-xxxi-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I fell right into peaceful slumber after Woojin’s arrival and momentarily crying in his embrace. I only woke up hours later, deeper into the night, slowly fluttering my eyes open.

 

“Hey" he softly greeted when he saw me wake up, peering down at me.

 

“Hey…” I greeted back.

 

“How’re you holding up?” he asked.

 

“I’m doing better but… how are you here?” I searched his eyes, trying to see if he was only forced to come here. I was relieved that he was still there when I woke up. Was he watching me the whole time he was there?

 

“I told you I’d always be here to wipe your tears didn’t I?” he said, tears starting to form around his eyes.

 

“But aren’t you mad at me?” I asked with a frown.

 

“I should be, shouldn’t I?” he sighed.

 

“But you need someone right now. And I want that to be me”

 

“I don’t understand. I hurt you" I whispered in denial.

 

“Don’t think about it for now, hm? You already have a lot on your plate. It’s okay if we don’t talk about it right now" he assured, tucking hair behind my ear. But I wasn’t convinced.

 

“If I don’t talk to you about it now then when can I ever? Please don’t cry” I frowned deeper.

 

He chuckled as I wiped his tears away, but almost immediately warped back into the expression he had before that.

 

“Yoojung and Donghyun already talked to me about it and I… I kind of understand what happened now" he said.

 

He talked to Donghyun? But he didn’t know anything. I doubt Yoojung told Donghyun anything either, so it was impossible that what they talked about was about the thing I planned with Yoojung.

 

I thought for a short moment, before realizing what he was probably talking about. They probably convinced him to come here. Woojin was only here as a friend, to comfort me. He came out of pity.

 

“Oh…”, was all I could mutter

 

It was clear. I mean, who would even show up infront of the person who made a fool out of them?

 

But he needed to know how I felt despite that. And I was going to get it through.

 

I my lips in preparation.

 

“I know you’re aware of the past I had with Jihoon" I suddenly blurted without much thought.

 

“Huh?” he said in confusion.

 

Shoot. I shouldn’t have started that way.

 

“Uhm, I mean I was inlove with him"

 

His eyebrows furrowed at the next thing I said.

 

Ugh no I made it worse.

 

“No, wait I mean I.. I--” the words hung at the tip of my tongue but I couldn’t voice them out.

 

A loud ring cut through the noise in my head, as I heard panicked footsteps nearby.

 

Woojin pulled away and sat up in confusion.

 

I followed and sat up too. I saw my phone glowing brightly in the darkness of the room, and that there was an incoming call.

 

I grabbed it and saw an unknown number, but answered it eitherway.

 

“Hello, who is this?” I said.

 

“Hello young miss, we’re the agents who reported to you a few days ago and have called to deliver news"

 

“What news?” My eyebrows furrowed at the agent’s rushed manner of speaking. I felt Woojin turn his head towards me, leaning his head closer to the phone to listen in.

 

“We found your parents and they are currently being brought in to Seoul National Hospital”

 

“You found my parents?” I repeated after the agent.

 

“Yes, and your presence is requested here" he replied.

 

“Oh my god" I breathed out in relief, cupping my mouth with my free hand. Woojin put a hand on my back, probably unsure of the news being relayed to me at the moment.

 

“Okay, uhm, I’ll be right there a-as soon as I can- oh my god" I stumbled over my words, unable to speak properly because of the overwhelming feeling I had at the moment.

 

The agent and I exchanged a few more words before I finally hung up.

 

I immediately turned to Woojin as the line died.

 

“I need to--"

 

“We need to go now" he cut me off, standing up from the bed.

 

“Get dressed, I’ll wait for you downstairs” he gave a small smile, as he wore his uniform blazer.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter