I Did it For You

IT'S TOP! Well, not exactly..

 

 

What is Right- Bigbang


 

 

Hot tears streaked down Ji Eun’s cheeks.

 

Her vision was blurred, but she could still make sense of the three figures. She in a wisp of air sharply, willing herself to stop. She would not embarrass herself. She would not let her cousin have the satisfaction of seeing her in such a pathetic state—face red, shoulders dragged down, breaths coming out in wheezes. In fact, she didn't even know why she was crying, except for the fact that what she had feared the most had come true. Seunghyun's existence had been exposed, and to Jonghyun at that.

 

 

She steeled a smile, looking at Top straight in the eye, avoiding any other eye contact. Albeit so, the tears continued to flow.

 

 

"TOP hyung! Wow... You're really TOP.. Tell me this isn't all a dream!" She heard zico’s voice ring through her ears. “I.. I love you!" Ji eun felt her head spin.

 

 

"Erm… Could you stop…" TOP backed away as Zico tackled him with a furious hug. “Hyung, can we take a picture? I’m such a huge fan!"

 

 

The voices trailed off, and seemed to grow further and further. Voices and sounds swirled inside ji eun’s heavy head and she felt her knees grow weak. Focus! Her groggy mind commanded.

 

 

"Yah, answer my question…. You…TOP…" The slurring was the last she heard before she surrendered to darkness.

~~~

 

 

Jonghyun walked past the squabbling rapper and fan to where Ji Eun was, determined to bombard ji eun with questions.

 

 

"So this was your dirty little secret. I knew something was amiss." He smugly said, waiting for ji eun’s reaction. The girl’s empty eyes looked at him, and her lips parted, but no sound came out.

 

 

At the mess she was in, he paused and smirked, stepping closer to her. “What’s that? I couldn’t hear you.”

 

 

Her glassy eyes were starting to creep him out, but he persisted, “Why don’t you tell me the love story between you and TOP here, so that I can help you become famous?”

 

 

When she didn’t answer him, he became frustrated. “Yah! Answer my question! What’s the relationship between you and TOP?" he shouted, shaking her by the shoulders.

 

 

Ji eun’s eyes rolled backwards, disappearing behind her eyelids as she slumped towards him. “Yah!” Jonghyun shouted.

 

 

"What the.." His eyes widened, and for a moment he just stared, mouth agape, unsure of what to do. He shot a glance at the two guys behind him who were still squabbling. "Hey you two! Could you believe it! She actually fainted! Haha what a-" he was cut short, as a strong tug made him fall backwards. He fell on his back with an “oomph!", in the process scraping his arms.

 

 

He seethed in pain, and trailed the red lines on his arms gently. His head shot up, and upon seeing Ji Eun lying limply in Top’s arms , he reeled in anger. He muttered a string of curses as he picked himself up. The blond dude came as well, eyes raking ji eun’s face.

 

 

 

What did she do to have two guys worrying for her? She certainly doesn't deserve such concern. Jonghyun thought, with gritted teeth.

 

 

He watched from a distance as Zico lifted Ji Eun onto TOP’s back, and TOP galloped away, his face hidden behind his mask. Here little horsey!  Jonghyun let out a laugh. With a last look, he decided to return back to his room.

 

 

He flipped open his phone, and looked through its contents thoughtfully. Upon reaching the picture he was looking for, he stopped. He narrowed his eyes at the face. Yep, it was definitely TOP alright.

 

 

When he looked around, he was slightly taken aback. He had been fixated on his phone, and had let his legs lead him. And his legs had led him to the elevator with TOP, the blond guy and the dead ji eun. Despite TOP being a douchebag, Jonghyun couldn’t help but stare at him in awe. He had listened to Big Bang songs countless times. Who would have thought that he would actually meet THE TOP in real life today?

 

 

"I’m a huge fan," he said, before he could stop himself.

 

 

Top looked transferred his gaze from ji eun’s face to his, and eyed Jonghyun from head to toe. Jonghyun fidgeted awkwardly. Top smiled a bit too radiantly, saying “Is that so? What a pleasure.”

 

 

Jonghyun stared at him, mouth agape. He was surprised by the venom in Top’s words.

 

 

The remaining journey up to the dorm was silently torturous. When the sweet “ding” that signaled the arrival if their floor was heard, Jonghyun couldn’t have been more happy.

 

 

He rushed out, but was surprised to find the other two following him. It was only when he reached his room that he realized why.

 

 

He sneaked a glance at the two guys marching in to Ji Eun’s room, which was apparently opposite his. When he heard the slam of the door, his shoulders finally relaxed. He looked at the door warily. How did top know where ji eun was staying? And what should he do with this new piece of information?

 

He brandished his phone, finger holding on number 1 for speed dial--- his sister.

 

~~~

TOP pointedly stared at the blond guy. So this was the guy who liked to hug ji eun huh?

 

The blond was holding ji eun’s hand, and watching her face closely, almost as if her face were a football match. Color had returned to her face, after this person had tucked her in. Top sighed. He was secretly angry that this guy had been the one taking care of Ji Eun, but was also thankful. He wouldn’t have known what to do in such a situation.

 

“Hey dude, thanks for taking care of Ji Eun.” Top had to clench his fist in order to spit the words out. The blond didn’t look at him, as he answered. “You can call me Zico. And… Don’t mention it.”

 

Inside, Zico's heart was racing. Did TOP just thank him for taking care of Ji Eun? Why was he taking responsibility for her, as if she was his girlfriend? He felt his grip on Ji Eun’s hand tighten.

 

“I’m just curious, but what relationship do you have with Ji Eun?” he said. Gone was the adoration in his voice.

 

“What?” TOP said, caught offguard. He wanted to hit himself once the word came out.

 

 

“I said, what-”

 

“We have a fan and celebrity relationship.” He congratulated himself for being such a quick thinker silently.

 

“Oh? A celebrity would visit a fan?” Zico laughed.

 

This guy doesn’t know how to shut his mouth. Top thought bitterly. “Mind your own-”

 

“Oppa…” Ji Eun whispered, rendering TOP silent. He was about to respond when Zico beat him to it. “Yes? Ji Eun, Oppa’s here.” Zico inched his face closer to ji eun’s, as if it wasn’t close enough.

 

TOP felt his blood boil. Who was he to take his title of “oppa”? And why on earth was he using that sickening sweet tone on her? He cut across Zico’s hand, and helped Ji eun sit up.

 

“Ji eun, are you feeling better?” His arm stayed glued to her back. He smirked secretly.

 

“Here, a glass of water,” Zico said, bringing a glass to her lips. TOP glared at him. How did he go over to her other side so quickly?! “Drink slowly,” Zico said, placing two fingers under her chin.

 

“I’ll do it,” TOP swatted his hand away, only to let the glass fall. Water gushed down ji eun’s blanket and clothes. Zico stared at top, and top hurriedly grabbed some tissues nearby, alarmed. “Go get her some new clothes!” Zico shouted, and TOP dashed out of her room obediently.

 

 

When he returned, his eyes boggled at what he was seeing. Zico was dabbing the tissue napkins all over the blanket, her shirt, mainly her stomach area and ji eun was just gazing at him… He felt a sickening feeling in his stomach.

 

 

“What are you doing?!” TOP grabbed Zico’s shirt in a fistful and yanked him up.

 

“I, was clearing the mess you made.” Zico said with gritted teeth.

 

Angered further, he unleashed a punch to his face.

 

“Hyunnie oppa!” Ji eun shrieked in shock, despite her weak form.

 

“Get out,” TOP uttered, “get out NOW!” He pushed the struggling Zico all the way to the door and slammed it close.

 

 

Outside, Zico was appalled. Angry, even.  "You good for nothing rapper! Let me in! How dare you!” He shouted, pounding his fists on the door until they stung. “You stupid rapper… Stupid TOP! I’m no longer your fan!” He screamed.

 

 

“Shut up!” A voice said. Zico tuned around, glaring daggers, and came face to face with Jonghyun. “You’re making such a big fuss. Keep quiet so I can go back to sleep.” Jonghyun said, before retreating into his room.

 

 

“Wow, you’ve really changed…”

 

 

“What was that?” Jonghyun shot Zico a look.

 

 

“You’re an idiot. An IDIOT.” Zico said, and walked away. Jonghyun stared at his retreating back, now being the one who was appalled.

 

~~~

 

“You- stupid. How, could you, hit him?” Ji eun punched top with each pause. Her punches were weak, and they felt more like a massage. Top stood still, dealting every punch steadily.

 

He looked down at her, and said quietly, “Why, does your heart hurt for him?”

 

“What? You made such a huge mistake, and you’re still talking to me in that tone?” Ji eun said, “You, should be ashamed! Giving away your identity, and now punching someone?” She felt her head grow faint.

 

“So what? So what if people know about me? What’s going to happen?” He challenged. Ji eun swayed slightly.

 

“Hey… are you okay?” Supporting her limp body, he entrapped her in something similar to a hug. “Look, I punched that dude because-”

 

“Get your hands away from me.” Ji eun grunting, shoved TOP backwards, and stomped out of the room.

 

“Ji eun! Ji eun! You’re not fit to go outside yet!” Top rushed after her, but halted in his steps when he realized his face was bare. “Dang it!” He said, rushing back to the room to grab his mask.

 

By the time he left the room, Ji eun was nowhere to be seen.

 

 

~~~


[Author's Note]

 

Hello sorry for the extremely late update! Have been really busy. ><

BAP's Badman MV is out!!!

DO CHECK IT OUT! It's so cool. *-* They experimented with a genre called "Trap", and I think they did a fantastic job. :D

Once again, thanks for reading, and do look forward to the next chapter!! :D

 

<3 Notelights