-vi-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of brewed coffee wafted through my nose as soon as we walked into the café. This is a café that Yoojung and I often come to. I didn't need to even just glance at the menu because I already have my usual order. Instead, I looked over to Woojin and saw him staring intently at the menu. I took it as a chance to stare at his eyes from up close and I couldn't help but ask.

 

"Were you the one who picked the color?" I asked unblinking.

 

He turned his head towards me as I asked,  with his eyes starting to blink innocently again. "Does it look… bad?"

 

"No!" I quickly denied. "It looks great on you" I smiled.

 

He hummed before he nodded, looking deep in thought. I looked at him in question.

 

It's just contacts. Why does he look so deep in thought? I asked in my head

 

He seemed to notice my stare and snapped out of it. 

 

He cleared his throat before asking. "So what are you gonna order?"

 

"They know me here. I'll tell them the usual" I answered.

 

He nodded before immersing himself in the menu again.

 

The person infront of us was done ordering and we were up next.

 

"Goodafternoon, welcome to our café. What can I get for you two?" Jinyoung, the cashier asked. (A/n: This Jinyoung isn't Baejin. He's Got7’s Jinyoung btw)

 

"Oh you're here! And who's this other fellow that's not Yoojung?" He asked playfully.

 

"He's Woojin, my new friend" I said with a playful glare. I knew how naughty Jinyoung can get and I didn't want him to accidentally embarrass me.

 

"So what can I get for the first guy I've seen DaIn hang out with?" He said.

 

I hit his arm over the counter "It's not like I've seen you hang out with a girl either. And can you please stop the chatting, you're holding the line" I said poking my tongue out. 

 

"Well maybe you just haven't seen her. Besides, there's no one lined up behind you so there's no worry" he said before turning to Woojin.

 

"But since DaIn here inists I ask you your order, what is your order?" He asked.

 

"Uhm… do you have any recommendations?" Woojin asked back.

 

"First time here, huh? I'd recommend the Red Velvet cake and the Passion fruit iced tea" Jinyoung answered.

 

"I'll just get those then" Woojin ordered.

 

As Woojin chose his order I fumbled for my wallet to get some cash. But when I found it, I saw that Jinyoung was already swiping Woojin's card.

 

Jinyoung handed Woojin his credit card back and the device to let us know when our orders were ready. He motioned Woojin to come closer, in which Woojin complied. I saw Jinyoung whisper something to Woojin with a smirk, that caused Woojin to continuously blink at him innocently.

 

"Let's go" he told me before holding my shoulders to push me further into the café.

 

When finally sat down I immediately asked him about it. "What was that about?" 

 

"Huh? Oh that? It's a guy thing you don't need to know" he said.

 

I narrowed my eyes at him but I didn't push further.

 

"You know you didn't have to pay for my food. I'm the one who asked you to accompany me here in the first place" I said.

 

"Well, this is to pay for your coffee that I spilled" he said

 

"You didn't have to, but thank you" I said, very very only slightly touched (yup denying)

 

"So…uhm" he started.

 

I raised my eyebrows in question.

 

"Don't take this the wrong way but… why was I the one you asked to accompany you, not the other guys?" He asked.

 

I bit my tongue. Here comes the lie train.

 

"I wanted to get to know you most. You know the rest." I shrugged.

 

His ears turned red at my answer. At that moment, our buzzer rang and he immediately stood up to fetch our orders.

 

With his brief leave, I gave a relieved breath. "I didn't know I could lie that smoothly" I said to my self.

 

When he came back, he put my orders infront of me. I thanked him and took a sip of my coffee.

 

Should I ask him about prom? I asked internally, as the thought suddenly crossed my mind.

 

I gave a distressed sigh to try to make Woojin ask me what I was thinking about.

 

He looked up from his food and towards me. "Is there something wrong?" He asked. Bingo.

 

"It's just-- you know prom is two months away and I can't help but worry" I answered.

 

He pursed his lips in thought before asking again "Worry about….?"

 

"Well aside from the fact that it's the last one, I have no date to prom yet" I said, making sure to emphasize no.

 

"You? But there are lots of guys who like you…right?" He asked.

 

"I wouldn't say it like that. It doesn't feel that way. If there was someone who liked me, why don't they ask me?" I answered truthfully.

 

Yes, there was no one who asked me to prom yet. Not even the previous year. Well, I guess I was at fault during the previous year. I knew how it looks like when a person was going to ask me, so, before they have the chance to even say hi, I shoo them away because I refuse to attend the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter