-xix-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was awkward after we left the rink. I didn't know how to relieve it so I simply stayed quiet. 


 
We walked a little more, until it started snowing.
 


"Let's go inside and warm our selves up with some food" Woojin said, pointing over to a restaurant.


 
"Sure" I nodded, following him inside.
 


There were lots of people here at the restaurant, probably because we exactly came at a lunch time. Luckily, there were available seats.
 
 
 

 


Lunch was.....
 
.....excrutiatingly long.
 
 
We ate in silence. Woojin, too, must've felt the same, as we both just kept shoving spoonfuls into our mouth. All I felt, was that we both wanted to shadow the awkwardness by eating.
 


"Are.. uh are you done?" He asked after long moments of eating quietly.
 


I nodded with a hum, finishing up the rest of the food on my plate.


 
"Well, we better go now before the snow worsens and it gets too cold for us to leave" he said with a nod of his head.
 


"Did you pay again?" I asked.


 
"Yeah" he answered with a sheepish smile.


 
"You're unfair. I want to pay next time, okay?" I gave a small smile.


 
Woojin sighed in reply "Fine. Whatever your heart desires".
 


With his word, we stood up from our seats, to leave the restaurant.
 


"We need to get to the highway before we can hail a taxi. You don't mind walking under the snow?" he asked.
 


"No, not really" I shook my head with a reassuring smile.
 


"Okay" he answered before we started walking. Still quiet.
 


I glanced at Woojin and noticed the worry in his face. He probably hated how things were awkward between us. And god I hated it as much. It was my fault that things were like this between us, so that meant it should be up to me to fix things too.
 


How? I stressed in my mind.
 


As we were walking alongside each other, I felt his hand brush against mine.


 
I gulped.


 
Should I?


 
I breathed and braved my self. I rubbed my hand against my pants before quickly grabbing Woojin's hand, acting as stoic as possible.


 
I felt his shock when I felt a small trip in his feet while we walked. I felt him turn his head towards me for a moment before he turned back. In turn, I looked at him and saw how a small smile crept into his face. 
 


I sighed silently in relief. Atleast, things have somehow lightened up now. I didn't want him to feel burdened with the thing with Jihoon, specially when I was actually using him. If there was someone to be burdened, let it be me.
 

 


As we reached the highway, Woojin hailed a taxi immediately to shield us from the falling snow.


 
He told an address to the driver I knew somehow was near but didn't know what exact place it was. I didn't ask Woojin further about where we were going because he's already told me that it was a surprise. To wait was the only choice I had.

 

 

 

 

We stopped infront of a... house.


 
We got down from the taxi, Woojin entering through the gates straight.


 
I followed unsurely.


 
This isn't his house, isn't it?
 


"Uhm, where is this?" I asked.


 
Woojin raised his hand and beckoned me to come closer, to where he was standing by the door.
 


He put his hand on the door handle before speaking.


 
"Welcome," he began


 
"To the Kingdom of Park Woojin!" he exclaimed as he swung the door open.


 
What
 


"Come in, come in. I think the snow's getting worse" he said as he entered.
 


"Wait- hold up. You brought me where? Your house?" I asked, in absolute incredulity.


 
"Wait, before you get weirded out, this was what I really planned to show you about me" he explained.
 


Right, the thing before about showing each other something about our self. 


 
"Oh right" I said in recognition, stepping in the warmth of the indoors.


 
What shocked me more than the fact that he brought me to his house when it's just the two of us, was that I didn't expect his wealth.

 

So that's why he always had something to pay with. Not that I'm looking down on him or anything, but he just doesn't radiate wealth.


 
His house was nice and simple but still showed class. His house was of considerable size for a rich family, though not as big as ours (a/n: and no, she isn't bragging lol just to give more description). The only thing missing was pictures that most families hang on the walls of their houses. For their case, I couldn't see even a single picture.

 

Well, maybe they're just not the type of people who likes to take pictures.


 
"We're friends right? I hope you don't take this tour in a wrong way. Since I'm the only one who's frequently here" Woojin said, scratching the back of his head.


 
I nodded reassuringly. "Don't worry. What are you going to show me then?"


 
"That'll be on the second floor." He said, already starting to walk to the stairs.


 
I followed him and saw him turn right towards a straight hallway. At the end of the hallway, Woojin stopped in the middle.


 
"There are three doors you can choose from, where you can pick what I'll show first" he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter