-xxxiv-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re not serious" Yoojung deadpanned, towering over where I sat.



“I’m serious” I glanced at her as I spoke but turned right back to writing notes after.



“C’mon, we already finished our final exams. What’re you studying for again?” She huffed.



“I told you, I need to write more articles to submit to publishing companies.” I reasoned, flipping over to the next page of the book I was reading.



I heard Yoojung scoff above me “I don’t think you need a job and more money than you already do"



“I don’t, It’s for experience.”  



“Don’t you really want to come pick out prom dresses with me?” Yoojung sighed in defeat.



“Not like I’m still going to attend" I put down my pen and propped my head up with an arm to look up at Yoojung.



“Ah…” Yoojung said, realizing the mistake in what she said.



“Okay, fine. But I’ll comeback for you later” she said, grabbing her bag from the table.



I nodded with a positive hum, turning back to writing notes.



 



 

It hasn’t been long since Yoojung left, but as I was too caught up in writing, another presence made its way across from where I sat. The person cleared his throat to get my attention from what I was doing.



I snapped my head up and was surprised to see who was infront of me.



“D-Donghyun"  I slowly straightened up and put my pen down.



“Hey…” he greeted with a short raise of his hand.



“What’re you doing here?” I asked.



“I… uh… I guess I need to explain some things to you" he answered leaning forward on the table.



“I already talked to Yoojung some time ago. I told her not to tell you yet because I wanted to tell you myself"  



“You’re… not mad?” I asked cautiously.



He chuckled, surprising me. “That’s how Yoojung reacted too”  



“Want to go get some coffee?” he offered.

 

 

 



“Does Woojin know that you know?” I asked, stirring my frappe with its straw.



He nodded affirmatively.  



“We all talked about it together and they understood.”



“How about you and Yoojung?” I asked.



“We’re doing fine.”



They were still together. How lucky. I sighed.  



“She also cleared up everything to me. We told Woojin about it but, I think it would be better if you could still talk to him about it" he added immediately.



“I haven’t had the chance to talk to Woojin properly yet. I weirdly haven’t seen him around school” I reasoned.



Nor did I have the courage to.



“I think it’s because he’s been avoiding you” he said quietly.



“What?”



“You’re not gonna ask why?” he took a sip of his drink, a small smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.



“Why do you look entertained?” I frowned at Donghyun.



“Because it’s funny" he shrugged.



“Wow, I never knew you would betray me like this. I’m telling on Yoojung” I threatened playfully.



He only snickered in response.



“C’mon tell me why Woojin is avoiding me" I whined in frustration.



“He saw you with Jihoon" he told directly to the point.



I froze before groaning.



“Jihoon was the one who kept approaching me and annoying me. I swear it meant nothing. But ofcourse it’s so easy to think-- ugh, what would Woojin think?” I buried my head in my palms, groaning even louder.



“Well, he’s jealous alright" Donghyun commented. “And actually did misunderstand the whole situation”



“Misunderstood how?”



“That’s kind of a reason why it’s you who needs to tell him about what happened. He still doesn’t fully believe everything we told him. He might be thinking that you and Jihoon are getting back together and got discouraged to approach you, so he’s avoiding you instead" he explained in a single breath.



I looked down, trying to think of what I could do. After a moment of thought, I looked up at Donghyun again.



“Thank you for telling me this Donghyun” I looked up at Donghyun with a smile. “And for trusting me even after, y’know, this whole fiasco. I feel like I owe you a lot now”



“Hey, I only did this for Yoojung and, most specially, Woojin” he said, returning my smile.



“You’re mean" I huffed.



“I’m kidding" he chuckled. “Make sure when you talk to Woojin, you say everything with all honesty, okay?”



“I will"


 

 



That was harder than I originally thought and said it was. Maybe fate wasn’t done with me and wanted to keep playing with me. I spent the whole night thinking of how I should approach Woojin and explain my self. And so, today was supposed to be a great chance for me to do it (having free time the whole day with the prom being tomorrow night) but I was kept on being called to the office because teachers and people from publishing companies kept coming to talk to me, so I had no chance to look for Woojin yet. It’s not like could reject any of those calls because I needed them for my college and future preparations.  

 

I bit my lips in thought. What do I do?


Currently, it was just a few minutes after lunch break and I was finally free from the office. But that only meant I only had a short time left to look for Woojin and talk.



“Hey, you listening?” Yoojung nudged my side.



“Huh?” I blankly turned to her.



“You didn’t hear a thing I said just now didn’t you?” she deadpanned.



“Sorry, I’m just a little distracted with Woojin. I still haven’t talked to him" I sighed.



“Then why aren’t we looking for him?” Yoojung gasped, pulling me up from my chair and dragging me outside of the room.



“Yoojung, wait-- we aren’t supposed to be outside our rooms! We’re gonna get in trouble!” I tugged on the hand she had around my upper arm.



“Not if you’re the only one outside" she let go of my arm just as we were outside of Woojin’s classroom, and pushed me forward.


 

“Goodluck!” she waved shortly before running away from where I was.


 

I gaped at Yoojung who already sprinted to our classroom, and left me standing alone awkwardly outside the other room.


 

I gulped nervously, thinking of what I should do. Cower back to the classroom and lose this chance


 

or


 

toughen up and finally talk to Woojin?


 

“Ooh! Woojin!” I heard a loud voice boom from inside the classroom, as I heard them start to become rowdy.


 

I walked to the windows and discreetly peeped inside their classroom to see what was happening.


 

Woojin was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter