-xxiv-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So where's my cake?" Youngmin asked, as we approached the table.
 


Daehwi face palmed. "You're seriously not gonna stop with that?"


 
"Where's the food?" I asked as we sat down.


 
"We're the VIPs, we don't need to fall in line. They're the ones who'll serve us" Yoojung said with a proud smile.


 
I nodded, turning towards Woojin, who sat on my right. Woojin must have noticed my gaze and turned to look back at me, my instant reaction was to avoid his gaze.


 
Shoot. The anchoring feeling in my stomach got worse. Now, I feel ticklish in my stomach too.


 
I felt a hand touch my elbow, making me jump in my seat. Everybody in the table turned to look at me, after I managed to knee the table when I jumped.
 


I sighed at my self. That's gonna leave a mark.
 


I nervously looked over to Woojin, who had a concerned look on his face.
 


"Are you okay? Did something happen when you went to the comfort room?" He asked.
 


"I-I'm fine. I just-- uhm, I almost slipped on ice on our way here so I just kinda feel jumpy" I lied with a nervous smile.


 
"You sure? You didn't twist a joint the wrong way or anything?" He asked, making sure.


 
I heard Yoojung cough a little, matching it with a discreetly mischievous smile.
 


"I'm sure" I smiled.


 
He nodded, removing his hand from my elbow, to hang his arm over the back rest of my seat.


 
Stop it. I scolded my self after I felt a surge of warmth flow up my face.


 
I mean, did I seriously have to believe Yoojung when she told me I liked Woojin? Wasn't I supposed to be the one to realize that? Okay, I am starting to feel weird around him but that doesn't prove anything until I admit to it.
 


I breathed deeply. Which turned out to be a bad idea because of my proximity from Woojin at the moment. I inhaled his scent and felt momentarily dizzy. Has he always smelled this nice?

 

I literally felt warmth radiate from his body. God, this is seriously weirding me out. It's like I suddenly had enhanced senses, just like when Peter Parker got bitten by a radio active spider or something. Except for the spider biting part. And the having super powers part.


 
I saw Yoojung smiling at me weirdly, either from how I probably looked at the moment or maybe from how close Woojin was seating next to me.
 


I sighed, trying to calm my self. Hopefully, dinner comes soon. I need distraction from being reminded of Yoojung's deduction of my feelings.
 

 

 

 

If I thought things would be better after dinner, I was wrong. Dead wrong.


 
Everyone opted to tour around the resort, which sounded like a good thing at first. A feeling that was quickly flipped around when they said they wanted us to tour separately. Donghyun and Yoojung, ofcourse, were going to tour together. Youngmin discovered that a friend of his was at the resort too. Daehwi, on the other hand, didn't want to be left with me and Woojin so he tagged along with Youngmin instead. 


 
They left us. Alone.


 
It didn't sound like a bad thing before. We have hung out multiple times before, just us two. So it shouldn't make a difference now. But it did. Atleast to me, it did.
 


I couldn't refuse touring around with just the two of us either. He'd find it even more weird. Just like what happened all throughout dinner. He kept glancing at me because of how I was acting. I tried not to act different but my body kept betraying me and reacting on its own.
 


"Did I... do something wrong?" He asked, finally opening the topic I badly wanted to avoid. I guess I wasn't convincing enough. Or I just really couldn't hold my self back from my reactions.

 

We were walking along the place they call the enchanted forest in the resort at the moment. It's name doesn't lie though. We were surrounded by trees lit up by Christmas lights wrapped around t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter