-xxxii-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why do I need to be here again?” I asked Yoojung with a frown. I couldn’t believe I was back in school again. Only today, Yoojung opted that we walked to school to make my body move after being in bed for so long.

 

“Because your parents said so" she answered.

 

“But I need to watch over them!” I defended.

 

“You already did for three days! And besides, there were maids sent over to the hospital to care for them.”

 

I huffed. Yoojung and my parents both insisted that I attended school again when I could probably just skip classes till the end of the school year or something. (Or maybe after finals because I need that to pass my classes and graduate)

 

“Don’t give me that look. You’ve skipped a week and a half of school already" Yoojung said in the midst of my quietness.

 

“Maybe you’ve forgotten but everybody witnessed what happened between me and Woojin. They all still probably talk about that" I said.

 

Yoojung blocked my way and crossed her arms.

 

“Where’s the DaIn I used to know? The last time I checked, the DaIn I knew didn’t give a crap about what others said about her” she sassily said.

 

“But--"

 

“No more buts. You’re gonna be late for class and I’m gonna be late for a meeting" Yoojung said.

 

“What do you mean? You’re not gonna attend class?” I asked.

 

“Prom is coming up and we were tasked along with the student committee to arrange…” she trailed off.

 

I pursed my lips hearing the word prom. I’ve totally forgotten all about it. I had my parents to worry about and I didn’t have time to worry about that. I didn’t realize that it was coming soon.

 

Yoojung cleared , snapping me out of my daze.

 

“Now c’mon, I’ll take you to your class" she hooked her arm in mine.

 

“Wow, with the way you’re acting right now, you might as well be my boyfriend” I smirked.

 

“Sorry sweetie but I’m taken" she made a kissy face, making both of us laugh as we headed to the classroom.

 

 

 

 

I kicked the locker in annoyance, making the student who was taking stuff out from his own locker flinch. I barely made it through the first few periods without exploding. Beginning with the teacher making a remark that I finally attended classes again, and other students who keep on looking at me with fake pity when all I know, they still snicker behind my back because of the scene I caused.

 

“Where’s Yoojung?” a voice softly spoke from my side.

 

I turned to the voice, knowing very well who owned it.

 

“None of your business" I deadpanned.

 

“Does this mean you’ll be alone for break? I’ll accompany you then" He offered.

 

“Look Jihoon, It’s fine I can handle my self" I answered, slamming my locker shut and turning away to leave.

 

“Well, I didn’t say you couldn’t. It’s me who wants to accompany you" he walked up to me, matching my pace.

 

“Don’t you have anywhere else to go to? Your friends? GoEun?” I sighed, completely uninterested in the act he’s trying to pull.

 

He snorted. “Nah, I broke up with her”

 

I didn’t answer, not really having any interest in carrying out a conversation with him. Even if it was totally my fault that Woojin was hurt, it didn’t mean that he didn’t play a role in it. Besides, the fact that people knew, and I myself knew, that Jihoon influenced my decision to use Woojin, made it worse to be with him.

 

“Infact, I broke up with her for you" he added.

 

I stopped in my tracks, jaw clenched, eyes closed and a frustrated sigh leaving my nose. I then snapped my head towards Jihoon’s direction, opening my eyes again to look at him dead in the eyes.

 

“What is it, huh? What do you want Jihoon? Why are you bothering me again?” I asked him, making sure my displeasure dripped from every word.

 

“Jihoon, I’m not going to fall for your tricks anymore, okay? I won’t helplessly fall in love with you again, through charming me with sweet words and gestures. That won’t work anymore" I faced him completely, crossing my arms over my chest.

 

He didn’t answer. Instead, he only looked back at me with an unreadable gaze. It wasn’t like I could read people either. Specially Jihoon’s. I knew how good he was in masking his emotions. Right now, his intention is clear, but his genuineness isn’t.

 

Then, to my surprise he smiled.

 

“Yeah, I get that. You probably think I’m still the same Jihoon who fooled around with feelings. But,” he paused to step closer to me. This kind of distance… it felt different. This kind of proximity he was trying didn’t feel familiar as it did with Woojin. It just felt suffocating.

 

So, I took a step back.

 

He sighed, but continued. “I’ve changed"

 

I let out a plain chuckle “Or so you want me to think. I’m sorry, I’m not interested" I said.

 

I turned around to leave. As I heard his footsteps try to follow me, I immediately spoke.

 

“And don’t follow me nor approach me again" I turned to tell him.

 

I thought it worked, seeing that he really did not follow me that day. But it only got worse.

 

A bouquet of roses were dropped on my table as I was eating alone the next day.

 

“What is it now?” I said plainly, putting a spoon of rice in my mouth.

 

A heard a few whispers here and there, but they were less than what I expected when Jihoon approached.

 

“I see you’re eating alone again. I’m here to accompany you ofcourse” he shrugged before taking a seat beside me.

 

“I don’t want to be seen with you so if you could just leave. Thank you very much" I glared at him.

 

“C’mon give me a chance. I told you, I changed" he sat sideways, facing me, propping his arm on the table to lean his head against h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter