-i-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"So, I heard there was this loser that auditioned for the cheerleading team? Because I think that's absolutely ridiculous. Pfft who does she even think she is?" I scowled as I drank my coffee.

 

We were walking along the shopping district on a Sunday night because Yoojung, my bestfriend aka cheerleading captain, begged me to go shopping with her.

 

"I know right! Ugh why do they think they're fit for those kind of things?" She rolled her eyes and laughed.

 

"Freaking annoying" I replied. As we were walking, I felt my purse vibrate, signaling that I have a call. 

 

"Dang it my hands are full" I said.

 

I transferred the paper bags I was holding over to my other hand and started searching for my phone, so I couldn't really see where I was walking, resulting to someone bumping into me. My cup of coffee flew from my hand to the concrete.

 

I quickly turned my head to look at the person and saw this nerdy guy. "Watch where you're going" I warningly said and left my spilled coffee with the guy behind. 

 

My phone stopped ringing so I stopped looking for it. Only then did I notice that Yoojung kept glancing at me as if she wanted to say something.

 

“If you want to say something just say it" I told her.

 

She scratched her head before speaking. "It's just… that guy is one of Donghyun's friends..".

 

"That loser?" I couldn't stop my self and let out a giggle. "I thought you HATED losers so why do you even like that Donghyun guy?" 

 

"Hey! That dude you bumped into is his only loser friend. Him and his other two friends aren't that bad…." Her voice got smaller as she got to the end of her sentence. 

 

I scrunched my nose before replying "I don't get you" and laughed.

 

"I'm not asking you to!" She said before playfully pushing me. 

 

Just then, my phone sarted ringing again.

 

When I finally found it, I saw that it was my mom that was calling me. "Ugh it's only 7 pm and my mom's already calling me. Wait, I got to take this" I told Yoojung. 

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey sweetie, what time are you coming home? It's almost dinner time. You know this weekly dinner-"​​​​​

 

"Is important for us to do, yeah mom I know that. I'm coming home now. I'll see you later" I said before hanging up.

 

"I told you we shouldn't have gone out on a Sunday night--" I was about to scold Yoojung but she suddenly held my arms to my side and made me face her.

 

"Yeah you should go home now. C'mon let's go now let's hurry" she spoke as if she was in a hurry.

 

"What? Why're you hurrying me?" I questioned her.

 

"I remembered that I still have something to do at home. I promised my parents something so let's go now okay?" She said and pushed me to the opposite direction, where there were taxis passing by.

 

 As we got there, there was already an available taxi. Seeing that, Yoojung immediately pushed me inside, bid me farewell and asked the driver to quickly leave.

 

The taxi then started moving. I was dumbfounded by Yoojung's weird behavior, but decided not to think of it anymore. The girl can go a little crazy at times.

 

 

 

 

The next day was a Monday, meaning that there were classes. It was almost the end of November already, the start of the second semester. Me and Yoojung's first classes have ended and it was time for a break.

 

As we were approaching the canteen, I saw two faces too familiar for me to ignore. Suddenly, I felt Yoojung tug on my sleeve. 

 

"Uhm you know what? Maybe we shouldn't eat at the canteen today. I'll treat you some food so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter