-xviii-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suddenly, Woojin was shaking me by the arm he had around me.
 


"Hey, let's get out of here" he said, removing his hand from my shoulder, to hold onto my hand.
 


"What--" I tried speaking, but before I could, he already started bolting out of the café. I caught Jinyoung's screech as we were about to leave the café.
 


"I'm watching you, kid! But nice make-over!"
 


I looked back at Jinyoung through the glass windows, shaking my head as I laughed.
 


"Why are we running?" I shouted at Woojin, who was still dragging me. He turned briefly, only to smile at me and continued running.
 


We've already reached the exit of the mall when we stopped running.
 


I panted heavily "Why... do you k....eep making me.... run" I spoke in between breaths.
 


He was panting too, but not as heavy as I was. "It's fun" he managed to chuckle despite panting.
 


I only rolled my eyes in response, calming down my breathing. "You know we didn't really had to leave there"
 


"Nonsense. They were going to leave us afterwards too. There isn't any difference if we left first" he shrugged.
 


"But I wanted to congratulate Yoojung" I pouted.
 


"It's not like you weren't going to see her again. Besides, it's Youngmin hyung's birthday soon and we're gonna celebrate!" He exclaimed.
 


"Really? When is it?" I asked.


 
"It's actually on the 25th but since that's Christmas Day, we're gonna celebrate some day else." 
 


I nodded. Right, Christmas. I wasn't sure whether my parents were coming home this year. They were home for some Christmas events but they still haven't texted or called about this year so I wasn't sure.


 
"What's with the sigh?" Woojin casted a worried glance at me.
 


I didn't even notice I sighed. I waved it off with a smile.
 


"It's nothing. My parents just... I'm not really sure if they're coming home for Christmas. They didn't these past 2 years." I chuckled bitterly.
 


"Well, if they don't come home for Christmas we can celebrate it together since my family doesn't really celebrate Christmas" he proposed.
 


"Are you being serious right now?" I asked, both eyebrows raised in disbelief.
 


"Just a suggestion" he shrugged.
 


"Anyways, what date is it today again? I need to know so I can plan when to buy gifts" I asked.
 


"17th. Oh, hey has it been a month since we've been friends?" He asked.


 
I felt a bitter pang in the pit of my stomach, I recognized somewhat as guilt.
 


"Yeah, I think even more than a month" I answered.
 


"That's why I want us to go on a date. To celebrate" he said.
 


"A date?" I smiled teasingly.
 


"Well it doesn't have to be a date if you don't want it to" he scratched the back of his head.
 


"A date it is then" I winked and exited the mall.
 


Woojin ran after me, hitting a suggestion as well.
 


"Do you skate?"
 

 

 


True enough, we ended up at a skating rink near Namsan. We were eating hoddeok as we headed towards our destination, as Woojin suggested, claiming that it was the best hoddeok he has ever tasted in his entire life. He wasn't lying either. It did taste kind of good.
 


"Just how many hoddeok stalls have you eaten at for you to claim it as 'the best hoddeok you've ever tasted in your entire life' anyway?" I laughed, chewing at the piping hot delicacy.


 
"Enough to know ofcourse" he scoffed.
 


"And since I live nearby, it isn't really difficult to look for stalls to eat at in this area" he explained.


 
"Whatever you say" I shrugged.


 
We both finished up our food just as we arrived at the rink. Surprisingly, the place wasn't too crowded. Probably because most people would prefer to stay at home, where it's warm, and not to freeze here outside. We headed towards the rentals to get ourselves some skates. Woojin paid for both of ours, waving at me to follow after him as we left the rentals.
 


"Let's take a seat here" Woojin said, taking a seat and patting the space beside it. I complied and started changing my shoes.
 


"Can you do it?" Woojin asked.


 
"I'm not a child. Of course I can do it" I poked my tongue at him.
 


Woojin chuckled in response and turned back to his own business. I tied the laces of my skates, securing its fit on my feet.
 


"Are you done?" Woojin asked, seemingly finished with wearing his skates as well.
 


I nodded in answer.
 


"Give me your shoes, I'm going to store it in one of these lockers" he said, reaching a hand out.
 


I took my shoes and handed it to him. Afterwards, I stood up from my seat and started proceeding to the entrance of the ice rink. Before I could step in, Woojin interrupted.
 


"Hey! Wait for me!"
 


I paused in mid-step, only one of my foot on the ice. "Hurry up!"
 


He made his way towards me, asking once more. "You're sure y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter