-final-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/n: This chapter is in 3rd POV. Enjoy and thank you for being with this story ♡




 

DaIn didn’t know if it was only because she was feeling nervous or the world really did slow down for a moment while the doors opened. A bright white spotlight hit both of them as they entered, which prevented them to see the faces of the students who were already inside the venue. As they passed through, that’s when she heard the surprised murmurs of the people around them.


 

‘Unbelievable… is that Woojin and DaIn?’


 

DaIn felt herself become more nervous hearing their comments, so she gripped Woojin tighter. Finally, they made it to the front, where they were supposed to bow before heading to a table. And they turned their backs against the bright light, she saw Jihoon’s face in the crowd looking shocked. She quickly averted her eyes and took a bow with Woojin before moving to the side.


 

“That was nerve wrecking" DaIn hears Woojin huff beside her.


 

She chuckled “I know. Everybody was staring at us”


 

“Let’s go look for the others” Woojin said.


 

DaIn nodded and followed after Woojin.


 

It took some turns and texts to finally find the others before finding them seated near the buffet table.


 

Yoojung dashed up to the couple and hugged DaIn, squealing loudly. “You’re here! I can’t believe you’re here!”


 

“I’m here” she replied with a chuckle.


 

Yoojung turned to Woojin, wiggling her eyebrows. “I knew you’d come through" she punched Woojin once in the arm.


 

“C’mon guys, we saved seats" Yoojung said pulling DaIn by the wrist.


 

Youngmin sighed “I wish Daehwi was here”


 

The rest laughed at his comment.


 

“You look good though. I bet you’ll score a lot of ladies tonight" DaIn commented, winking at Youngmin.


 

“Hey" Woojin pouted. “No winkies at other dudes"


 

“Alright, you green monster" DaIn smirked.


 

After having found the rest of the gang, the prom has started and the dances had begun.


 

“Let’s go dance!” Yoojung says over the music, and drags the others to the dance floor.


 

DaIn turns to Woojin, making sure that they don’t lose each other in the crowd of dancing people. Woojin notices her action and slips his hand into hers.


 

The beat played in the background as the five friends made a small circle of their own and danced along. Woojin stepped in the middle and started pulling out some of his moves. DaIn watched on with a proud smile on her face. But as she turned to Yoojung, she saw a worried smile etched on her friend’s face. DaIn nodded to Yoojung in assurance that she was fine.


 

After the song ended, it immediately changed into a slow song. People started to disperse from the dance floor, but the five remained.


 

“Excuse me, Youngmin-ssi?” a girl approached.


 

“I-I was wondering if we could dance?” she shyly asks Youngmin, who looks shocked that a girl had asked him to dance.


 

“U-uh yeah" he answered before turning to his friends and giving a small wave of victory as he left.


 

“Excuse me, milady?” Woojin asks DaIn, who was preoccupied with the sight of Youngmin getting asked.


 

DaIn turned to Woojin “Hm?”


 

“May I have this dance?” he asks, giving his hand for her to take.


 

“Why, of course you may" DaIn smiles, putting her hand in Woojin’s.


 

Woojin places his other hand on her waist, as she puts her hand on his shoulder. Woojin pulls her closer before they started swaying along with the song.


 

“Have I told you yet?” Woojin asks.


 

“Told me what?” DaIn asks back, tilting her head a little in question.


 

“That you’re beautiful” he tells her intently, softly gazing at her eyes.


 

DaIn felt her face heat up and bows her head, feeling shy. She feels the him drop her hand, only for him to put it under her chin and make her look up at him.


 

“Why’re you getting so shy?” Woojin chuckles, despite feeling his own heart pound against his chest.


 

“Stop it” she rolls her eyes, feeling a smile tingle her face.


 

“But you are!” he pushes.


 

“Fine! Thank you!” she laughs, gazing back at Woojin with the same amount of adoration he had for her in his eyes. Once again, being reminded of how lucky she was that she had someone like Woojin. That even after what she did, she believed her and kept loving her.


 

Woojin clicks his tongue. “Don’t you think just swaying around is boring?”


 

DaIn snaps out of her small moment, answering with another question. “What do you suggest then?”


 

“Try to follow me okay?” he says before starting to move around.


 

“Woah-- hey!” DaIn follows, making sure that she doesn’t accidentally stomp over his foot or topple down.


 

“You’re getting it!” Woojin says, repeating the same pattern of steps again and again until they were finally in sync.


 

“How about a little spin?” He said. He took one step back and opened one of his arms, with one hand still holding onto hers.


 

“C’mon spin towards me!”


 

She obliges, doing the same thing he did, before spinning until she was in his hold.


 

“What now?” she asks.


 

“Spin out" he orders.


 

She does the spin in reverse, but somehow got out of control by trying to spin too fast, making her let go of his hand. Somehow, neither of them noticed the song ending and turning back into a lively beat. So as she spun away, people started to rush to the dance floor again, separating them from each other.


 

“Ow! Hey!” she got pushed further and further away, as she heard Woojin’s faint voice calling out to her, slowly getting drowned out by the music.


 

Suddenly an arm grabbed her and pulled her even farther away from where she was earlier. She turned to the person but because it was too dark she couldn’t see who it was. She halted her steps and the person pulling her finally turned to her. In the blinking lights, she recognized the face.


 

“What are you doing?” she asked angrily.


 

“I saw you getting pushed around in the dance floor” he answered with a shrug.


 

“Besides, I just want to dance with you" Jihoon added, a lopsided smile on his lips.


 

“What makes you think I’d agree? Isn’t GoEun your date? Go dance with her or something" DaIn pulled her arm away harshly.


 

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have my own date” she spat before turning away to go back to where she was at last.


 

“Ow!” she hissed as people kept bumping into her or stepping on her gown as she passed.


 

She pushed her way back to where Woojin was but was puzzled to not see him there.


 

“DaIn!” she heard her name being faintly called. She turned and saw Woojin, avoiding the jumping bodies on the dance floor while he made his way to her.


 

“Hey, where’d you go? You suddenly disappeared when the song ended” Woojin asked, standing infront of DaIn.


 

“Sorry, I got lost when people suddenly swamped the dance floor" she apologized.


 

“It’s fine. I was just worried.” Woojin said. “Do you want to go get something to eat?”


 

“Sure" she nodded, her eyes fleeting towards the dance floor, where Jihoon stood, observing the both of them.


 

“You coming?” Woojin called out.


 

“O-oh. Yeah, I’m coming with"


 

 


 

“C’mon! We’re wasting our time sitting around!” DaIn whined, pulling on Woojin’s hand.


 

“But we just got back from dancing the whole time! Even the others are here" Woojin huffed leaning back onto his chair.


 

DaIn pursed her lips in thought. Suddenly an idea popped into her head. “Fine, if you don’t want to dance with me, I’ll go dance with someone else"


 

DaIn glanced at her wrist watch.


 

‘There isn’t much time left…’


 

“Hm, maybe Jihoon would want to dance…”


 

Woojin’s eyes widened in surprise. “You-- You’d really do that?”


 

His reaction shocked her, guilt suddenly filling her. “N-No of course not! I’m only kidding" she laughed.


 

“Okay fine, I’m just going to rest for 5 more minutes then we’ll dance again?”


 

“No it’s fine--”


 

The music died down and the sound of a mic being tapped was heard. DaIn stopped in the middle of her sentence and turned to the front.


 

“It’s so nice to see that everyone is enjoying the prom. Are you all having fun?” the speaker spoke into the microphone.


 

“Yes!” all the students chorused together.


 

“Well, the time has come, and it’s finally the moment where we award Prom King and Queen!”


 

The students cheered.


 

“Presenting, last year’s Prom King and Queen, to pass down the crown and announce this year’s King and Queen!”


 

DaIn clapped along as a couple made their way in the middle of the stage.


 

“Good evening everyone! For tonight, before we present the grand Prom King and Queen, we have prepared a special award just for you guys!” the Queen said.


 

“That’s correct! Different from the choice criteria for Prom King and Queen, this award was chosen by a set of judges tonight" the King explained.


 

“So are you guys ready to know who it is?” the Queen asked, earning cheers from the crowd.


 

“This award is called the Star of the Night! And to announce the the male star, will you please do the honor?” the Queen asked the King, handing over the envelope containing the results.


 

“Okay, so,” the King started, pulling out the card from inside the envelope. “Wow, a famous one indeed"


 

“The Male Star of the night is,”


 

The drum rolled.


 

“Mr. Park Jihoon!!!” the King announced.


 

Squeals erupted from the females as the said guy made his way onto the stage. They then put a sash on him before handing him the mic.


 

“Uhm, wow. Thank you for this award I guess?” he laughed.


 

“It’s a shame though, I was planning to win Prom King with someone" he smirked.


 

At that, Woojin stood up from his seat and went stood where DaIn was, protectively putting her behind him.


 

DaIn stared at the back of Woojin’s head, taken by surprise with his reaction.


 

“I know you’re here somewhere, so I hope you’ll get called" he said, ending his speech there. He handed back the mic to the Queen before stepping to the side.


 

“So the star has someone in mind, huh? We’ll see if it’s who you’re expecting" the Queen said, directing the question to Jihoon.


 

“Okay, now, for the female Star of the Night!” she began, pulling out the card out of another envelope.


 

“And she is,”


 

The drum rolled.


 

“Ms. Wang Yiren! Congratulations!” the Queen announced, while Woojin felt himself able to breathe again.


 

The girl whose name was called, shrieked, before practically running to the stage.


 

Woojin’s hold on DaIn’s wrist loosened, as she took that chance to interlace their fingers, comforting the tense boy.


 

“I don’t know what I’ll do if it was your name that was called” Woojin turned to her, a goofy smile on his lips.


 

DaIn merely smiled back, not knowing how she’d respond without bringing back what happened.


 

“Now, for what everyone has been waiting for the whole night, the announcement of Prom King and Queen!”


 

Woojin and DaIn both turned back to the front as the announcement began.


 

“I’ll be announcing the Prom Queen first" the King said.


 

“This year’s Prom Queen, based from all your votes, is,”


 

“Ms. Kim Doyeon!” the King announced.


 

Yoojung jumped up from her seat squealing in delight. “You go girl!”


 

“I think we got disqualified because we were late" Woojin whispered to DaIn.


 

“Oh hush, just be glad I’m not up there with Jihoon” DaIn slapped Woojin’s arm.


 

“Why? It would’ve been great if we won Prom King and Queen" Woojin pouted.


 

“I’m already happy enough that I got to attend prom with you” she smiled at Woojin.


 

“And now, for prom King” The Queen started, as Doyeon finished her speech.


 

“This year’s Prom King is-"


 

“Mr. Im Youngmin!”


 

Woojin and DaIn’s jaws dropped as they turned to their friend, who was seated at the table, busy stuffing tarts in his mouth.


 

He jumped from his seat looking back at his friends in disbelief. He swallowed the food in his mouth screaming “Is this a prank?”


 

“Go, you idiot! Everybody’s waiting!” Donghyun stood up from his seat pushing Youngmin to the stage.


 

“Let’s go" Woojin said with a giggle, as all of them accompanied Youngmin to the stage.


 

As they made it to the front, Youngmin went up the stage, his hands on his head.


 

They put on his cape and crown, handing him the mic.


 

“Wow, is this real? Prom King?” Youngmin said into the microphone.


 

“U-Uh… I guess I want to thank my friends? I don’t know I really didn’t expect this at all" he blabbered on the microphone.


 

As Youngmin talked, DaIn found herself making eye contact with Jihoon, who stood right behind Youngmin.


 

“Thank you again!” Youngmin finished his speech. DaIn broke eye contact with Jihoon, feeling uncomfortable.


 

“Now, let us all witness as the main couples of this night, have their first dance as Stars of the night and as Prom King and Queen" the Queen finished.


 

The two couples made their way into the middle of the dance floor, slow dancing together.


 

“Jihoon keeps on staring” Woojin comments with a pouty voice.


 

“I have an idea to stop him" DaIn responded, pulling Woojin with her to the dance floor.


 

“We dance with them" she says, putting her hands on Woojin’s shoulders.


 

“How is this going to stop him?” Woojin asked, putting his hands on her waist.


 

“Well, don’t you think that this is some sort of declaration that you’re my date?” DaIn answered with a tilt of her head.


 

“Wait,” Woojin says before he pulls her closer. “There, perfect"


 

DaIn laughs at Woojin’s antics, leaning her forehead against his as they danced.


 

As the dance lasted, more people joined and Jihoon was finally out of sight.


 

“So your planned worked huh?” Woojin said, earning a chuckle from DaIn. However, it was abruptly stopped as she glanced towards the entrance and saw their driver trying to look for her in the crowd. Near them, Yoojung was also waving at her to look. She drew her wrist watch near her and saw that her time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter