are you waiting for? Just do it!” the inner me said.

 

 

 

   My face felt hot, my breathing ragged. I couldn’t do it... I couldn’t do it with her looking at me that way.

 I bent down slightly, and finally placed my hands at the back of her head, tilting my head, closing my eyes.

 

 

 Kissing someone is the best experience you can ever have in your life. That’s what they say. Who “they” is, I will never know.

 

 

  Well, “they” are certainly wrong, because just faking a kiss is definitely not the “best experience you can ever have in your life”. It’s the worst. The most awkward experience ever, and that means it's even more awkward than dancing with turtles.

 

 

 

 

  I could feel Ji Eun’s breathing and mine mingle, with the close proximity that was shared between us. I wanted her to sling  her arms around my neck so it would look more realistic, but she had already frozen with shock. I nodded my head slowly, hoping it would look to Jonghyun that I was kissing her. Someone bury me now.

 

 

 

  I tilted my head stiffly to the other side, and once again nodded slowly. My lips accidentally touched hers, and I felt a jolt of electricity travel all the way from my lips to my spine, and then up to my hands. I froze, and felt my face grow even warmer.


  "Hey what are you guys... WHAT THE... Get away from her!" A familiar voice interupted our moment.

 

  I snapped out of my daze, and my eyes shot open. That's right, we were only faking a kiss to chase Jonghyun away. Why was I so-

  "OOF!" I grunted, as the weight of a hammer landed on my face. My face was yanked to the right at a sharp angle, and I think I even heard a "crack". I tried to regain my balance, but failed miserably. I crashed to the floor, and now my whole body was screaming in pain.

 

  I looked up angrily, to see Jonghyun glaring at me with his fist stuck out. This piece of .

 

  "You...." I lunged at him and threw a punch at him, at the same time thinking about all the this guy made Ji Eun go through. It landed on his arm and he staggered backwards. I smirked, feeling the adrenaline pumping in my veins. I unleashed a couple of punches at this idiot, left right, right right. A good three of them were successful, and now he was seething in anger. I laughed.

 

  "What? Can't I kiss your beloved cousin?" I mocked.

 

  Jonghyun's chest heaved up and down, and I spotted him balling his fists up tightly. He finally lifted his head, and when he looked at me, I saw the feelings in them flit from anger to shock.

 

  "Hyunnie Oppa! Stop it!" Ji Eun's shrill voice sounded.

 

  I turned to face her, just remembering that she was there. She gave me a look that was supposed to mean something, but right now I was only confused.

 

 

  "What? What is it?" I asked, and at the corner of my eye, I saw Jonghyun staring at her. "'Hyunnie Oppa?'" I heard him whisper.

 

 

  Ji Eun sighed exasperatedly, and said, "You... You... Argh. You've ruined everything!"

 

  She began to tear up and looked at me accusingly.

 

  What did I do?!

 

  "Ji Eun, a pretty lady like you shouldn't cry! Come with me, I'll take you away from these two heads!" A voice broke the tension, and I looked at the source of the voice. A guy with greasy blond hair had made his way to Ji Eun, smiling devilishly, and just as he made eye contact with me, he halted in his steps altogether.

 

  "Oh . Choi Seunghyun?! Of Bigbang?!" he exclaimed excitedly.

 

 

  And that's when I finally realized what Ji Eun was trying to tell me. Oh no, oh no. That strong feeling of dread overcame me, but this time I knew this was the WORST. I helplessly looked at Jonghyun, then at this random blonde guy, then at Ji Eun.

 

 

  Yup. He was right.

 

  Oh, .


[Author's note]

 

HI GUYS! Thanks for reading it! Double update, since I haven't updated this fic in such a long while, and since I may not be updating it very regularly again! I apologize as I've got lots of work now. We're gearing up for our exams... sobs.

 

Hope you enjoyed reading it, and as usual, do leave some comments! :)

BLOCK B WITH DA DERP FACES, OUT!

 

-notelights